Uniform changes??

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Not sure what kids wear UA? All I see these kids wearing is Nike, and they laugh at most everything else. If we want to be pioneers, then go to the Jordan unis. The jumpman brand would be huge for recruiting IMO. Right now, only North Carolina and Michigan use jumpman unis for football.

On a side note, the NFL teams all have to wear Nike. It is a league-wide contract, not team by team. Previously the uniforms were all Reebok.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I still have a Larry Fitzgerald Rebook jersey and I'm ok with it, brands are somewhat important to player performance and I'm liking the Nike look compared to the New Balance brand a few years back
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 am Not sure what kids wear UA? All I see these kids wearing is Nike, and they laugh at most everything else.
i'm sure i've told this story before

my 9 year oldd nephew recently informed us all that the cool kids wear under armour and the kids wearing nike get made fun of

high school kids may still be into nike, but i could see the tide turn in a few years.......personally, i'm not beholden to a particular brand and i could give 2 poop what logo is on our players' shoulderpads
If we want to be pioneers, then go to the Jordan unis. The jumpman brand would be huge for recruiting IMO. Right now, only North Carolina and Michigan use jumpman unis for football.
Nike does own converse......A chuck taylor all star logo would be pretty sweet
On a side note, the NFL teams all have to wear Nike. It is a league-wide contract, not team by team. Previously the uniforms were all Reebok.
yeah, wth happened to reebok......they've all but disappeared
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

personally the logo on the uniform doesn't matter to me, an i don't think it matters THAT much to recruits......as long as it's from a major brand (Nike, UA, Adidas) they're happy

the way to lose recruits is to go with a company that's considered a "discount brand" like russell, starter, new balance (i know that NB isn't really a cheap brand, but they're perceived to be on a lower tier than the big boys)

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

whyoh wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:21 am yeah, wth happened to reebok......they've all but disappeared
They put all of their eggs into the Cross Fit and UFC basket. That's quite literally all they do now. They're super focused on fitness competitions and mixed martial arts.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:34 am
whyoh wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:21 am yeah, wth happened to reebok......they've all but disappeared
They put all of their eggs into the Cross Fit and UFC basket. That's quite literally all they do now. They're super focused on fitness competitions and mixed martial arts.
And NHL...but they're switching to Nike too. Also, does anyone have odds on this switch happening? 50/50? Lower?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:15 pm
McPeachy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:09 pm What would it benefit? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (savings, kick-ins, sponsorship dollars, etc.). As is almost everything with the athletic department, as it probably needs to be. From what I understand, it is football only, and not to hurt anyone's feelings on this, but it is almost common knowledge that Nike could give a poop about UW football. Could that change, certainly, especially if the wins keep coming, in greater quantities, and when you have more Brian Hill & Josh Allen type athletes.
How does that work with a school being UA only for football and Nike for everything else? Is there a contingent if Nike throws a hissy fit and drops basketball? I would love seeing the basketball team in new UA unis and some Currys.

What is the potential payout of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ versus Nike? And no poop Nike doesnt care about UW but why does UA? Are they just trying to get in before we explode (Bohl has on ons this trajectory) onto the national scene?

If I misinterpreted your comments than that is my fault. Thank you for your insight on this matter.
No worries. Sports (all of them) can do their own thing at UW (and most schools). It has been left up to the coaching staff (and AD to some extent) for them all...from Golf to Soccer to Football.

Nike doesn't give UW anything outside of the minimum. UA (from what I am told) is willing to do more than that. Much more.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:06 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:15 pm
McPeachy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:09 pm What would it benefit? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (savings, kick-ins, sponsorship dollars, etc.). As is almost everything with the athletic department, as it probably needs to be. From what I understand, it is football only, and not to hurt anyone's feelings on this, but it is almost common knowledge that Nike could give a poop about UW football. Could that change, certainly, especially if the wins keep coming, in greater quantities, and when you have more Brian Hill & Josh Allen type athletes.
How does that work with a school being UA only for football and Nike for everything else? Is there a contingent if Nike throws a hissy fit and drops basketball? I would love seeing the basketball team in new UA unis and some Currys.

