Josh Allen hype machine

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:03 pmI think that's a bad comparison, Kaepernick was athletic but played under a pistol offense not as bad as a spread but not as developed as a pro style.
It is true Allen has a leg up being in a pro style offense, but I'm just talking about how he'll need to develop past being just a guy with physical tools.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Kaepernick's career progression went 7-6, 8-5, and concluded with 13-1. Allen would be fortunate to finish close to that.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:27 pm A Kap comparison would mean that Josh Allen will be a starting Super Bowl QB one day. I'll take that.
But please, God, don't let Josh become a vegan!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

If J. Allen has the career Kaepernick had minus the veganism, getting a perm, being ungrateful for everything you have, and hating America I'd be happy.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:29 pm If J. Allen has the career Kaepernick had minus the veganism, getting a perm, being ungrateful for everything you have, and hating America I'd be happy.
Wow, no hyperbole in that statement at all...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Interesting, thorough preview from Connelly. 7-5 is nothing to whine about, but I doubt a home loss to CSU would make the natives happy.

As noted in another thread, it is weird seeing the AFA game that late.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Interesting stuff from Connelly, I guess. He has CSU (S&P ranking of 43) way better than us (S&P 80). He also has Utah St. (S&P ranking 71) better than us. I refuse to believe that Utah state will be better than us. I give us at least a 50% chance of being better than the C suckers to the south. For the first time in a long time I feel slighted by a pre season projection.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Todd McShay almost never fails to mention Josh when talking about next years draft. I think he mentions "top 5 pick" pretty regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:47 am Todd McShay almost never fails to mention Josh when talking about next years draft. I think he mentions "top 5 pick" pretty regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I wish he would stop lol. He's historically a huge jinx for QBs.

lololol something look wrong here? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct331ksXEAE-aBC.jpg
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Brett Smith, make sure you have all your ducks in a row, lol, Please!!!
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined/st ... 3543603200

Don't know how embed a tweet here. Another article coming out of SBN from Ian Boyd. Pretty good read.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

Watching some of these gifs honestly gives me the chills. Josh is so great. That season, despite ending in a loss to BYU, was nothing short of spectacular.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:35 pm https://twitter.com/Ian_A_Boyd/status/8 ... 3543603200 Don't know how embed a tweet here. Another article coming out of SBN from Ian Boyd. Pretty good read.
there you go :thumb:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Foster published an article comparing Allen to Farve, and I have a tendency to agree. Growing up a Viking fan through the 90s I watched more than my fair share of Brett.

Watching Josh today, I get the same anxiety when I watch plays develop with our QB. An out of control but focused mentality. Same physical gifts, with the most important being hand size. It's damn remarkable really, the similarities.

The high touchdown and interception rate. The varying yardage numbers that grow throughout the season. Late play heroics, scrambling, vocal leadership and jovial celebration.

I watched some YouTube on Farve this morning. I recommend doing so. The Steve maricucci commentary is good stuff.

It makes me sorta wonder if Josh is really going to change into an high efficiency guy, or stay the way he is. If Josh had completed that byu game winner? Josh will complete those passes in the future, and miss as well.

The highs you get from watching gunslingers as a fan are insurmountable, and the loathing from other fanbases is huge.

Can't wait to make the trek this fall to watch my first game in over 12 years.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Follow this link to a really good video interview by Josh Allen.

http://kowb1290.com/wyoming-qb-josh-all ... ore-video/
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

carbonpoke wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 am Foster published an article comparing Allen to Farve, and I have a tendency to agree. Growing up a Viking fan through the 90s I watched more than my fair share of Brett.

Watching Josh today, I get the same anxiety when I watch plays develop with our QB. An out of control but focused mentality. Same physical gifts, with the most important being hand size. It's damn remarkable really, the similarities.

The high touchdown and interception rate. The varying yardage numbers that grow throughout the season. Late play heroics, scrambling, vocal leadership and jovial celebration.

I watched some YouTube on Farve this morning. I recommend doing so. The Steve maricucci commentary is good stuff.

It makes me sorta wonder if Josh is really going to change into an high efficiency guy, or stay the way he is. If Josh had completed that byu game winner? Josh will complete those passes in the future, and miss as well.

The highs you get from watching gunslingers as a fan are insurmountable, and the loathing from other fanbases is huge.

Can't wait to make the trek this fall to watch my first game in over 12 years.
I'm a huge fan of Favre, and tend to agree, although Josh is more mobile as well. the BYU pick actually reminds me of Favre with the Vikes vs the Saints in the NFC Championship whatever year that was (09?)
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

There's a great Kevin Mckinney and Josh Allen video on Gowyo.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Another nice piece mentioning playing against Allen. The article is talking about toughest non conference schedules for P5 teams.

Pick 6: Toughest nonconference schedules in Power 5 in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro