Thoughts on Super Bowl LI?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

It was one for the ages regardless of you who wanted to win!

Never ever count out Brady! He's this generation's Joe Montana!!!!!!

Atlanta had the most colossal choke in sports history. Up 25 points with a quarter and a half to go against Belichick and the Patriots and the Falcons blew it!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Rigged Superbore, it's like you could see the Patriots winning when it didn't look like there was even a slight chance.

That was an NFL media gold mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I like Brady
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Loved it in fact it was on NFL Network last night compressed and I watched it again, NOPE no rig there, ATL melted and you can see it after that Sack of Ryan and then the NE steamroller kicked it high gear, good to watch again, and Brady's amongst the best ever, but I'll never say there's a "best" due to an era thing with me. GOOD game overall, especially watching all the Bronco fans I was with melt at the end LOL
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

The biggest issue I saw with Atlanta was the same issue I saw with Wyoming under Christensen. It's all well and good that you can score quickly, but their defense was absolutely gassed by the fourth quarter because they were on the field twice as long as the offense.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:49 am The biggest issue I saw with Atlanta was the same issue I saw with Wyoming under Christensen. It's all well and good that you can score quickly, but their defense was absolutely gassed by the fourth quarter because they were on the field twice as long as the offense.

Bingo! That was the reason Atlanta lost.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

The reason they lost was because after Julio made that great catch along the sideline they had 1st and 10 fro mthe twenty wit h4 minutes left, they then chose to try to throw the ball instead of running the ball three times and force NE to take timeouts or run the clock down. Worst case, clock is down a lot more than it ended up being and you have a chipshot FG attempt to go up 11. But instead they have a sack and holding call and are knocked out of FG range.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

TSpoke wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:59 am The reason they lost was because after Julio made that great catch along the sideline they had 1st and 10 fro mthe twenty wit h4 minutes left, they then chose to try to throw the ball instead of running the ball three times and force NE to take timeouts or run the clock down. Worst case, clock is down a lot more than it ended up being and you have a chipshot FG attempt to go up 11. But instead they have a sack and holding call and are knocked out of FG range.
I think there were a lot of moments like that, though. What about the stripped ball on their own 20? Obviously blitzi situation, yet Ryan drops back and gets blindsided as there's a missed block. If they run the ball and punt instead it's a likely additional 3-4 minutes off the clock - both because of clock running off before the punt, and because Pats have to go an additional 40-60 yards before they score.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:49 am The biggest issue I saw with Atlanta was the same issue I saw with Wyoming under Christensen. It's all well and good that you can score quickly, but their defense was absolutely gassed by the fourth quarter because they were on the field twice as long as the offense.
They were done halfway through the 3rd quarter.. that defense was done then. The 4th quarter was just a flat out steam roll. Atlanta's DL wasn't even firing off the ball at that point.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

They were still given a TD when he was clearly down. There is always controversy surrounding the Patriots because they always get away with random poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I wouldn't call that "clearly down", at least based on the photo you provided. You can't see the point of the ball so there is no certainty whether it broke the plane or not. Based solely on that picture, I would say whatever the call on the field was, it should stand. Now if call on the field was down and they overturned, I would disagree with that.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

The holding that put the falcons out of fg range had a face mask on the wr that wasn't called. At the very least, they get another play. Not to mention the 3 defensive holding calls on 3rd downs on the drive that started the comeback. 2 were questionable at best. I've watched Seattle play D and falcons did no more than what Seattle does on every play. Every 50/50 call went to pats like usual. They key was mr mvp decided that taking sacks at key moments was better than throwing it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!