Defensive End Gavin Dunayski Verbally Commits

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That is a large human being.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

I am hoping that i'm not just looking through brown and gold glasses...but, we are getting some big time potential into the program. With the developmental coaching staff we have, I am more excited on the trajectory of this program than i have been since i first started attending the UW!!!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

DVDA
A Real Cowboy

That picture makes him look like a chode, but his hudl highlights aren't bad at all. He has some quickness for a 6'6" high school kid and engages with his hands instead of his body. I really like the way Bohl's staff has been recruiting the past few years. The defensive line is really going to be solid over the next few years.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Makes me wonder if the NE flipper was going to play defense.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Welcome! and congrats. I think he might be better suited for DT than DE, but who the heck knows
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

And I was thinking he might be suited more for tight end than defensive tackle or defensive end.

:D
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Cowboy Junky wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 am And I was thinking he might be suited more for tight end than defensive tackle or defensive end.

I don't see the foot speed necessary for TE or DE.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

This young man appears to have the physical tools to be really good. He has a huge frame and a frame suited to blow up. I like this commitment. Bohl and Co. are on to something and the future is going to be bright.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:18 am
Cowboy Junky wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 am And I was thinking he might be suited more for tight end than defensive tackle or defensive end.

I think I would sacrifice the foot speed at tight end. I would rather have a guy that can block, with very good athleticism and a big frame.

It's hard to cover 6'6" and built like a brick poop house, especially since he has some moves.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Cowboy Junky wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:05 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:18 am

I think I would sacrifice the foot speed at tight end. I would rather have a guy that can block, with very good athleticism and a big frame.

It's hard to cover 6'6" and built like a brick poop house, especially since he has some moves.
The reason I say that he might not be fast enough for DE is we've seen Bohl play TINY guys at DE just because they are fast. Bohl really seems to place a lot of importance on speed at the DE position. Prosser, Windsor, Josiah Hall, Lolohea and Granderson are all legitimately fast guys. I bet they can all run at least 4.6 or 4.7 40s.

Maybe Dunayski is faster than I think, he probably is. And I'm not a coach and know nothing. so there's that, too.

Him at TE is intriguing, though. I agree. It would be like having another tackle out there that's really mobile.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:46 pm Him at TE is intriguing, though. I agree. It would be like having another tackle out there that's really mobile.
A great TE blocker can definitely be the difference between a 3 yard and a 15 yard gain when running to the outside.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

He could be a rushing down DE. You see pros do that a lot. Go lighter and faster on passing situations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I think he'll end up at defensive end. Guys that big, with footwork like his, excel at defensive end. He has long arms and knocks balls down. He gets off his run blocks well. He looks like he has the athleticism to be a menace at defensive end.

I'm just saying, he has the talent to play tight end if the coaches needed him to.

I still think he'll end up on the defensive line.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Member of the 2009 Saints Super Bowl Championship team:
https://twitter.com/RegJones20/status/8 ... 7757838336
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cowboy Junky wrote:I think he'll end up at defensive end. Guys that big, with footwork like his, excel at defensive end. He has long arms and knocks balls down. He gets off his run blocks well. He looks like he has the athleticism to be a menace at defensive end.

I'm just saying, he has the talent to play tight end if the coaches needed him to.

Would love to see him opposite of Granderson, talk about something no quarterback wants look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:02 am
Cowboy Junky wrote:I think he'll end up at defensive end. Guys that big, with footwork like his, excel at defensive end. He has long arms and knocks balls down. He gets off his run blocks well. He looks like he has the athleticism to be a menace at defensive end.

Would love to see him opposite of Granderson, talk about something no quarterback wants look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I actually would really like to see Prosser explode like Granderson did last season and have two jacked up edge rushers with great quickness.