I think we're gonna like this kid!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

Patrick Arnold won his Nebraska State Wrestling Championship match and the highlights are linked below at the 1:00 mark:
http://www.ketv.com/article/highlights- ... ng/8953173
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Adrian!! adrian! Adrian! ha ha I love it. It's crazy how emotional wrestling makes you get. Congrats, Patrick!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 228 times

In college they might have called a pin when he was on his back. Impressive to bridge out against a heavyweight like he did! I'm thinking the wrestling team (where we have been relatively terrible in the upper weights) could use this kid as well, ala Hoffschneider.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:52 am In college they might have called a pin when he was on his back. Impressive to bridge out against a heavyweight like he did! I'm thinking the wrestling team (where we have been relatively terrible in the upper weights) could use this kid as well, ala Hoffschneider.
I agree. He looked pinned, but it's always a judgement call. Great strength to bridge out of that.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Thought he was pinned as well, but holy hell what a bridge to get out of it. I'm with you guys, a guy that's got these kinda wrestling tools and understands leverage like that will be a great lineman. I'm excited to see how he develops on a college weight program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

talent pipeline is getting good it's sounding like, I like it
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Good chance he's the opening week starter at center
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:39 pm Good chance he's the opening week starter at center
You really think so? Seems like a lot of responsibility for a true freshman in a position that requires quite a lot from you.

I'm a bit skeptical...
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:33 am
joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:39 pm Good chance he's the opening week starter at center
You really think so? Seems like a lot of responsibility for a true freshman in a position that requires quite a lot from you.

I'm a bit skeptical...
I could see him starting at guard, but not at center. One of the guys at guard will move to center or someone already on the roster will take the spot. It could be a long season putting a true freshman in control of your line. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Velazquez red-shirt as they both look like they'll be difference makers in the future.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wasn't Nick Carlson a 4 year starter at center for us? Of course the O-line wasn't as skilled as they are now, but I think it can be handled by a true freshman in 2017
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:56 pm Wasn't Nick Carlson a 4 year starter at center for us? Of course the O-line wasn't as skilled as they are now, but I think it can be handled by a true freshman in 2017
Carlson started at right guard his True Freshman season. Played in 9 of the 13 games, started the first 8.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:33 am

I'm a bit skeptical...
I guess I was partially going off this from the CIC review:

"They are very high on Patrick Arnold at center"

If they can insert him and keep the other four spots the same, I think it would make for a smoother transition.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo