High Altitude Performance Center Progress

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Pictures, videos and tweets showing the progress made on the $44 million High Altitude Performance Center from now until Fall, 2017 (and beyond):
https://twitter.com/TomBurman1/status/8 ... 5637435393 Image
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

can't wait to see the Iron work go up, my Brother in Law is in on that project!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

This can only help with the recruiting. I was very dissapointed to see where the "talking heads" have our recruiting class near the bottom of all FBS. I hope they're wrong.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

phxpoke wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:44 pm This can only help with the recruiting. I was very dissapointed to see where the "talking heads" have our recruiting class near the bottom of all FBS. I hope they're wrong.
Who cares....they've said the last couple of Bohl's classes were at or near the bottom of FBS and look how that worked out for us this year. Clearly Bohl and staff know a great deal more about identifying talent than all the guys that just talk about it.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:44 pm This can only help with the recruiting. I was very dissapointed to see where the "talking heads" have our recruiting class near the bottom of all FBS. I hope they're wrong.
And Josh Allen had 0 stars...
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

dapokes wrote:
And Josh Allen had 0 stars...
Josh Allen and Brian Hill are the two best examples of how wrong the experts are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:44 pm
Who cares....they've said the last couple of Bohl's classes were at or near the bottom of FBS and look how that worked out for us this year. Clearly Bohl and staff know a great deal more about identifying talent than all the guys that just talk about it.
Maybe this building was part of their recruiting pitch? Just a thought.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:44 pm
Exactly. How the heck did Wyoming beat SDSU and Boise this season with all of those Rivals and Scout 3-stars on their teams?! Really, how many coaches have been quoted as saying that they see little difference between many 2-star and 3-star players within these rating sites?

This staff looks to be pretty good at identifying talent and developing that talent. I'd be a little worried if I were MWC opponents moving forward. The HAPC should really help with recruiting and development.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Our program is definitely on an upward trend with a roster full of 2-star kids. But let's not kid ourselves and pretend that we don't want a team full of 3 and 4 star guys that also still fit Bohl's Wyoming profile. This facility upgrade (and continued winning) will help us achieve that.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

cali2wyo wrote:Our program is definitely on an upward trend with a roster full of 2-star kids. But let's not kid ourselves and pretend that we don't want a team full of 3 and 4 star guys that also still fit Bohl's Wyoming profile. This facility upgrade (and continued winning) will help us achieve that.
I'd agree with a previous post that says the accuracy of 2 star and 3 star recruits is probably pretty low. Just look at us. How many of our three star guys have done anything? Very few. If a guy is 4 star, it's safe to assume he's probably pretty good. If we're looking at most mountain west teams, I'd say it's probably really difficult to rank their recruiting classes. Is someone's class better because they had 4 more 3 star guys? I wouldn't bet on it

W-Y, Until I Die!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:28 pm
cali2wyo wrote:Our program is definitely on an upward trend with a roster full of 2-star kids. But let's not kid ourselves and pretend that we don't want a team full of 3 and 4 star guys that also still fit Bohl's Wyoming profile. This facility upgrade (and continued winning) will help us achieve that.
I'd agree with a previous post that says the accuracy of 2 star and 3 star recruits is probably pretty low. Just look at us. How many of our three star guys have done anything? Very few. If a guy is 4 star, it's safe to assume he's probably pretty good. If we're looking at most mountain west teams, I'd say it's probably really difficult to rank their recruiting classes. Is someone's class better because they had 4 more 3 star guys? I wouldn't bet on it

This. Recruiting rankings matter at the higher levels where those doing the rankings have seen all of the players and researched the individual prospects. The rankings for most players we recruit is arbitrary (for example, a player goes from 2 star to 3 star when decommitting from Wyoming to commit to Nebraska. They didn't play during that period or do anything to cause a change in ranking other than switch commitments).

I do think it is worth paying attention to who else we are competing against for recruits and we still don't quite pass the test in that regard. There will always be players that outperform their recruitment (Allen, Hill, Granderson, etc.), but on the whole if we continue to mostly beat out FCS teams we will have a difficult time being a consistent contender in the MWC.

We will never consistently beat out P5 schools, but if we start to more consistently beat MWC/MAC/etc. type schools I like Bohl's chances of building a very good long term program. Our recruiting is definitely heading in the right direction.