Combine results

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:27 am
carbonpoke wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 pm I have a feeling that McCaffrey is going to slide. He could go to a team like the Patriots, but don't think he will be drafted by a team looking for a bell cow.
I certainly hope you mean slide up. McCaffrey is the best football player in the draft; maybe not the best running back, but the best player. He worked out as a receiver and a kick returner after the RB workouts. He will be picked in the 1st round and will be a star.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/3/148093 ... t-stanford
It's purely my opinion, but I watched Toby Gerhardt go through the same predraft stuff. I don't think he is worth spending a first round pick on. Maybe as a duel threat guy... But not to a team that needs a bell cow. Like I said, that's my opinion. We will see how it shakes out
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

carbonpoke wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:40 am
onePokeovertheline wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:27 am
carbonpoke wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 pm I have a feeling that McCaffrey is going to slide. He could go to a team like the Patriots, but don't think he will be drafted by a team looking for a bell cow.
I certainly hope you mean slide up. McCaffrey is the best football player in the draft; maybe not the best running back, but the best player. He worked out as a receiver and a kick returner after the RB workouts. He will be picked in the 1st round and will be a star.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/3/148093 ... t-stanford
It's purely my opinion, but I watched Toby Gerhardt go through the same predraft stuff. I don't think he is worth spending a first round pick on. Maybe as a duel threat guy... But not to a team that needs a bell cow. Like I said, that's my opinion. We will see how it shakes out
Not trying to burst your bubble Carbon, but this isn't the between the tackles NFL anymore. Versatility is huge when in the right situation. Look at James White in the Super Bowl. Comparing McCaffrey to Gerhardt is also an apples to oranges comparison as they have two different game styles. McCaffrey is a better version of Danny Woodhead and he's had a solid NFL career. Ultimately, McCaffery has such versatility and his ability in the return game make him an enticing player for many teams.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Top RBs in the NFL: Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliott, Jay Ajayi, DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Jordan Howard, etc.

The deeper the list goes, the trend continues: the best RBs in the league tend to be over 215 lbs. Tough, versatile RBs who can run, catch, block, and most of all: hold up health wise as a result of their stature. McCaffrey is a very good talent, but he is not a feature RB at the NFL level. You don't take RBs who aren't 3-tool weapons in the 1st round (that's how you end up with Reggie Bush, CJ Spiller, etc. Role players, not stars) Good player, but not a 1st round talent. Brian Hill is more in that mold than he is.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:20 pm Top RBs in the NFL: Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliott, Jay Ajayi, DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Jordan Howard, etc.

The deeper the list goes, the trend continues: the best RBs in the league tend to be over 215 lbs. Tough, versatile RBs who can run, catch, block, and most of all: hold up health wise as a result of their stature. McCaffrey is a very good talent, but he is not a feature RB at the NFL level. You don't take RBs who aren't 3-tool weapons in the 1st round (that's how you end up with Reggie Bush, CJ Spiller, etc. Role players, not stars) Good player, but not a 1st round talent. Brian Hill is more in that mold than he is.
Jrod and I are in the same camp. I also don't like the fact that he didn't play in his bowl game. There are owners that don't like that as well.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I think McCaffrey is a late 1st-early 2nd guy. It's a cliche at this point but I wouldn't be surprised if New England takes him, they always seem to get the versatile recieving RB guys (Woodhead, Vereen, White)