What is the potential payout of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ versus Nike? And no poop Nike doesnt care about UW but why does UA? Are they just trying to get in before we explode (Bohl has on ons this trajectory) onto the national scene?

If I misinterpreted your comments than that is my fault. Thank you for your insight on this matter.
No worries. Sports (all of them) can do their own thing at UW (and most schools). It has been left up to the coaching staff (and AD to some extent) for them all...from Golf to Soccer to Football.

Nike doesn't give UW anything outside of the minimum. UA (from what I am told) is willing to do more than that. Much more.
that's because nike knows that smaller schools will just line up to suck their D just to look like the bigger programs

we should go with the best fiscal option as long as it's a top tier company

LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:16 am
'PokeForLife wrote:Well heck, if wearing UA makes us more like CSU then screw it.
BYU is Nike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well if CSU is UA and BYU is Nike we should go with adidas.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

whyoh wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 am Not sure what kids wear UA? All I see these kids wearing is Nike, and they laugh at most everything else.
i'm sure i've told this story before

my 9 year oldd nephew recently informed us all that the cool kids wear under armour and the kids wearing nike get made fun of

high school kids may still be into nike, but i could see the tide turn in a few years.......personally, i'm not beholden to a particular brand and i could give 2 poop what logo is on our players' shoulderpads
If we want to be pioneers, then go to the Jordan unis. The jumpman brand would be huge for recruiting IMO. Right now, only North Carolina and Michigan use jumpman unis for football.
Nike does own converse......A chuck taylor all star logo would be pretty sweet
yeah, wth happened to reebok......they've all but disappeared
This is exactly how it is here. Buddy's kid is 11 or 12. Nothing but UA and no one wears Nike.

W-Y, Until I Die!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:02 am We need to just stick with Nike. UA is a flash in the pan. It's the "Starter" of the 21st century
Sorry, but if you truly think that then you need to catch up with the times. Underarmor may not be to the realm of Nike yet, but they are firmly in 2nd and gaining on Nike. If anyone has a chance to dethrone Jordan and Company, it is UA.
This statement is wrong. UA is far behind both adidas and Nike in growth

wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:We discussed this before, but UA is what the kids are wearing. Maybe Wyoming fits their branding. There's nothing to say UA can't put together a two uniform classic look for our football team.

If you want to be viewed as a champion wear Nike?? That's ridiculous. Start winning.

It is what children are wearing. Elementary kids. Off the field. College athletes are in Nike and Jordan brand apparel period. Not UA

wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

wiley wapiti wrote:Sorry so long...I wouldn't say ALL the top teams wear Nike, but a lot do....

American
Central Florida – Nike
Cincinnati – Under Armour
Connecticut – Nike
East Carolina – Nike
Houston – Nike
Memphis – Nike
Navy – Under Armour
South Florida – Under Armour
SMU – Nike
Temple – Under Armour
Tulane – Nike
Tulsa – Nike

ACC
Boston College – Under Armour
Clemson – Nike
Duke – Nike
Florida State – Nike
Georgia Tech – Russell Athletic
Louisville – Adidas
Miami – Adidas
North Carolina – Nike
N.C. State – Adidas
Pittsburgh – Nike
Syracuse – Nike
Virginia – Nike
Virginia Tech – Nike
Wake Forest – Nike

Big Ten
Illinois – Nike
Indiana – Adidas
Iowa – Nike
Maryland – Under Armour
Michigan – Adidas
Michigan State – Nike
Minnesota – Nike
Nebraska – Adidas
Northwestern – Under Armour
Ohio State – Nike
Penn State – Nike
Purdue – Nike
Rutgers – Nike
Wisconsin – Adidas

