Black 14 to be featured on CBSSports Feb 11

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

watched this weekend.....tbh i this it was a very fair depiction of the events
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Does anyone have a link or something to it? I don't get CBSSN and can't seem to find it
PCB
Ranch Hand

Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

PCB wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:43 pm http://www.uwyo.edu/robertshistory/barrett_black_14.htm

Another view.
Just ugh, if this article is right about Mr. Waterman not informing his clients of the offer of meeting with Coach Eaton with Judge Kerr present as evidenced by the three of the fourteen telling him they were unaware of the offer.

Though still wonder what was actually said at that initial meeting before the game. Well, hopefully it is an event the University can learn from and move onward. I didn't know that the three mentioned above rejoined the team.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

was it worth it or was it a black eye for UW?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

tbh......i think they made byu look worse

hell even the players spent the first half speaking very highly of eaton

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Does anyone know where I can find this online? All I can find is a minute preview
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:11 pm Does anyone know where I can find this online? All I can find is a minute preview
i've been looking all over with no luck yet

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

whyoh wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:24 pm tbh......i think they made byu look worse

hell even the players spent the first half speaking very highly of eaton
hell I'm all for that when BYU looks stupid(ier) lol
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

One has to wonder how great UW football could have continued to have been if the incident had not taken place.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

CheyenneGunslinger wrote:One has to wonder how great UW football could have continued to have been if the incident had not taken place.
To go one further, how would things have shaped up if the coach had backed the players and allowed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:25 pm
CheyenneGunslinger wrote:One has to wonder how great UW football could have continued to have been if the incident had not taken place.
To go one further, how would things have shaped up if the coach had backed the players and allowed it.

Absolutely! Before I read this post I was just wondering what would happen if the same incident occurred today? Things were so different back then I finished college in 1969 at East Tennessee Stated University and protest were breaking out in UCB and many other places across the country. We even had a protest at my university not nearly the magnitude of the ones occurring at UCB, University of Chicago and other places but things were so different in those days. I don't believe the Black 14 incident would have gotten past the coaches office today, just my opinion. Example, I think the coach would allow the players to wear the black arm bans today, again just my opinion.

One thing I would add is that in 1969 one did not question authority period in the South, be it academics, sports or a job. So the way things played out for the Black 14, given the times is not too surprising, sad but not surprising. I also read in an article Eaton said during the last interview he did about the situation which took place in the 80's I believe, he said he would do the same thing again today given the circumstances.

It was just a sad situation for everyone because Eaton ended up being divorced and died in 2007 or 2009 I can't remember which. To quote someone above, "was it all worth it"?
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I recorded it tonight to watch hopefully soon.
I've been very busy getting a new record and book ready for this year.

I even totally missed all the signing day stuff for all teams!

Heard it's a good program though.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

alyssa wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:06 pm I recorded it tonight to watch hopefully soon.
I've been very busy getting a new record and book ready for this year.

I even totally missed all the signing day stuff for all teams!

Heard it's a good program though.
Will you please share it with us? Thanks.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:20 pm
Wyo2dal wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Absolutely! Before I read this post I was just wondering what would happen if the same incident occurred today? Things were so different back then I finished college in 1969 at East Tennessee State University and protest were breaking out in UCB and many other places across the country. We even had a protest at my university not nearly the magnitude of the ones occurring at UCB, University of Chicago and other places but things were so different in those days. I don't believe the Black 14 incident would have gotten past the coaches office today, just my opinion. Example, I think the coach would allow the players to wear the black arm bans today, again just my opinion.

One thing I would add is that in 1969 one did not question authority period in the South, be it academics, sports or a job. So the way things played out for the Black 14, given the times is not too surprising, sad but not surprising. I also read in an article Eaton said during the last interview he did about the situation which took place in the 80's I believe, he said he would do the same thing again today given the circumstances.

It was just a sad situation for everyone because Eaton ended up being divorced and died in 2007 or 2009 I can't remember which. To quote someone above, "was it all worth it"?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

For me, it all boils down to, "...it was BYU*..."

If I'm Coach Eaton, I'm okay with just about anything my players want to do to embarrass BYU* as long as it doesn't embarrass us...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory