OL Commit Switches to NE

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Gotta love it when the chicken poop chosen ones come in late...

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/lincol ... mmit-no-17
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Doesn't take much for these NE kids to flip. Guess that's the risk associated with them.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I wonder what he will think likely sitting on the bench at NE for two years vs. possibly starting at Wyo.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I wasn't a fan of the highlights I watched of him when he verbally committed. He looks like the Hulk but has terrible form. There is a lot to work with there physically, but he is a long way from being a decent offensive lineman.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:54 pm Doesn't take much for these NE kids to flip. Guess that's the risk associated with them.
This is life in this game, but he wants it to be love and the bars are closing. He and his old man (pretty sure he was the guy sportin' his big red gear on the official visit pics) just got booty called.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I personally think he was going to be a solid one, and Nebraska knows Bohl knows how to find linemen. They took an advantage they would've been dumb not to attempt.

Just wish we had that kind of clout. A few more winning seasons and it'll happen.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Ok, moving on. Best of luck to the kid.

Just know...that 3+ years down the road, having only played a handful of meaningless downs while serving as the team tackling dummy, he will truly second guess himself, and wonder what life would have been like as a big fish in a small pond, with the Brown & Gold! Go Pokes!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think the coaching staff was prepared at this position for just this issue. There are plenty of offensive lineman in this class.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:34 pm I think the coaching staff was prepared at this position for just this issue. There are plenty of offensive lineman in this class.
It will be interesting to see if we take another OL
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I know the situations are not identical, but this does not strike me as much different than when the basketball player from Pine Bluffs decided to back out on his verbal to Creighton and become a Poke. I went to grad school in Lincoln and those folks there dream about the Big Red the way we hope Wyoming kids dream about the Brown & Gold. I am glad for the young man who is getting a shot to play for his Huskers. We have benefited from that kind of home-state pride with a few players over in Laramie as well.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

WyoExpat wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:57 pm I know the situations are not identical, but this does not strike me as much different than when the basketball player from Pine Bluffs decided to back out on his verbal to Creighton and become a Poke. I went to grad school in Lincoln and those folks there dream about the Big Red the way we hope Wyoming kids dream about the Brown & Gold. I am glad for the young man who is getting a shot to play for his Huskers. We have benefited from that kind of home-state pride with a few players over in Laramie as well.
Wrong. Nebraska struck out on some high profile prospects and used Walker as a fallback option. Thompson had a scholarship from day 1 and the coaches backed off after his commitment for him to call them and say he wanted to be a Cowboy. The big thing to me is the time period and doing it with less than a month till signing day is slightly garbage.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Lol I love the people on this board.

When he is committed to Wyoming: Bohl is killing it with this recruiting, this kid is a stud.

When the kid flips to Nebraska: This kid isn't a decent olinemen, he is gonna ride the bench, he's barely going to play any meaningful snaps.

Petty. Damn petty.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:31 pm Lol I love the people on this board.

When he is committed to Wyoming: Bohl is killing it with this recruiting, this kid is a stud.

When the kid flips to Nebraska: This kid isn't a decent olinemen, he is gonna ride the bench, he's barely going to play any meaningful snaps.

Petty. Damn petty.
In case you haven't noticed, there's a slight difference between Mountain West competition and Big Ten competition. A kid can easily be a stud at the MWC yet still would possibly ride the bench in the Big Ten.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Maybe him and Engelhaupt can be roomies.

Too bad. I was excited for him to be a cowboy.

At least we flipped one kid ourselves this year.
W-Y, Until I Die!
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

WyoExpat wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:57 pm I know the situations are not identical, but this does not strike me as much different than when the basketball player from Pine Bluffs decided to back out on his verbal to Creighton and become a Poke. I went to grad school in Lincoln and those folks there dream about the Big Red the way we hope Wyoming kids dream about the Brown & Gold. I am glad for the young man who is getting a shot to play for his Huskers. We have benefited from that kind of home-state pride with a few players over in Laramie as well.
I think the situations are different.
With Thompson, once he committed to Creighton the Wyoming basketball staff gave a scholarship to Maldanado, who accepted it. When Thompson changed his mind the staff welcomed him but explained they did not have a scholarship. He decided to use the Hathaway. But Wyoming did not recruit or bother him once he said he was going to Creighton. Similar in that the young man grew up in Wyoming so there was a lure, but not similar in that Nebraska put a full court press on the kid once it was rejected by others. Let me say I don't resent the young man for deciding to go to Nebraska but Thompson's desire to be a Cowboy was underscored by the fact he is coming even without a scholarship.
dakarpoke
Buckaroo

Obviously Wyoming isn't going to get a lot of recruits from Neb. Kansas, or even Colorado if they get scholly offers from Neb. Kan/Kst or CU. And as we know the best kids from Colorado often go to places like USC, Stanford and Mich. as well.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I predict we will get more and more of these recruits. We just need to have patience. When these recruits see the wins, the coaching, and where this program is headed, they will come.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WYCowboy wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:20 am I predict we will get more and more of these recruits. We just need to have patience. When these recruits see the wins, the coaching, and where this program is headed, they will come.
I completely agree. It'll help even more when they notice our players getting consistently into the NFL too. It'd be huge for us if Roullier got picked, for example. Likewise with Wacha.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Worry about recruiting when P5 schools don't want your players. This is can be seen as a positive.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

J-Rod wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:04 pm Worry about recruiting when P5 schools don't want your players. This is can be seen as a positive.
:thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...