2017 recruiting is on the precipice of greatness.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I just got done watching the HUDL highlights of the entire class together. We've got some guys that can be difference makers right away. There's talent in our recruiting class and lots of it.

I've thought Bohl has done a great job recruiting each season he's been here, but I can't remember a class that is as deep, talented, athletic, big, strong, or as fast as the one he has lined up this year. They've done an excellent job of addressing the teams need areas.

There's speed to burn.

The size and physicality of the line positions is evident already. These kids are big when they get here, and don't require as much weight room work as the dough boys we've brought in during the DC tenure. They're still going to get more weight room work then they got before, with a great strength and conditioning coach. Now they're getting bigger and stronger then they ever did before, and they're starting at a higher weight when they arrive. The future of Wyoming's line positions is indeed VERY bright.

2017 is the class that finally addressed and corrected the depth in our front seven. It will take some time to develop that depth, but Wyoming will have a capable, deep front seven from here on out. The new coaching by Hazelton won't hurt either.

We'll see how this class ends, if we can avoid the poach of bigger schools that may come in late. We'll see if we can finish it off by adding a few more key pieces.

I would like to see a tight end game changer make it to Laramie. The system is built for a great tight end and all the pieces are already there for one to have massive success in Laramie, similar to what Jay Novacek did during his time here and afterwards in the NFL.

Right now though, it looks like this might be Craig Bohl's best recruiting class as a head coach.

What do you think Wyoming fans? What other positions would you like to see us land as we finish strong with 2017 recruiting?
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I'm impressed with the both lines as well. Love that there's size. Seems like the Illinois and sactown kids can really ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:36 am I just got done watching the HUDL highlights of the entire class together.
Holy poop you have a lot of free time...

LOL, just kidding. I agree, we've got some big, mean boys coming through the program now
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Don't take this as support for DC, as most know I can't stand that mother f'er, but it's a bit unfair calling the players he brought in as dough boys. A lot of these guys were tough sob's that worked their asses off. They were just often under-sized, slower or not as talented as who they faced most weekends.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Yeah, the dough boy comment was more about the quality of the line over all as opposed to anyone specific. We had terrible lines during DC's tenure. There's no way around that. There were some good individuals, but overall it was one of the weakest positions on the team.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
scrapperdan
Buckaroo

We have had a questionable front 7 for all but a couple of the last 18? years. That is not a referendum on the hard working gutsy guys who have played the position (Hoffschneider) but simply pointing to horrendous recruiting (part of which is truly a Laramie problem). I have a huge softspot for undersized LBs and DLs who have played for us but we have got to be able to plug gaps AND hold the line.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

we shall see, this will be Coach Bohl's true test here after a year that wasn't even expected. I can't wait to make the trek to Iowa City 1st game of year to really see where we are gonna stand in 17.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I just want back to back solid years. Or maybe three straight winning seasons. I hope the program has turned around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!