Big 12
Baylor – Nike
Iowa State – Nike
Kansas – Adidas
Kansas State – Nike
Oklahoma – Nike
Oklahoma State – Nike
Texas – Nike
TCU – Nike
Texas Tech – Under Armour
West Virginia – Nike

Conference USA
Charlotte – Nike
Florida Atlantic – Adidas
Florida International – Adidas
Louisiana Tech – Nike
Marshall – Nike
Middle Tennessee – Nike
North Texas – Nike
Old Dominion – Nike
Rice – Adidas
Southern Miss – Russell Athletic
UTEP – Nike
UTSA – Adidas
Western Kentucky – Russell Athletic

Independents
Army – Nike
BYU – Nike
Notre Dame – Under Armour

MAC
Akron – Adidas
Ball State – Nike
Bowling Green – Adidas Nike
Buffalo – Nike
Central Michigan – Adidas
Eastern Michigan – Adidas
Kent State – Nike
Massachusetts – Adidas
Miami (Ohio) – Adidas
Northern Illinois – Adidas
Ohio – Russell Athletic
Toledo – Under Armour
Western Michigan – Adidas

Mountain West
Air Force – Nike
Boise State – Nike
Colorado State – Under Armour
Fresno State – Nike
Hawaii – Under Armour
Nevada – Nike
New Mexico – Nike
San Diego State – Nike
San Jose State – Nike
UNLV – Nike
Utah State – Nike
Wyoming – Nike

Pac-12
Arizona – Nike
Arizona State – Adidas
California – Nike
Colorado – Nike
Oregon – Nike
Oregon State – Nike
Stanford – Nike
UCLA – Adidas
USC – Nike
Utah – Under Armour
Washington – Nike
Washington State – Nike

SEC
Alabama – Nike
Arkansas – Nike
Auburn – Under Armour
Florida – Nike
Georgia – Nike
Kentucky – Nike
LSU – Nike
Mississippi State – Adidas
Missouri – Nike
Ole Miss – Nike
South Carolina – Under Armour
Tennessee – Nike
Texas A&M – Adidas
Vanderbilt – Nike

Sun Belt
Appalachian State – Nike
Arkansas State – Adidas
Georgia Southern – Adidas
Georgia State – Nike
Idaho – Nike
Louisiana-Lafayette – Adidas
Louisiana-Monroe – Adidas
New Mexico State – Adidas
South Alabama – Nike
Texas State – Adidas
Troy – Adidas
Michigan does not wear adidas. They are a Jordan brand school.

Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

MLB is going UA in 2020.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:40 pm
laxwyo wrote:We discussed this before, but UA is what the kids are wearing. Maybe Wyoming fits their branding. There's nothing to say UA can't put together a two uniform classic look for our football team.

If you want to be viewed as a champion wear Nike?? That's ridiculous. Start winning.

It is what children are wearing. Elementary kids. Off the field. College athletes are in Nike and Jordan brand apparel period. Not UA

Thank you! The talk about what children are wearing in elementary school is completely irrelevant!! If the kids start wearing Fubu in the 5th grade are we going to suggest they design our unis too? Last time I checked ADULTS purchase game tickets and merchandise, and also make up the majority of our viewership. Wyoming should wear what the standard bearers of FBS football wear, and for the foreseeable future that is Nike.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

LaradiseCowboy wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Thank you! The talk about what children are wearing in elementary school is completely irrelevant!! If the kids start wearing Fubu in the 5th grade are we going to suggest they design our unis too? Last time I checked ADULTS purchase game tickets and merchandise, and also make up the majority of our viewership. Wyoming should wear what the standard bearers of FBS football wear, and for the foreseeable future that is Nike.
Wyoming should wear whatever recruits want most. Period.

LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Also, try explaining that to a college athlete. "Oh we got you guys these shoddy UA uniforms because all the kids in the 4th grade are wearing it! UA is also really hot in the small game hunting community."

Get outta here! :lol:
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Exactly, and trust me, they will look to teams like Alabama, Clemson, Oregon, Michigan, etc., to determine what they like.
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:41 pm
wiley wapiti wrote:Sorry so long...I wouldn't say ALL the top teams wear Nike, but a lot do....

