Josh Allen To Return for Junior Season

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Great to hear that Josh will come back. Let's hope that he can handle the expected hype from certain draftniks and scribes throughout the 2017 season.

Exhibit A:
https://twitter.com/PeteFiutak/status/8 ... 8046363648
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If Josh wants to be a first round pick, he needs to beat Iowa, Gardner-Webb, Oregon, and Texas State en route to being ranked throughout the season, a MWC Championship, and a potential NY6 Bowl.

If Allen is truly the next Wentz, playing on a MWC team, there is no reason the Pokes should not have huge success next season.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:If Josh wants to be a first round pick, he needs to beat Iowa, Gardner-Webb, Oregon, and Texas State en route to being ranked throughout the season, a MWC Championship, and a potential NY6 Bowl.
No he doesn't need to do that.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
dapokes
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote:If Josh wants to be a first round pick, he needs to beat Iowa, Gardner-Webb, Oregon, and Texas State en route to being ranked throughout the season, a MWC Championship, and a potential NY6 Bowl.

If Allen is truly the next Wentz, playing on a MWC team, there is no reason the Pokes should not have huge success next season.
He absolutely doesn't HAVE to. All he really needs is a completion percentage over 60% and the rest is all physical tools. If he gets over 60% completion it shows the mental part of the game developed with the awareness to check down. However, I saw he was one of the top ranked QBs w yards per completion.

Pump the brakes w the NY6 talk. Let's just beat Iowa. I'll be making the trip.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
No he doesn't need to do that.

Mkay boss :thumb:
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:. I want him to do more sliding and less lowering his shoulder.
I think he knows his health is important for the future, so I expect lowering his shoulder will be zero and situations where sliding would be necessary to be almost nonexistent. Hand off, dropback pass, or roll out pass is it for next year.
Good luck with that!
Agreed, seems that's not Josh's style. Especially in the middle of a tight game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coachweidner
Buckaroo

dapokes wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:15 pm

He absolutely doesn't HAVE to. All he really needs is a completion percentage over 60% and the rest is all physical tools. If he gets over 60% completion it shows the mental part of the game developed with the awareness to check down. However, I saw he was one of the top ranked QBs w yards per completion.

Pump the brakes w the NY6 talk. Let's just beat Iowa. I'll be making the trip.
I'm thinking if he has over 60% completion percentage most all of those goals will become a reality. Increasing his completions and decreasing his turnovers (i.e. interceptions) will help the Cowboys win more games, including giving them opportunities to beat Iowa and Oregon as well as making another run at the MWC championship game.