Carl Granderson

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MinnesotaPoke
Buckaroo

Anybody seen or hear how the rehab has been going? Is he taking part in Spring ball? Haven't heard his name mentioned.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Carl is not participating in Spring Ball, but his rehab the last time it was reported upon was ahead of schedule and he is expected back for this fall at 100%.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Not a bad idea to heal him up completely. The dude is a stud. No reason to risk injury in the spring
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

No way would he be ready to go in spring ball, but as long as rehab doesn't hit any setbacks he'll be back to his old self by the summer.
MinnesotaPoke
Buckaroo

Gotcha. Thanks for updates. Hoping speed and explosiveness is close to what he was before injury.

Anybody know where he got his knee repaired?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

MinnesotaPoke wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:14 am Gotcha. Thanks for updates. Hoping speed and explosiveness is close to what he was before injury.

Anybody know where he got his knee repaired?
my guess would be premier bone and joint.....but that guess is entirely speculative
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Seems like tearing your ACL is no big deal anymore. Tons of other injuries can take you out for a year, too.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

You would definitely be surprised on what they can do now with sports injuries and their rehabs. Heck I know quite a lot of orthopaedic surgeons now who are doing outpatient knee or hip replacements through their own outpatient surgical centers. Of course most of those patients are physically healthy too.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

wyoair wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 pm You would definitely be surprised on what they can do now with sports injuries and their rehabs. Heck I know quite a lot of orthopaedic surgeons now who are doing outpatient knee or hip replacements through their own outpatient surgical centers. Of course most of those patients are physically healthy too.
It's definitely the way that the field is transitioning. When you use your own outpatient center, you don't have to pay the hospital to rent their OR, rent their equipment, rent their anesthesiologists, etc. Most orthos are finding they will make more money by having their own facility.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

As long as he will be healed and have full ability back...this might have been the best thing for him...redshirt year....bulk up...a year older, etc. :twocents:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

BJC wrote:As long as he will be healed and have full ability back...this might have been the best thing for him...redshirt year....bulk up...a year older, etc. :twocents:
What are you talking about? There is no redshirt year for him. He missed half a season and will be playing this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:39 pm
BJC wrote:As long as he will be healed and have full ability back...this might have been the best thing for him...redshirt year....bulk up...a year older, etc. :twocents:
What are you talking about? There is no redshirt year for him. He missed half a season and will be playing this season.

Maybe he thought he got a medical redshirt (which he wasn't eligible for).
BJC
A Real Cowboy

oh wow...I thought he got the year back
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

BJC wrote:oh wow...I thought he got the year back
That would have been sweet, but sadly no.

W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Granderson was injured in the Air Force game which was the 6th game of the year. You can only apply for a medical hardship if you play in 30% or less of the games. Even counting the MWC game and the bowl game, the absolute most a player could have participated in and still be eligible was 5 games.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:03 pm Granderson was injured in the Air Force game which was the 6th game of the year. You can only apply for a medical hardship if you play in 30% or less of the games. Even counting the MWC game and the bowl game, the absolute most a player could have participated in and still be eligible was 5 games.
I wonder if that "30% rule" has any provisions for teams that play in the post season. It would seem unfair that the eligibility of an athlete seeking a medical redshirt would come down to how successful his team is that year.
For example, some teams play 12 games and that's it. Another team could play 12 regular season games (13 if Hawaii is on their schedule), a conf. championship, and 2 playoff games. That's up to 4 more games! Seems like a slippery slope...
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:13 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:03 pm Granderson was injured in the Air Force game which was the 6th game of the year. You can only apply for a medical hardship if you play in 30% or less of the games. Even counting the MWC game and the bowl game, the absolute most a player could have participated in and still be eligible was 5 games.
I wonder if that "30% rule" has any provisions for teams that play in the post season. It would seem unfair that the eligibility of an athlete seeking a medical redshirt would come down to how successful his team is that year.
For example, some teams play 12 games and that's it. Another team could play 12 regular season games (13 if Hawaii is on their schedule), a conf. championship, and 2 playoff games. That's up to 4 more games! Seems like a slippery slope...
But it's the NCAA, so you can't use things like logic when thinking about it
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Well at least he has the option to use a redshirt if rehab has a hiccup etc.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:13 pm
I'm not 100% certain on this, but the way I have been told by our compliance guy is that it is 30% of scheduled contests. Since Championship games and bowl games are not scheduled, they wouldn't count. The only reason I did the math using 14 games was to show that, even counting those games, he still would be ineligible for a waiver.