Five 2017 games to be carried by ESPN Networks

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:36 amI'm not sure why people think streaming over the MWC site will lower our exposure. When games are streamed by the schools through our own network is viewable world wide at no cost.
How many people outside of the people who follow MWC teams would find these streams?

Look, I love how they stream games during basketball season and like that streaming platform over ESPN's, but I definitely agree it limits exposure. ESPN may not be a big boon to viewers, but it's still more than would watch on the MWC site. Besides, I don't see any way ESPN doesn't re-up. The only other conference playing games in that last window is the Pac-12, and they won't be moving to ESPN. So I'm sure the network will want to keep as much football on the air as possible.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:36 amI'm not sure why people think streaming over the MWC site will lower our exposure. When games are streamed by the schools through our own network is viewable world wide at no cost.
How many people outside of the people who follow MWC teams would find these streams?
Sounds like your just viewing everything with that small school small state mentality. I meet people in Arizona all the time that are MWC fans and know they can stream all the games online.

Yes they would need some quality advertising, they would need to get their own chanel on ATV, abs promote the content something they don't do now very well but with the right mind which the MWC may or may not have anything can be accomplished. What I'm worried about more than anything is the MWC doing it right.

Sometimes I think their mentality as a conference is the same as a local bar that doesn't advertise but has the nerve to bitch about not being busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

I've never streamed a game that I wasn't intent on watching. But ask me how many games I've watched because they were on. A lot more. However, if they game was streamed from somewhere like twitter, I think you could pick up casual viewers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:41 pm
joshvanklomp wrote:
Sounds like your just viewing everything with that small school small state mentality. I meet people in Arizona all the time that are MWC fans and know they can stream all the games online.
Key words are bolded. I'm talking about non-MWC fans, who may be flipping through channels on a Saturday night and stop on a MWC game because it's the best game on. If you went to just a stream, you wouldn't get those extra views because they wouldn't be on TV.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:41 pm
joshvanklomp wrote:
Key words are bolded. I'm talking about non-MWC fans, who may be flipping through channels on a Saturday night and stop on a MWC game because it's the best game on. If you went to just a stream, you wouldn't get those extra views because they wouldn't be on TV.
Haha people that randomly watch non P5 football because it's the best game on pretty sure that doesn't happen period.

In other news no more bonus money for individual games.

That small of money for the poop espn schedules deal with is pathetic I guess on the bright side we haven't completely sold our souls like some conferences.

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

This would be the direction that the conference needs to take action getting involved with assp.

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Just took a peek at this YouTube TV. Looks interesting. For us sports fans, this is one of the better lineups in terms of sports channels I've seen from these streaming services. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN NEWS, Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network, SEC Network, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, and NBC Golf. Throw in ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, and for the college football fan, that is gonna get you most of the games every week. Another interesting feature is that you get unlimited DVR storage and you can watch it anytime on any device you have linked to the account.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:Just took a peek at this YouTube TV. Looks interesting. For us sports fans, this is one of the better lineups in terms of sports channels I've seen from these streaming services. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN NEWS, Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network, SEC Network, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, and NBC Golf. Throw in ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, and for the college football fan, that is gonna get you most of the games every week. Another interesting feature is that you get unlimited DVR storage and you can watch it anytime on any device you have linked to the account.
I feel like that was YouTube's plan a one stop shop for the sports fan and this is where any conference should want to be.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:09 pm Just took a peek at this YouTube TV. Looks interesting. For us sports fans, this is one of the better lineups in terms of sports channels I've seen from these streaming services. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN NEWS, Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network, SEC Network, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, and NBC Golf. Throw in ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, and for the college football fan, that is gonna get you most of the games every week. Another interesting feature is that you get unlimited DVR storage and you can watch it anytime on any device you have linked to the account.
Throw in Food network, HGTV, Discovery, Animal Planet, Outdoor channel and that's all you need :)

and Fox news
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Back the national broadcasts topic, I get that we're happy about 7 national broadcasts for 2017 but last year we had 11! Granted one game was the MWCC and one was the Poinsettia Bowl. That still leaves us with 9 national broadcasts of the regular season. So we fell down a couple broadcasts and that's a good thing??
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:29 pm Back the national broadcasts topic, I get that we're happy about 7 national broadcasts for 2017 but last year we had 11! Granted one game was the MWCC and one was the Poinsettia Bowl. That still leaves us with 9 national broadcasts of the regular season. So we fell down a couple broadcasts and that's a good thing??
I believe it was only 10 last year.....because it was 8 not counting the MWC title game and Poinsettia Bowl. (source: http://kowb1290.com/eight-wyoming-cowbo ... v-in-2016/)

Six nationally-televised MWC games in both years. The difference is only one in nonconference this year, as opposed to two last year. That one game is due to Iowa, which should be carried on Big Ten Network. I don't know for certain, but I believe most satellite companies offer BTN, definitely in the Big Ten footprint which stretches from Nebraska to New Jersey. I wouldn't put that in the same category as ROOT Sports or the Wyo-Vision games, even though technically none of them are national TV games.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:18 pm
LaradiseCowboy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:29 pm Back the national broadcasts topic, I get that we're happy about 7 national broadcasts for 2017 but last year we had 11! Granted one game was the MWCC and one was the Poinsettia Bowl. That still leaves us with 9 national broadcasts of the regular season. So we fell down a couple broadcasts and that's a good thing??
I believe it was only 10 last year.....because it was 8 not counting the MWC title game and Poinsettia Bowl. (source: http://kowb1290.com/eight-wyoming-cowbo ... v-in-2016/)

Six nationally-televised MWC games in both years. The difference is only one in nonconference this year, as opposed to two last year. That one game is due to Iowa, which should be carried on Big Ten Network. I don't know for certain, but I believe most satellite companies offer BTN, definitely in the Big Ten footprint which stretches from Nebraska to New Jersey. I wouldn't put that in the same category as ROOT Sports or the Wyo-Vision games, even though technically none of them are national TV games.
No it was definitely 11. We had 4 on CBSSN, 4 on ESPN2, 1 on ESPNU, and 2 on ESPN. I guess I wasn't paying attention when it happened but we picked up an ESPN broadcast somewhere along the way last season. Counting the Poinsettia Bowl, the MWCC, and the Iowa game on BTN that still leaves a short a broadcast.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016 ... hedule.php
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:10 amNo it was definitely 11. We had 4 on CBSSN, 4 on ESPN2, 1 on ESPNU, and 2 on ESPN. I guess I wasn't paying attention when it happened but we picked up an ESPN broadcast somewhere along the way last season. Counting the Poinsettia Bowl, the MWCC, and the Iowa game on BTN that still leaves a short a broadcast.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016 ... hedule.php
Got it. Nebraska was the late add, which was on ESPN2 (announced mid-June as part of the Big Ten's national schedule)