Pick one guy, who's going to be all MWC before they leave Laramie?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

For me, it's Patrick Arnold. I think he's going to dominate the MWC.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's our starting center next year.

There are at least a dozen other guys that I think have all MWC potential.

Patrick Arnold is my choice. There are so many others I'm excited about, but I think Patrick hits the all-conference list before any other 2017 recruit.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

That safety from Colorado, I forget his name
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

My feeling exactly. Whomever fills chase's spot. Not sure how the coaches are going to deal with that spot. Whether they rotate a vet over and fill a guard spot, or just put in somebody like Arnold at center. That's what makes Arnold so attractive is his ability and mobility to play either.

There is a slight chance he could chase the Iron Man trophy for Wyoming. What I want is for him to play center. I think he is perfect for the role, and could end up getting an NFL look from there. The thing that really pops out to me is his pad level and leverage power. If he keeps that fundamental and increase his leg and core power... Look out! His blocking style is old school. It's rare to see these days
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

I think Scott might hit it also. I think he will see some time as a freshman. Going to be picking up some rockets in the back of the endzone this year.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I am super high on Weinman. I think this kid is legit and has the potential to be a monster going forward. I think he is a perfect TE for Bohl's system and think he will flourish here. Big things in his future.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

It depends on if he plays early...but Trey Woods with that size could be an impact guy at olb.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Intriguing. His tape sure did look good. I didn't know that Velazquez picked up football later. He could be a monster for us.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I'm a big fan of Tim Zalesky as well. He will get stronger. With his length he has a chance to absolutely hammer the ball at altitude. He even has the wheels to scramble a bit and avoid a blocked punt.

I love it when we have a good punter.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I like Alonzo, his tape is different from Arnold's by where the strength is located. Alonzo looks like he possesses great upper body strength, Arnold looks like his lower body is dominant.

Alonzo motors till the end of the play, whereas Patrick bursts, then usually has to look after.

Love them both, but Zo is behind two pretty damn good players, there is a spot for Arnold now.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Arnold is a wrestler and really understands body position. I really like it when football players wrestle in high school.

Velazquez is freaking huge and very nimble for his size and has really long arms.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:21 pm I am super high on Weinman. I think this kid is legit and has the potential to be a monster going forward. I think he is a perfect TE for Bohl's system and think he will flourish here. Big things in his future.
I'm with you here. 6'7" and 235 out of high school, and from his tape looks like he can move too. This guy will create matchup nightmares.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

GoPokes86 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:25 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:21 pm I am super high on Weinman. I think this kid is legit and has the potential to be a monster going forward. I think he is a perfect TE for Bohl's system and think he will flourish here. Big things in his future.
I'm with you here. 6'7" and 235 out of high school, and from his tape looks like he can move too. This guy will create matchup nightmares.
I don't know how you cover a guy like this. Most LBs won't be able to keep up with him and most DBs won't be able to out-battle him. He looks like a great get, a real under the radar kinda guy. Bohl and Co. are no joke and know how to find diamonds in the rough!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:46 pm
I don't know how you cover a guy like this. Most LBs won't be able to keep up with him and most DBs won't be able to out-battle him. He looks like a great get, a real under the radar kinda guy. Bohl and Co. are no joke and know how to find diamonds in the rough!
I love the new TE's size, but he didn't seem all that fast to me. Moves incredibly well for his size, but I don't think he'll be pulling away from linebackers. Maybe I need another look at his film.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:50 pm
I love the new TE's size, but he didn't seem all that fast to me. Moves incredibly well for his size, but I don't think he'll be pulling away from linebackers. Maybe I need another look at his film.
It's tough to gauge as you never know the level of competition but in his videos he pulls away from a lot defensive backs who should be faster than him. Either way, I like what I see. He looks shifty too and makes tacklers miss.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 pm I'm a big fan of Tim Zalesky as well. He will get stronger. With his length he has a chance to absolutely hammer the ball at altitude. He even has the wheels to scramble a bit and avoid a blocked punt.

I love it when we have a good punter.

Can you say "watch out for fake punts"? He has the size, the speed, and the athletic ability to do many different options and keep the opponents guessing.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:54 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:50 pm
It's tough to gauge as you never know the level of competition but in his videos he pulls away from a lot defensive backs who should be faster than him. Either way, I like what I see. He looks shifty too and makes tacklers miss.
He played at a level with schools the size of 2A schools in Wyoming. I'm not saying he won't be successful, but he shouldn't be considered a "burner" based off his highlight tape. His size will be a great asset in the passing game and blocking schemes. I'm excited to see him develop.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 pm Arnold is a wrestler and really understands body position. I really like it when football players wrestle in high school.

Velazquez is freaking huge and very nimble for his size and has really long arms.
I mean, I know he's kind of an exception because of his weird size, but Hoffschneider sure took advantage of his wrestling skills to be efficient at NT despite being short.

Hope Arnold's in the same mold technique-wise.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I see a guy who has a long way to go before he becomes a tightend. His highlights are mostly him at receiver. His blocking looks pretty bad, especially for a guy his size against competition equivalent to some of the lowest levels of Wyoming high school football. His quickness is ok and his speed is ok. It's going to be hard to get playing time until he learns how to block on the line of scrimmage against 250+ pound guys. On the positive side, his hands look good which is something you can't teach. He'll be a complete tightend if he can become a good blocker.

You can't teach size and he has a ton of it. His work ethic will determine how successful he is. Getting to a solid 250+ and learning to block at the line of scrimmage as well as the second level will lead to this kid being successful. I expect him to redshirt next year. His ceiling is quite high, but I think his floor is quite low as well. I believe Coach Bohl and his staff do an excellent job of putting these kids in an environment to be successful so hopefully this kid realizes his potential.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I've been way out of the loop lately as far as signings and such. I basically have to reintroduce myself to this class.

The tackle that Allen Trieu mentioned in that video looked pretty good. I'm intrigued by the WR Scott. I think he could possibly come in and compete for playing time as a freshman opposite CJ. I think the CB Coldon has a lot of potential too.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo