2017 Schedule Projections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Obviously this is super early, but I was looking at the schedule for 2017 and noticed we have 7 home games next year. Home games vs Oregon, Gardner Webb, Texas State, CSU, Fresno, Hawaii, and NM.

With Allen back, anything less than 7 wins is a disappointment in my opinion.

I realize this is NOT the exact schedule below, just a hypothetical.

Sep. 2 @ Iowa
Sep. 9 Gardner-Webb
Sep. 16 Oregon
Sep. 23 @ Air Force
Sep. 30 Texas State
Oct. 7 BYE
Oct. 14 @ SJSU
Oct. 21 Colorado State
Oct. 28 Fresno State
Nov. 4 @ Boise State
Nov. 11 Hawaii
Nov. 18 @ USU
Nov. 25 New Mexico
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The Mountain West seems to intentionally matchup division contenders in the final week. Problem is, that would be a road game vs. BSU and there are few road games to begin with. Unless there is some crazy 3-game home stretch in there.

I'm guessing there is a bye on Sept. 23. Speculation of course, but fun speculation.

WTF is with this conference and waiting until spring to release the schedule? Almost all of college football has their 2017 slates already done.

Brave of Gardner and Webb to take on Wyoming all by themselves. 2 vs. 11 on each side of the ball is madness, but I applaud their courage.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I really wish the MW would have teams play their 3 cross divisional games as the first 3 conference games. That way there's a bigger gap in case the conference championship is a rematch
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:I really wish the MW would have teams play their 3 cross divisional games as the first 3 conference games. That way there's a bigger gap in case the conference championship is a rematch
Again, this would probably make TOO much sense. Who sets the rules for scheduling? Is it Thompson's office or is it up to the individual universities to cobble together their schedules as they can?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

djm19 wrote:Obviously this is super early, but I was looking at the schedule for 2017 and noticed we have 7 home games next year. Home games vs Oregon, Gardner Webb, Texas State, CSU, Fresno, Hawaii, and NM.

With Allen back, anything less than 7 wins is a disappointment in my opinion.

I realize this is NOT the exact schedule below, just a hypothetical.

Sep. 2 @ Iowa
Sep. 9 Gardner-Webb
Sep. 16 Oregon
Sep. 23 @ Air Force
Sep. 30 Texas State
Oct. 7 BYE
Oct. 14 @ SJSU
Oct. 21 Colorado State
Oct. 28 Fresno State
Nov. 4 @ Boise State
Nov. 11 Hawaii
Nov. 18 @ USU
Nov. 25 New Mexico
I can all but guarantee that October 14 will be homecoming. That's the weekend we have it almost every year. (Trust me. I was born on homecoming in 1982 :thumb:)