Josh Allen hype machine

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:03 pm There's a great Kevin Mckinney and Josh Allen video on Gowyo.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

The Cowboys have a chance with Josh to wreak some Offensive mayhem in the MWC in 2017. Naturally, stopping big plays on D will perhaps be the difference maker. On O, its sustained ball possession and picking those big moments down the field. We have weapons, make it happen JA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 am Foster published an article comparing Allen to Farve, and I have a tendency to agree. Growing up a Viking fan through the 90s I watched more than my fair share of Brett.

Watching Josh today, I get the same anxiety when I watch plays develop with our QB. An out of control but focused mentality. Same physical gifts, with the most important being hand size. It's damn remarkable really, the similarities.

The high touchdown and interception rate. The varying yardage numbers that grow throughout the season. Late play heroics, scrambling, vocal leadership and jovial celebration.

I watched some YouTube on Farve this morning. I recommend doing so. The Steve maricucci commentary is good stuff.

It makes me sorta wonder if Josh is really going to change into an high efficiency guy, or stay the way he is. If Josh had completed that byu game winner? Josh will complete those passes in the future, and miss as well.

The highs you get from watching gunslingers as a fan are insurmountable, and the loathing from other fanbases is huge.

Can't wait to make the trek this fall to watch my first game in over 12 years.
Going all the way back to last spring, Bohl talked about the importance of reeling in Josh's gunslinger mentality. There were good days and bad days. Eleven of his 15 interceptions came in just four games....those were four of our six losses. He also didn't complete 55 percent of his passes in any of those four losses.

With exception of the Nebraska 4th quarter, the first nine games were very good. I hope Vigen can find and fix whatever the problem was down the stretch.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:01 pm
carbonpoke wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 am Foster published an article comparing Allen to Farve, and I have a tendency to agree. Growing up a Viking fan through the 90s I watched more than my fair share of Brett.

Watching Josh today, I get the same anxiety when I watch plays develop with our QB. An out of control but focused mentality. Same physical gifts, with the most important being hand size. It's damn remarkable really, the similarities.

The high touchdown and interception rate. The varying yardage numbers that grow throughout the season. Late play heroics, scrambling, vocal leadership and jovial celebration.

I watched some YouTube on Farve this morning. I recommend doing so. The Steve maricucci commentary is good stuff.

It makes me sorta wonder if Josh is really going to change into an high efficiency guy, or stay the way he is. If Josh had completed that byu game winner? Josh will complete those passes in the future, and miss as well.

The highs you get from watching gunslingers as a fan are insurmountable, and the loathing from other fanbases is huge.

Can't wait to make the trek this fall to watch my first game in over 12 years.
Going all the way back to last spring, Bohl talked about the importance of reeling in Josh's gunslinger mentality. There were good days and bad days. Eleven of his 15 interceptions came in just four games....those were four of our six losses. He also didn't complete 55 percent of his passes in any of those four losses.

With exception of the Nebraska 4th quarter, the first nine games were very good. I hope Vigen can find and fix whatever the problem was down the stretch.
And like 5 of the 15 happened in 1 game. Or was it 4 and a fumble?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:01 pm Going all the way back to last spring, Bohl talked about the importance of reeling in Josh's gunslinger mentality. There were good days and bad days. Eleven of his 15 interceptions came in just four games....those were four of our six losses. He also didn't complete 55 percent of his passes in any of those four losses.

Five INTs and a fumble.....four of the INTs came in the 4th quarter, which I referenced earlier.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:25 pm
wyokoke wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 pm
Five INTs and a fumble.....four of the INTs came in the 4th quarter, which I referenced earlier.
I'd like to erase that 4th quarter (and the Bramlet game against TCU) from my memory.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The 6-foot-5 Allen was projected by some to be a first-round selection in the 2017 draft before deciding to return to the Cowboys for his redshirt junior year. But the hype train has already left the station.

