Five 2017 games to be carried by ESPN Networks

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

9/23 vs. Hawaii
10/21 at Boise
10/28 vs. New Mexico
11/11 at Air Force
11/25 at San Jose
https://twitter.com/MountainWest/status ... 1301279745
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Additionally from the link, CBS Sports Network will broadcast the Oregon (9/16) and Colorado State (11/4) games.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BJC
A Real Cowboy

Hopefully the Border War game will get to the point it is always an ESPN game. :twocents:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

I'm just glad both the CBS games are home games. Hate trying to figure out where to watch when it's on CBS Sports. No one gets CBS sports.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I hope next year MWC ends contracts with ESPN, CBS and Root and move to 100% streaming so no more 9pm starts and the the schools and conference can build much better scheduling it's not worth the 1-2 million a year we are getting to have late night and poop weekday games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I am glad the Oregon game is at 5. Plenty of time for some good tailgating. Nebraska at 11am there last year was a real drag.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:04 pm I hope next year MWC ends contracts with ESPN, CBS and Root and move to 100% streaming so no more 9pm starts and the the schools and conference can build much better scheduling it's not worth the 1-2 million a year we are getting to have late night and poop weekday games.

I can tell you that is simply not going to happen as long as ESPN controls the coverage market. In order to sell a brand to a national audience your games have to be broadcasted on a national TV network. That is the way of the game...for now.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Interesting that the Iowa game hasn't been picked up by a network. In any event, I'm hoping we can turn the 7 nationally televised games into 9.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I noticed that some of the games in the table explicitly mentioned ESPN or ESPN2. What does that say about the others? That they default to ESPNU? ESPNU is a high priced addition to COMCAST.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote:I noticed that some of the games in the table explicitly mentioned ESPN or ESPN2. What does that say about the others? That they default to ESPNU? ESPNU is a high priced addition to COMCAST.
Most likely flex games. Depending on scenarios that play out, the game will move to espn, espn2, or espn3 online only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Sweet.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think Iowa will be on big 10 network but just a guess

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 pmI think Iowa will be on big 10 network but just a guess
I'd say that's close to a lock. BTN should have the first right to all games in Big Ten stadiums after ESPN. They wouldn't not televise the game, either.

Btw, I'd say the other games likely for BTN that day are Michigan State/Bowling Green, Penn State/Akron, Illinois/Ball State, Nebraska/Arkansas State, Nevada/Northwestern.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Just my opinion here, but if the MW were to discontinue contracts with ESPN and/or CBS, I would like to see us pioneer into the streaming world with some sort of Netflix/Hulu/YouTube agreement. The first organizations to tap into that market will see a ton of success.

Now we could potentially be talking about an international audience instead of a national audience.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

LaradiseCowboy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:04 pm I hope next year MWC ends contracts with ESPN, CBS and Root and move to 100% streaming so no more 9pm starts and the the schools and conference can build much better scheduling it's not worth the 1-2 million a year we are getting to have late night and poop weekday games.

I can tell you that is simply not going to happen as long as ESPN controls the coverage market. In order to sell a brand to a national audience your games have to be broadcasted on a national TV network. That is the way of the game...for now.
Oh it's definitely happening the question isn't will, the question is when.

Streaming is way more of a national audience than the poop we have right now that requires special addon sports packages.

The sad thing is when the Mtn Network came out it was perfect they just had the poop partners ever who put forth zero effort.

LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:42 pm
LaradiseCowboy wrote:

Oh it's definitely happening the question isn't will the question is when.

Streaming is way more of a national audience than the poop we have right now that requires special addon sports packages.

The sad thing is when the Mtn Network came out it was perfect they just had the poop partners ever who put forth zero effort.

Oh I definitely agree that it's happening, I just don't foresee the MW leading the break away. With online streaming success or failure will be in the details of how we're promoted. If we're just streamed through the MW online our coverage will take a dramatic dump, hence the reason tapping into markets like Netflix/Hulu/YouTube/Facebook will be a big key to success.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

LaradiseCowboy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:42 pm
LaradiseCowboy wrote:

Oh it's definitely happening the question isn't will the question is when.

Oh I definitely agree that it's happening, I just don't foresee the MW leading the break away. With online streaming success or failure will be in the details of how we're promoted. If we're just streamed through the MW online our coverage will take a dramatic dump, hence the reason tapping into markets like Netflix/Hulu/YouTube/Facebook will be a big key to success.
I'm not sure why people think streaming over the MWC site will lower our exposure. When games are streamed by the schools through our own network is viewable world wide at no cost.

What I would like to see the MWC do is get with other G5 conferences and build a package deal. 10-15 a month for streamed games from multiple conferences.

The MWC is pretty close to the top G5 so in order to sell something like this they need to partner with as many conferences as possible.

Right now we're partners with campus insiders when it comes to streaming. Root broadcasts being streamed is MWC streaming them according to direct TV rules.

If the MWC can't build it's own network it should either partner with other conferences or a well known sports Internet presence.

Every G5 conference takes it in the ass from ESPN giving us poop time slots. We control our own time slots as soon as we get away from being held back.

pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I just hope for no espn 3. At this time our cable provider doesn't participate in espn3 and so they would be missed games

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Chances are there will be no streaming at all if net neutrality keeps following the path of the last few weeks. We'll be forced to watch all this stuff on a TV set at extraordinary prices while the ISP's and cable providers harvest your data for advertisements.