Combine results

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Was the 4.54 the official time? That would be a really solid time to get drafted by the 4th round at the latest.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

4.54 official, 13th fastest time at RB
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:16 pm Brian had a good day. McCaffrey did not. All hail Leonard Fournette.
i found it hilarious that everyone was so taken back by fournette's vertical.....
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Chase's 20 yard shuttle time was the best among offensive linemen. That will help him out a lot.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:14 pm I'll keep updating this as the results come in

Brian Hill
  • Bench: 15
tied for 21st among RBs
  • 40: 4.54
13th
  • Vertical:34
12th
  • Broad Jump:10'5"
tied for 4th
Added his place among RBs. Pretty strong showing. Thought he was fine in the football drills too.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I think it's fair to say while Brian didn't drastically increase his stock, he didn't hurt it either. Which makes this weekend a success, cause this event can be a killer if the player struggles.

To me, he's a day two prospect with the mid-4th round as his floor.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I have a feeling that McCaffrey is going to slide. He could go to a team like the Patriots, but don't think he will be drafted by a team looking for a bell cow.

The LSU guy, his leg health is a worry, and he didn't really stand out, except he moves well for being 245.

I think the interviews are going to be much more important now that hill proved he is on the same tier as the others. Hill may actually rise.

Chase will be drafted, and he might get drafted pretty high
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Hill interviewed with Vikings, Seahawks, broncos, colts, chiefs, Packers, and some others that I don't want him to go to.

Skol!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I like his fit in most of those spots
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

The more I think about, statistically I think he could end up a Viking.

The vikes are going to draft offensive line first. Then look for a running back.

God please make this happen
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Just not the Pats or Seahawks. I just don't care for those teams.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This Seahawks fan does not wish our dreadful OL on Brian. He deserves better.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:54 pm This Vikings fan does not wish our dreadful OL on Brian. He deserves better.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Gotta think this will do wonders for the recruiting trail. Wyoming has two guys doing real well at combine, with them outperforming some of the big boys. I think you will see Hollister and Gentry get a decent look as well as Wacha and maybe even DJ May. We have come so far in just a couple of years. I can't remember the last time that we had a team that had at least 5 or 6 seniors with legitimate NFL potential.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

I don't think Brian will make it to the end of round 3. Just have the feeling someone will really like him and have to get him early.

As for Chase, hoping for a late round. He's not a physical specimen but he's extremely smart, has good versatility, and is fundamentally sound which spells late round value to me.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:22 pm I don't think Brian will make it to the end of round 3. Just have the feeling someone will really like him and have to get him early.

As for Chase, hoping for a late round. He's not a physical specimen but he's extremely smart, has good versatility, and is fundamentally sound which spells late round value to me.
And showed good mobility today which never hurts
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

It would be awesome if he got picked up by Denver. Then I could see him play in person on a pretty consistent basis!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:27 pm The more I think about, statistically I think he could end up a Viking.

The vikes are going to draft offensive line first. Then look for a running back.

God please make this happen
Yes please!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:22 pm I don't think Brian will make it to the end of round 3. Just have the feeling someone will really like him and have to get him early.
There are a lot of backs in that 3rd to 4th round range. I certainly think Brian helped himself today in what we saw. I don't know that many people expected him to run in the low 4.5s. And I love that he's not happy with that time and will be running it again at the Wyoming Pro Day.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

carbonpoke wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 pm I have a feeling that McCaffrey is going to slide. He could go to a team like the Patriots, but don't think he will be drafted by a team looking for a bell cow.
I certainly hope you mean slide up. McCaffrey is the best football player in the draft; maybe not the best running back, but the best player. He worked out as a receiver and a kick returner after the RB workouts. He will be picked in the 1st round and will be a star.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/3/148093 ... t-stanford