The CST has another writer pushing drop to FCS articles.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I'm thinking about organizing a boycott of the CST. The cheap pricks can't have more than a couple hundred readers anyway and almost all of them are Cowboy fans.

Maybe they should hire somebody with experience at the job they do or retain the guys they have that are talented. I'm done though. I'll never click on or buy their product again.

I'm about to make it my goal to get the rest of their customers to quit giving them money as well.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Cowboy Junky wrote:I'm thinking about organizing a boycott of the CST. The cheap picks can't have more than a couple hundred readers anyway and almost all of them are Cowboy fans.

Maybe the should hire somebody with experience at the job they do or retain the guys they have that are talented. I'm done though. I'll never click on or buy their product again.

I'm about to make it my goal to get the rest of their customers to quit giving them money as well.
I'm with ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Sign me up. Screw these clowns
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

what do we expect with SEC graduates(Mizzou)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

The guy that started this hub-bub (not Brandon this time) was quickly slapped down by Burman on the Tweet machine shortly after.
ImageImageImageImage
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Looks like the actual comment of moving down came from Bubba O'Neill from Evanston. Glad Burman quickly clarified this on twitter though.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 9107d.html
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Incredible. It's like that paper likes to rub crap in the faces of their readers. Especially the sports writers.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Thanks for the heads up. Bubba O'Neill sounds like a mental midget in that article.

For the first time ever, I recently received a call from the WTE begging me to subscribe to their paper. They must be hurting for revenue, huh? If I knew my money was going solely to the sports department, I'd probably subscribe. However, I refuse to give a dime to these newspapers with their politically-looney editorial boards and news staff. I know many others who feel the same way.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

303cowboy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:22 am Looks like the actual comment of moving down came from Bubba O'Neill from Evanston. Glad Burman quickly clarified this on twitter though.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 9107d.html
Bubba? That explains a lot right there. Barf.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Yeah I don't think this has anything to do with the Trib writers. It looked like the sports writer that coveres HS sports was doing a story on the contract for hosting the Championship game at the War and a HS AD/coach or something(Aparently this Bubba guy) said the reason was due to uncertainty about the school football program. That seemed to surprise the trib guys especially Brandon Foster which is why he tweeted about it. Then Burman clarified the situation. I know some on here love to hate on Brandon Foster and the Trib coverage but this isn't a reason too. The only reason it was brought up was because he was shocked someone mentioned it. Turns out it was just an ill informed HS coach.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Ya...I really want to subscribe, and pay to read this garbage!!

Case in point to a different conversation.

I wish the CST a fast death though - and hope they don't suffer.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

It's baffling to be honest. Newspapers tend to strive for neutrality, but this is starting to turn into a full blown agenda.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Board member Bubba O’Neill of Evanston said that the city Laramie was not willing to commit to a four-year bid because of the possibility of Wyoming moving to FCS, formerly Division-IAA. O’Neill clarified in a phone call on Wednesday that the comment was “a joke” and “not meant to be factual.”
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:11 am Board member Bubba O’Neill of Evanston said that the city Laramie was not willing to commit to a four-year bid because of the possibility of Wyoming moving to FCS, formerly Division-IAA. O’Neill clarified in a phone call on Wednesday that the comment was “a joke” and “not meant to be factual.”
Because Bubba is "a joke" and "not meant to be factual"
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyokoke wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:52 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:11 am Board member Bubba O’Neill of Evanston said that the city Laramie was not willing to commit to a four-year bid because of the possibility of Wyoming moving to FCS, formerly Division-IAA. O’Neill clarified in a phone call on Wednesday that the comment was “a joke” and “not meant to be factual.”
Nail on the head. Bubba's a complete tool. Acts as if he's the AD of Utah. Guy's the AD of an athletic program that just dropped a division itself. Huge inferiority complex. I'm pretty sure he's either a BYU* or Utah fan. Never have seen him at any CJC functions...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:44 pm
wyokoke wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:52 pm
Nail on the head. Bubba's a complete tool. Acts as if he's the AD of Utah. Guy's the AD of an athletic program that just dropped a division itself. Huge inferiority complex. I'm pretty sure he's either a BYU* or Utah fan. Never have seen him at any CJC functions...
How do you really feel?
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I have never understood this agenda. A drop to FCS would immediately start the program on a smaller financial path, meaning salaries of those involved with the program would shrink, and our team would be worse for it. That, honestly... is the secret behind this, somebody is jealous over football financials. Behind closed doors there are probably a few professors and a couple of non sports fans... But the connection to Casper star eludes me. The editors/editor may have a close relationship to the nonsense.

If your think it's hard to recruit now, just imagine moving down. Do u think we could ever keep a coach? I sure as hell wouldn't be excited about attending a game.

Some people honestly just get caught up in the need to feel empowered by having a voice. Example: I went with my wife and kid to the Seattle aquarium a few weeks past, the weekend of the inauguration. There was a massive protest downtown easily over 100,000 people marching. At first I thought it was a cool sight to behold, until I got caught in an intersection in my truck... Surrounded by assholes. One guy slammed on the hood of my truck, another chick told me I'm driving a murder machine. WTF???... Really? I just want to see some f-word fish.

Lesson learned, people turn retarded when they group up and want to argue. They feel empowered by trying to change something.

I have a feeling this drop to FCS is fueled by the same hippy-hate poop.
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

1. Brandon Foster was not involved in the story.
2. The high school writer created the stir because he was on twitter making the claims based on the statement from the Evanston rep who now says he was kidding, but before making an issue out of the decision on twitter the high school writer never contacted Burman or anybody at UW to clarify.
3. The reason the paper did the story it did was Burman, hearing about the tweets being posted by the Casper writer, went on twitter himself and said the allegations had no basis, forcing the Casper paper to pursue the true story.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Let's review the CST's recent history of this agenda. They had 4 articles q'd up at the start of the season, when they were convinced another 2-10 season was on the way. They didn't have Brandon Foster write those articles because we were good. He wrote those articles for the start of the season, when everyone was convinced that we would be terrible this year.

They took this last article to print and social media, when it wasn't even a discussion, it was a misunderstanding, a joke by a trustee that needs to pull his head out of his ass. They don't verify sources before they start filling the twitter verse with unfounded rumors that dropping a division is being considered?

The CST is using this issue to generate traffic, while pissing off the people that are regular readers/buyers of their crappy publication.

They're pushing this agenda by starting fires with a series of articles about a subject not even under consideration. They've printed 5 articles about it in less than 6 months, when it isn't even on the table. Why can't they just drop it?

They don't seem to care that over the last 25 years, I probably posted links to a couple of thousand articles of theirs for 100's of people to view each time. I won't post links to the CST ever again. They don't seem to care that I've purchased 1000's of CST Sunday papers, and spent over a decade with a subscription to the CST. I won't do that anymore either. They can get f-word. I'm done with their tabloid.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.