Super Bowl Sunday - what's on the menu?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I hope you all get to see a good game and eat some good food surrounded by good people.

About the food part, I was thinking it might be a fun idea to post some of our favorite Super Bowl or tailgating recipes. My wife was making the comment this year that we should think about changing up our own menu, I'm hoping you guys can provide some inspiration!

Here's an awesome hot artichoke dip...

1 cup parmesan cheese
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder
1 14oz can/jar of artichoke hearts

Preheat oven to 350. Coat 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Drain and chop artichoke hearts, mix with other ingredients and put into dish. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. Best served with French or sourdough bread, or crackers.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

cali2wyo wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:29 am .... eat some good food surrounded by good people.
No, No, No. It's good beer and lots of it. Then it doesn't matter if the people who surround you are good.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I've had a brisket going on the smoker since about 8:00 this morning. I'll cheat and finish it in the oven to speed things up a bit though. Smells absolutely amazing.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

1. Orange marmalade chicken wings
2. Beer battered fried macaroni bites
3. Corn jalapeno dip
4. Stuffed mushrooms

The only thing I have made before is the wings... And I know they are good. The corn dip is in the slow cooker now, I'm pretty sure its going to be good. Haven't started the other two.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Stuffed jalapeños and buffalo chicken dip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:06 pm 1. Orange marmalade chicken wings
2. Beer battered fried macaroni bites
3. Corn jalapeno dip
4. Stuffed mushrooms

The only thing I have made before is the wings... And I know they are good. The corn dip is in the slow cooker now, I'm pretty sure its going to be good. Haven't started the other two.
Talk to me about these. How did you get he Mac and Cheese to stay together? I have tried to make Mac and Cheese bites a few times and can never get them to cooperate....
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Seven layer dip
Shredded beef
Bacon wrapped little smokies
Beer.
ImageImageImageImage
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:18 am Seven layer dip
Shredded beef
Beer.

Did you cook those bacon wrapped smokies in the oven? They sound really good.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

WYCowboy wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:46 am
MrTitleist wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:18 am Seven layer dip
Shredded beef
Beer.

Did you cook those bacon wrapped smokies in the oven? They sound really good.
They were originally supposed to be bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers.. that being, a cut in half jalapeno, gutted, cream cheese, little smokey, wrapped in bacon.. unfortunately, that didn't happen so I audibled to bacon wrapped smokies.. put them in the oven at 425 for 30 mins. Crisp up good that way.
ImageImageImageImage
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

So the fried macaroni, I make the beer cheese separately. Then u add to the noodles, and spread out on cookie pan to cool. Kinda like day old rice, the starch makes things sticky. The recipe says to use an ice cream scoop to portion... Whatever... use whatever u like, but I find that squares tend to hold the batter better. After battering, it's important to to let the batter set, so move the bites to the fridge for 20 minutes.

Then fry.

On a side note, ours didn't make the cut the past weekend, I was incorporating the beer into the cheese, and accidentally doubled the amount of beer, I misread the recipe. Let's just say the cheese was way to bitter.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

carbonpoke wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:14 pmOn a side note, ours didn't make the cut the past weekend, I was incorporating the beer into the cheese, and accidentally doubled the amount of beer, I misread the recipe. Let's just say the cheese was way to bitter.
Was that because of tailgating too hard?
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Next time you cook the bacon wrapped smokies, sprinkle some brown sugar on them before they go in the oven. The result is nothing short of amazing.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:14 pm So the fried macaroni, I make the beer cheese separately. Then u add to the noodles, and spread out on cookie pan to cool. Kinda like day old rice, the starch makes things sticky. The recipe says to use an ice cream scoop to portion... Whatever... use whatever u like, but I find that squares tend to hold the batter better. After battering, it's important to to let the batter set, so move the bites to the fridge for 20 minutes.

Then fry.

On a side note, ours didn't make the cut the past weekend, I was incorporating the beer into the cheese, and accidentally doubled the amount of beer, I misread the recipe. Let's just say the cheese was way to bitter.
Thanks for the information. I'll have to give these another shot!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

CowboyNV wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:25 am Next time you cook the bacon wrapped smokies, sprinkle some brown sugar on them before they go in the oven. The result is nothing short of amazing.
These were like eating crack as it was. I'll try that next time.
ImageImageImageImage