“No doubt about it,” said Davis, whose son plays for former Wyoming quarterback Jacob Doss at Windemere (Florida) Prep. “That buzz is alive and well within NFL circles. Many people have said to me, ‘Boy, if he’d been in this draft, we’d be talking about maybe one of the top three guys in this year’s draft.’ Yeah, the buzz is already there for him, and people are really excited about watching him progress next year.

“I heard a ton of buzz about him at the combine, and obviously he wasn’t in it, but it was still like, ‘Man, I can’t wait to take a look at that big kid from Wyoming next year. That’s going to be fun.’”

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... c6ff7.html
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

after seeing this years draft class of quarterbacks, thank god carson wentz told josh to come back for another year to mature. The qb's this year are not impressive in my opinion. It will be very interesting to see what this years nfl teams do. So many teams with questions at the quarterback position.

as of today, the Vikings said they are not going to renew bridgewaters contract. that leaves them thin for next year. Bradford will be extended. but then what?

Broncos, Chiefs, Browns, Bengals, New Orleans, Arizona, San Diego, Houston, San Francisco, Chicago, Buffalo, Jets, Giants, Steelers, Baltimore, Jacksonville... all teams in need.

of that list, which teams will play into a high draft pick?

and which other qbs are coming out next year? darnold, rosen, and allen will have the most attention.

falk from Washington, kid from Oklahoma state... good qbs but play in a spread. Most of the other qbs are undersized.

If allen wants to be a first round pick, he has to prove that he can carry an offense. This is the year to do it. He has an oline that should allow him the time to make the correct throw. However, the nfl loves a guy that can improvise, which is what got Josh into the talk in the first place. The game to open the season is huge. It will set the media or lose them.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:06 pmas of today, the Vikings said they are not going to renew bridgewaters contract. that leaves them thin for next year. Bradford will be extended. but then what?
YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!! (granted, I do like both Bridgewater and Bradford, but would really like Allen here)

I feel like San Francisco would be an amazing fit for Josh, being close to home and being in Kyle Shanahan's system. But they may take a QB early this year.....
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Driving home from work today, I heard a local sports radio guy in Phoenix say that the Cards should hold off on drafting a QB this year. Why? Because he was saying that one, Josh Allen from the University of Wyoming was going to be worth the wait! Made me proud to hear that.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Well you can probably eliminate Chicago, Kansas City and Houston from the possible destinations for Josh Allen in 2018.

I think some of the top possibilities could be:
Arizona
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Minnesota
San Francisco
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:12 pm Well you can probably eliminate Chicago, Kansas City and Houston from the possible destinations for Josh Allen in 2018.

I think some of the top possibilities could be:
Arizona
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Minnesota
San Francisco
Chicago made a mistake drafting a QB with 13 live games of experience, less than two months after signing Mike Glennon to a three-year, $45 million deal to see if he is the team’s QB of the future. Proof the Bear's front office aren't real bright. I'm glad Josh waited and will go to a better place than Chicago.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:09 pm
“No doubt about it,” said Davis, whose son plays for former Wyoming quarterback Jacob Doss at Windemere (Florida) Prep.
Jacob Doss, or as we in the student section at the time would affectionately chant "Doss is Boss! Doss is Boss!"
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

NEVER count your money while your sitting at the table they'll be time enough for counting when the dealings done.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

How much is that kind of exposure for Wyoming worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:27 pm How much is that kind of exposure for Wyoming worth?
Well, it's interesting to note the Big Ten hasn't announced it's national TV schedule yet. That report on ESPN may make our game in Iowa more appealing.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Geez. Thanks, Josh for coming back! wow
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Allen is the highest touted player in Wyoming history and it just keeps pouring in. He is going to be scrutinized and disected on every play of every game this year. I really hope he takes all this publicity and is able to run with it with outstanding numbers this year.

http://nflmocks.com/2017/04/30/2018-nfl ... -prospect/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro