Brian Hill Mock draft

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

The fact that he got invited to the NFL combine is exciting, same with Chase. I wish Brian could have stayed and played with Josh Allen again, but family needs first. Despite the critics his 40 time will probably be under a microscope in the combine. If he can pull off anything in the 4.6 range his stock should rise. Good luck to both cowboys.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

It's a bummer holister didn't get an invite. The guy was huge for us at tight end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:17 pm It's a bummer holister didn't get an invite. The guy was huge for us at tight end

Hollister really was impressive . I really loved the way he was utilized last season and his blocking was understated.I wish he was utilized more as a jr.although it was obvious that the offensive play calling was so much better last season. I mean Bohl's first year the play calls were basic and totally predictable. I'm sure having a quarterback the caliber of Allen was a major factor in the schemes. Could probably see Gentry in the combine, but there is just so damn many receivers now days. Really looking forward to watching Chase do his thing too.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

mwc fan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:13 pm
pokefanchaz7 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:17 pm It's a bummer holister didn't get an invite. The guy was huge for us at tight end

Hollister really was impressive . I really loved the way he was utilized last season and his blocking was understated.I wish he was utilized more as a jr.although it was obvious that the offensive play calling was so much better last season. I mean Bohl's first year the play calls were basic and totally predictable. I'm sure having a quarterback the caliber of Allen was a major factor in the schemes. Could probably see Gentry in the combine, but there is just so damn many receivers now days. Really looking forward to watching Chase do his thing too.
Hollister was really good. Apparently he was close to getting a combine invite.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Too bad this team doesn't have anyone who knows about Wyoming football :lol:
https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/statu ... 0006881283 I would LOVE that fit!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Emerging from the combine, the consensus seems to be that Brian locked up a day two selection (2nd/3rd round). I think his floor is the 4th, ceiling is mid-2nd, barring something bad happening between now and late April.

Anywhere from the 2nd-4th is awesome, but really I just want a solid situation for him. I'd rather see him go in the 4th round to Oakland and play behind the league's 2nd best OL than him go in the 2nd round and play for someone awful like the Jets.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:36 pm Emerging from the combine, the consensus seems to be that Brian locked up a day two selection (2nd/3rd round). I think his floor is the 4th, ceiling is mid-2nd, barring something bad happening between now and late April.

Anywhere from the 2nd-4th is awesome, but really I just want a solid situation for him. I'd rather see him go in the 4th round to Oakland and play behind the league's 2nd best OL than him go in the 2nd round and play for someone awful like the Jets.
There isn't that big a difference in money once you get out of the first round. I really hope he goes somewhere that allows him to shine and get to his second contract healthy with great numbers. I quit following the NFL a few years ago, but I hope he ends up behind a great line or in a zone blocking scheme because he would be deadly with his vision, patience, and power. A good quarterback would also be nice.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:36 pm Emerging from the combine, the consensus seems to be that Brian locked up a day two selection (2nd/3rd round). I think his floor is the 4th, ceiling is mid-2nd, barring something bad happening between now and late April.

I still have a hard time seeing second round, but maybe I'll be surprised. I've always thought 3rd/4th through the process, and his combine performance didn't really change anything because I expected him to do well.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:55 pm I still have a hard time seeing second round, but maybe I'll be surprised. I've always thought 3rd/4th through the process, and his combine performance didn't really change anything because I expected him to do well.
I tend to agree with you. Projections for Brian are all over the map. I'm expecting to see late day 2/early day 3.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

CodyPoke wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:28 pm Maybe the Raiders
http://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2017/03 ... rian-hill/
Barf. Lets hope not.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:37 pm
Barf. Lets hope not.
Brian would extract souls behind that OL. Oakland is the best situation for him (of teams that would realistically take him).
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:59 pm
Barf. Lets hope not.
Brian would extract souls behind that OL. Oakland is the best situation for him (of teams that would realistically take him).
Thats why I said barf. He would kick ass on Oakland which in turn means I would have to root for Oakland.... BARF. Its like rooting for BYU
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:02 pm
J-Rod wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:59 pm
Barf. Lets hope not.
Thats why I said barf. He would kick ass on Oakland which in turn means I would have to root for Oakland.... BARF. Its like rooting for BYU
So long as its not the Pats or Seahawks, I'm pretty open on where he goes. So him becoming a Raider, AND having a quality o-line to block upfront, works for me.

He will break the wills of so many defenses.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

I would love to see Brian play for the Patriots or the Seahawks.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:39 pm I would love to see Brian play for the Patriots or the Seahawks.
Bryan Hill would be a beast with Belichick. He finds ways to extract every drop of potential from his players. It would so badass seeing Hill get himself a ring sooner rather than later.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I'd love to see B Hill in a Pats uniform! At least we know he'd be a winner.

It would be a very Pats thing to do to let LeGarette walk and get great production from a rookie like Hill.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:44 pm I'd love to see B Hill in a Pats uniform! At least we know he'd be a winner.

It would be a very Pats thing to do to let LeGarette walk and get great production from a rookie like Hill.
My exact thoughts. Hill would be a great fill in for someone like Blount