American
Central Florida – Nike
Cincinnati – Under Armour
Connecticut – Nike
East Carolina – Nike
Houston – Nike
Memphis – Nike
Navy – Under Armour
South Florida – Under Armour
SMU – Nike
Temple – Under Armour
Tulane – Nike
Tulsa – Nike

ACC
Boston College – Under Armour
Clemson – Nike
Duke – Nike
Florida State – Nike
Georgia Tech – Russell Athletic
Louisville – Adidas
Miami – Adidas
North Carolina – Nike
N.C. State – Adidas
Pittsburgh – Nike
Syracuse – Nike
Virginia – Nike
Virginia Tech – Nike
Wake Forest – Nike

Big Ten
Illinois – Nike
Indiana – Adidas
Iowa – Nike
Maryland – Under Armour
Michigan – Adidas
Michigan State – Nike
Minnesota – Nike
Nebraska – Adidas
Northwestern – Under Armour
Ohio State – Nike
Penn State – Nike
Purdue – Nike
Rutgers – Nike
Wisconsin – Adidas

Big 12
Baylor – Nike
Iowa State – Nike
Kansas – Adidas
Kansas State – Nike
Oklahoma – Nike
Oklahoma State – Nike
Texas – Nike
TCU – Nike
Texas Tech – Under Armour
West Virginia – Nike

Conference USA
Charlotte – Nike
Florida Atlantic – Adidas
Florida International – Adidas
Louisiana Tech – Nike
Marshall – Nike
Middle Tennessee – Nike
North Texas – Nike
Old Dominion – Nike
Rice – Adidas
Southern Miss – Russell Athletic
UTEP – Nike
UTSA – Adidas
Western Kentucky – Russell Athletic

Independents
Army – Nike
BYU – Nike
Notre Dame – Under Armour

MAC
Akron – Adidas
Ball State – Nike
Bowling Green – Adidas Nike
Buffalo – Nike
Central Michigan – Adidas
Eastern Michigan – Adidas
Kent State – Nike
Massachusetts – Adidas
Miami (Ohio) – Adidas
Northern Illinois – Adidas
Ohio – Russell Athletic
Toledo – Under Armour
Western Michigan – Adidas

Mountain West
Air Force – Nike
Boise State – Nike
Colorado State – Under Armour
Fresno State – Nike
Hawaii – Under Armour
Nevada – Nike
New Mexico – Nike
San Diego State – Nike
San Jose State – Nike
UNLV – Nike
Utah State – Nike
Wyoming – Nike

Pac-12
Arizona – Nike
Arizona State – Adidas
California – Nike
Colorado – Nike
Oregon – Nike
Oregon State – Nike
Stanford – Nike
UCLA – Adidas
USC – Nike
Utah – Under Armour
Washington – Nike
Washington State – Nike

SEC
Alabama – Nike
Arkansas – Nike
Auburn – Under Armour
Florida – Nike
Georgia – Nike
Kentucky – Nike
LSU – Nike
Mississippi State – Adidas
Missouri – Nike
Ole Miss – Nike
South Carolina – Under Armour
Tennessee – Nike
Texas A&M – Adidas
Vanderbilt – Nike

Sun Belt
Appalachian State – Nike
Arkansas State – Adidas
Georgia Southern – Adidas
Georgia State – Nike
Idaho – Nike
Louisiana-Lafayette – Adidas
Louisiana-Monroe – Adidas
New Mexico State – Adidas
South Alabama – Nike
Texas State – Adidas
Troy – Adidas
Michigan does not wear adidas. They are a Jordan brand school.

Yup, just found that, they changed over to Nike in 2016, but the had been adidas since 2007....good catch.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:52 am Exactly, and trust me, they will look to teams like Alabama, Clemson, Oregon, Michigan, etc., to determine what they like.
Teams that win more than 7 games a good year?