OL Commit Switches to NE

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

At least we are competing with schools like Nebraska for recruits. I remember this type of thing during the Joe Glenn/Christensen days:

Also recruited by:

South Dakota Tech
Chadron State
Weber State
Bosler School for the Deaf
Roast Beef Tech
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Bosler School for the Deaf has a 2-4 record all-time vs. CSU.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:53 pm At least we are competing with schools like Nebraska for recruits. I remember this type of thing during the Joe Glenn/Christensen days:

Also recruited by:

South Dakota Tech
Chadron State
Weber State
Roast Beef Tech
Glenn, or someone on his staff, had an eye for defensive talent. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:21 am
SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:53 pm At least we are competing with schools like Nebraska for recruits. I remember this type of thing during the Joe Glenn/Christensen days:

Also recruited by:

South Dakota Tech
Chadron State
Weber State
Roast Beef Tech
Glenn, or someone on his staff, had an eye for defensive talent. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong.
Marty English. Several potential NFL caliber linebackers were recruited by him (Hendricks, Knapton, Bizeuns (sp), Dobbs, Prater, Johnson, Toney, Shoeber, Mohammad, etc.).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 am

Also recruited by:

South Dakota Tech
Chadron State
Weber State
Roast Beef Tech
Marty English. Several potential NFL caliber linebackers were recruited by him (Hendricks, Knapton, Bizeuns (sp), Dobbs, Prater, Johnson, Toney, Shoeber, Mohammad, etc.).

Except most Wyoming NFL players recruited during Glenn's years were not linebackers. Gipson, Purcell, Unrein, Wendling, Prosinski...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:19 am
McPeachy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 am

Also recruited by:

South Dakota Tech
Chadron State
Weber State
Roast Beef Tech

Except most Wyoming NFL players recruited during Glenn's years were not linebackers. Gipson, Purcell, Unrein, Wendling, Prosinski...
No doubt about that. I am fairly certain that Marty was the primary on Unrein, not sure of the others...but wouldn't surprise me if 1/2 were "his guys".

I also think that Knapton & Bizeuns (sp) would have been NFL draft picks had they been allowed to play their natural positions the last 2 years of eligibility, instead of forcing them to move to DE (thanks to dickface).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:54 pm Doesn't take much for these NE kids to flip. Guess that's the risk associated with them.
I hate it when that happens. It happens to the U. of SC, my team, all the time. It's just frustrating when you have a commitment from a kid and as a fan and probably as a coach, too, you start to count on him to help your team. And when he commits to your school many of the other big schools have not offered at the time. Your team many have invested a tremendous amount of money, energy, etc to recruit the kid. But then the bigger program comes in at the last minute and offers. Again, it's very frustrating especially if the recruit fills a position of need.

But we are dealing with 18 year old kids so many that is what the norm is for today's college football environment.