Pick one guy, who's going to be all MWC before they leave Laramie?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

DVDA wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:58 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:21 pm I am super high on Weinman. I think this kid is legit and has the potential to be a monster going forward. I think he is a perfect TE for Bohl's system and think he will flourish here. Big things in his future.
I see a guy who has a long way to go before he becomes a tightend. His highlights are mostly him at receiver. His blocking looks pretty bad, especially for a guy his size against competition equivalent to some of the lowest levels of Wyoming high school football. His quickness is ok and his speed is ok. It's going to be hard to get playing time until he learns how to block on the line of scrimmage against 250+ pound guys. On the positive side, his hands look good which is something you can't teach. He'll be a complete tightend if he can become a good blocker.

You can't teach size and he has a ton of it. His work ethic will determine how successful he is. Getting to a solid 250+ and learning to block at the line of scrimmage as well as the second level will lead to this kid being successful. I expect him to redshirt next year. His ceiling is quite high, but I think his floor is quite low as well. I believe Coach Bohl and his staff do an excellent job of putting these kids in an environment to be successful so hopefully this kid realizes his potential.
Completely agree with this. He looks like he could be very good but he has a ways to go before he gets there. I don't anticipate him being a contributor right away but in a couple years he could end up being a beast. Depends on the work he wants to put in.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Being in a small school (lower conference class) doesn't mean he doesn't have the talent or physical tools to be good at the D-1 level, but I believe he will have a steeper hill to climb to get to the level of play that is demanded at this level.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WYCowboy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:21 am Being in a small school (lower conference class) doesn't mean he doesn't have the talent or physical tools to be good at the D-1 level, but I believe he will have a steeper hill to climb to get to the level of play that is demanded at this level.
I agree. That's one of the inefficiencies that Bohl exploits in the recruiting process.

I think he's just what he is at this point. A promising prospect. Just like everyone else we welcomed into the program. It's up to the individuals to put in the time and work.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

WYCowboy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:21 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 pm I'm a big fan of Tim Zalesky as well. He will get stronger. With his length he has a chance to absolutely hammer the ball at altitude. He even has the wheels to scramble a bit and avoid a blocked punt.

I love it when we have a good punter.

Can you say "watch out for fake punts"? He has the size, the speed, and the athletic ability to do many different options and keep the opponents guessing.
Yeah, I'm really hoping he'll fulfill his potential and soon. We're going to miss Ethan Wood's consistency and his ability to land punts deep inside enemy territory.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.