Players kicked off the team

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Already thin at D tackle so Baker hurts. This won't have immediate impacts as they were only expected to be contributors not starters but Sometimes UW can't seem to get out of its own damn way.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

gopokes1399 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:46 pm
Wyo2dal wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:31 pm Sounds like partying after the CBI and players getting in trouble some worst than others.

Doubt it's academic related, players don't get kicked off the team for academic issues and rarely do you have suspension and dismissal at the same time or extremely coincidental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Players don't get kicked off for academic reasons? Uso Olive did...

If there was some sort of plagiarism issue or cheating significant in any way, it could lead to dismissal especially if it happens multiple times
From my understanding, Olive was caught plagiarizing multiple times, 3 I believe. He was kicked out of school and dismissed from the football team. None of it was his choice or the popular so-called "personal reasons".
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

So nobody has the insider information on what happened? There has to be someone in the know on whether its grades or other.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:40 am So nobody has the insider information on what happened? There has to be someone in the know on whether its grades or other.
I think it has been established it isn't grades. That wouldn't occur in the middle of the semester during spring ball.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Just saw this, but it's more of the same, no comment...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... e-football
Gamer2101
Buckaroo

Left handed cigarettes?

Sent from the winners circle.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Gamer2101 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:04 am Left handed cigarettes?

Sent from the winners circle.
Don't think that's enough to get kicked off the team with no prior suspension.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I'm really curious. 2 years ago we had minors with DUIs get one game suspensions so more serious than that
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

elfletcho wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:35 pm I heard there was NCAA drug testing yesterday.
NCAA test results wouldn't be back that quickly, they usually take at least a week for results to get back to the school. Also, odds are they wouldn't get kicked off for that unless it was a repeat offense.

As for grades, current semester grades don't affect your playing status, it is only accumulated GPA and previous semester passed credits. I'm not familiar if UW has a mechanism in place to monitor all the player's grades during the semester, but even if they did, they would still have a month to correct them at this point.

I would be almost 100% certain this isn't academic-related UNLESS it is cheating/plagiarizing.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

wyoair wrote:Already thin at D tackle so Baker hurts. This won't have immediate impacts as they were only expected to be contributors not starters but Sometimes UW can't seem to get out of its own damn way.
I don't know why "UW" is being blamed. Seems to me it's poor decisions by the players. I support the consequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Poke-proud wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:34 pm
wyoair wrote:Already thin at D tackle so Baker hurts. This won't have immediate impacts as they were only expected to be contributors not starters but Sometimes UW can't seem to get out of its own damn way.
I don't know why "UW" is being blamed. Seems to me it's poor decisions by the players. I support the consequence.

The three kicked out very likely screwed their minuscule chances of a pro career with just one dumb move. I'm sure the rest of the team got a very sobering realization from that, and will hopefully abstain from at least some risky behavior in the future now.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Not only that, but they lost a full ride scholarship. Wonder what their parents think of that.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

I'm not blaming UW per se. What I mean is that UW i.e. The University of Wyoming athletic teams cannot afford to do dumb poop and have large amounts of attrition see last year. Correct me if I'm wrong they are part of the University of Wyoming? You are on the precipice of something great and you take a few steps back I regards to depth. We aren't in a position to simply reload. I'm not so naive as to blame the Univeristy for their discipline or Bohl if you are in so inclined to believe me for that too.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

wyoair wrote:

I'm not blaming UW per se. What I mean is that UW i.e. The University of Wyoming athletic teams cannot afford to do dumb poop and have large amounts of attrition see last year. Correct me if I'm wrong they are part of the University of Wyoming? You are on the precipice of something great and you take a few steps back I regards to depth. We aren't in a position to simply reload. I'm not so naive as to blame the Univeristy for their discipline or Bohl if you are in so inclined to believe me for that too.
Yeah, "UW" would be part of "UW" so you don't need to be corrected, however I really doubt "UW" told the kids to go do dumb poop and really shouldn't be blamed. I would bet, A lot of money, the kids made the decision to do that on our own.

wyoair
Ranch Hand

AGAIN not blaming the Univeristy for the actions of its players but they represent the University and they should know the situation. They which means the University of Wyoming can't afford such things. You can't take one step forward and two steps on the road to success l. We can't plug in a five star for a five star. I doubt Bohl said "guys the trustees and AD are kicking you off". It was his decision and I support it.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

He's using UW as a colloquial term to mean the athletes, not literally the University and its coaches or administration.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Adrian King left team. Conway suspended for spring game

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 pm Adrian King left team. Conway suspended for spring game

What the hell is going on this spring?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

King was one of suspended players from earlier

W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:03 am
NebraskaCowboy wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:40 am So nobody has the insider information on what happened? There has to be someone in the know on whether its grades or other.
I think it has been established it isn't grades. That wouldn't occur in the middle of the semester during spring ball.
Not grades. Put it this way, if you are given a second chance, knowing that if you f-word up there will be consequences (and you are even given some additional warnings), and you f-word up anyway - do you really deserve to be a full-ride D1 football player? Seems to me the 3 (now 4) made selfish choices, so to hell with them. Especially the arrogant douche from Gillette.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...