(Very) Early Pre-Season Top 25 Rankings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/821402301940240390 25. Wyoming

Head coach Craig Bohl has Wyoming on the right path, taking the Cowboys to the Mountain West Championship game and an 8-6 record in his third season, and uncovering a future NFL quarterback in Josh Allen. Allen was a little inconsistent, but made a lot of big plays and finished 2016 with an 81.4 overall grade. The Cowboys 2017 fortunes are directly tied to Allen; if he returns to Laramie the Cowboys have a great chance of recording back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in the 21st century, and will be legitimate contenders for the Group of Five New Year’s Six bowl berth. If he goes to the NFL, then not so much.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/colleg ... mpaign=nfl
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/GridironNow/status/ ... 1577852929 25. Wyoming

This season: 8-6, lost to BYU in Poinsettia Bowl.
The skinny: Get ready to hear a lot – a lot – in the fall about QB Josh Allen, a 6-5, 229-pound big-armed junior-to-be. The Cowboys figure to be solid on defense, and if coach Craig Bohl can find a running back, Wyoming will win 10.

http://gridironnow.com/2017-top-25-coll ... -rankings/
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Damn predicting Wyoming winning 10... Thats rarified air for this program... That would be awesome
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think we've got a great shot at 8 wins. Maybe more? Anything more for me would be awesome.

We're losing a lot on offense, but I think with what we've got coming back and with players getting better we'll be contenders again.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

POKE FAN wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 pm The Cowboys figure to be solid on defense, and if coach Craig Bohl can find a running back, Wyoming will win 10.

I like this guy's optimism but question whether he watched Wyoming this year. Running Back is not the concern as an average running back will get yards in the system...the defense has certainly not proved that it will be solid.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:11 pm Damn predicting Wyoming winning 10... Thats rarified air for this program... That would be awesome
I believe that the last time we accomplished this we also had an outstanding JUCO transfer QB in his second year leading the Wyoming offense.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Crank up the hype machine!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:03 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:11 pm Damn predicting Wyoming winning 10... Thats rarified air for this program... That would be awesome
I believe that the last time we accomplished this we also had an outstanding JUCO transfer QB in his second year leading the Wyoming offense.
Was that Wallwork?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

J-Rod wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:55 pm Crank up the hype machine!
Ya, so between you and I (please nobody else read this)...

When do you think UW will start the campaign for Josh? :eek:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:58 pm
Was that Wallwork?
Yes. A lot of similarities between the two gunslingers. Wallwork did not have the physical tools of Allen but was a bit better of a decision maker IMO.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:21 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:58 pm
Was that Wallwork?
Yes. A lot of similarities between the two gunslingers. Wallwork did not have the physical tools of Allen but was a bit better of a decision maker IMO.
I remember thinking that Wallwork was a beast. I don't remember him being as mobile but damn did he have a cannon!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:13 pm Ya, so between you and I (please nobody else read this)...

When do you think UW will start the campaign for Josh? :eek:
There is no guarantee Josh comes back in fall 2018...soooo...has to be this year, right? Hey, if Utah State can start one for Charles Keeton, UW can start one for Josh. :D :lol:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I hope this doesn't go to their heads too much and we lay an egg.....I can't wait to make the trek to Iowa City over Labor Day to see us (hopefully) take it to the Hawkeyes!!! I'm still saying 8-4 again with one of those wins over Oregon at home
coachweidner
Buckaroo

I have a feeling that Coach Bohl won't let this go to their heads. He's too good of a coach to allow that to happen. I'm also thinking that I'm going to have to take a trip to Iowa City to catch the Pokes, they don't get to my neck of the woods very often so got to take advantage, only about 8 hours away.
scrapperdan
Buckaroo

coachweidner wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:17 pm I have a feeling that Coach Bohl won't let this go to their heads. He's too good of a coach to allow that to happen. I'm also thinking that I'm going to have to take a trip to Iowa City to catch the Pokes, they don't get to my neck of the woods very often so got to take advantage, only about 8 hours away.
Probably need to temper our enthusiasm some as we went 1-4 down the stretch with two of those losses squarely on the shoulder of the offense. This staff and team seem to represent our school well and deserve the benefit of the doubt however, entirely possible we go 6-6 lose our QB to the NFL and end up "rebuilding" the offense again just 1 short year from now. Call me embittered from two decades of mediocrity.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

scrapperdan wrote:
coachweidner wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:17 pm I have a feeling that Coach Bohl won't let this go to their heads. He's too good of a coach to allow that to happen. I'm also thinking that I'm going to have to take a trip to Iowa City to catch the Pokes, they don't get to my neck of the woods very often so got to take advantage, only about 8 hours away.
Probably need to temper our enthusiasm some as we went 1-4 down the stretch with two of those losses squarely on the shoulder of the offense. This staff and team seem to represent our school well and deserve the benefit of the doubt however, entirely possible we go 6-6 lose our QB to the NFL and end up "rebuilding" the offense again just 1 short year from now. Call me embittered from two decades of mediocrity.
This. Last season's predictions were doom and gloom because we had all the teams we haven't been able to beat at home. Surprise! Exceed expectations. We always follow up an exceeded expectations with taking a dump. I have a feeling things are finally turning around but you're not going to see me ever predict 8 wins on any season. With the schedule, I hope we at least go 7-5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!