Milo Hall just keeps leading spring ball in explosive plays.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

This isn't a first time incident. He did it last spring as well, less often with the first team units, but he still piled up big plays during spring ball last season.

He's doing it again.

Since he started getting reps last spring, he's leading our rushers in yards per carry.

He won Colorado player of the year. He has skills. He gives us something we didn't have with HIll/Wick carrying the load. He gives us a guy that's shifty and quick, and can evade tackles. Hill could still do that, but he wasn't exactly shifty or quick.

I foresee a lot of carries in Milo Halls future. He's a weapon. He's a threat to score when he gets room and space.

With Overstreet and Evans to share carries, and a big, deep offensive line to rip open holes, Wyoming's running back group is going to be just fine.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:48 pmWith Overstreet and Evans to share carries, and a big, deep offensive line to rip open holes, Wyoming's running back group is going to be just fine.
The RBs were among the least of my concerns heading into the offseason. Nothing this spring changed that.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

And Bohl also mentioned Green doing good things too. Should be no worries as long as Rush does well at center and we get RTs back, although it sounds like Schwab is playing well enough to start if it wasn't for who is in front of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Hard to believe CSU offered him only as a preferred walk on. In high school he was 3 star, ran a 4.5 sec 40 or better, and was the Class 5A (largest schools) Player of the Year.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

CodyPoke wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:02 pm Hard to believe CSU offered him only as a preferred walk on. In high school he was 3 star, ran a 4.5 sec 40 or better, and was the Class 5A (largest schools) Player of the Year.
I'm pretty sure Mike Bobo only likes guys from the southeast. Colorado boys are not as numerous under Bobo.

He hasn't been lighting the world on fire in Colorado, and he tends to let the scouting services like Rivals and Scout do the player evaluation for him.

Wyoming has been capitalizing on CSU over looking the Colorado boys.

How we got that Overland pipeline out from under CSU was a thing of beauty(Thanks Papa Shy). Austin Conway, Kevin Prosser, Alijah Haliburton, Cameron Murray......Hell yes. Overland is an athlete factory for Wyoming right now.

With Milo, it's hard to say what we have in him. The majority of his practices have been closed to the public.

He's been dominating the box score over the last two springs. He leads in yards per carry and has the most explosive touchdowns from the running pack position. I think there's a good chance he could end up the starter.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:33 pmI think there's a good chance he could end up the starter.
It would be a departure from the typical Craig Bohl/Brent Vigen starting RB. That's the biggest thing that gives me pause at this moment.

Here's the sizes of the primary RBs those guys have used through the years since Vigen became Bohl's OC (min. 100 carries):
2009: Pat Paschall 6-0, 198 lbs
2010: DJ McNorton 5-10, 203 lbs
2011: DJ McNorton 5-10, 206 lbs; Sam Ojuri 6-0, 200 lbs
2012: Sam Ojuri 6-0, 206 lbs; John Crockett 6-0, 202 lbs
2013: Sam Ojuri 6-0, 212 lbs; John Crockett 6-0, 202 lbs
2014: Shaun Wick 5-10, 210 lbs; Brian Hill 6-1, 204 lbs
2015: Brian Hill 6-1, 211 lbs
2016: Brian Hill 6-1, 219 lbs

Only two backs below 6-0, and both of them were over 200 lbs. Maybe that's more of a coincidence than anything, but I tend to believe it's because it's something the coaches look for.

Here are the sizes of the RBs on the Wyoming roster:
Nico Evans 5-9, 206 lbs
Garrett Gardner 6-0, 205 lbs
Mike Green II 5-11, 205 lbs
Milo Hall 5-8, 190 lbs
Paul Lomanto 6-1, 200 lbs
Kellen Overstreet 5-11, 196 lbs

Again, there seems to be a certain type of RB that's being recruited. Hall is the farthest from this 6-0 and/or 200 lbs prototype (Overstreet not quite there either, but close).

I'm not trying to say Milo Hall isn't talented or that he has no chance at being a starter or a key contributor. I just think it's worth mentioning that he breaks the mold of the type of RB that Bohl and Vigen have ran their offense through over the years. Granted, they haven't really had any athletes like Hall seems to be, so I'm sure some of that 'electric' ability can overcome any size limitations he may have when it comes to being the bell-cow RB in this system.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:43 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:33 pmI think there's a good chance he could end up the starter.
It would be a departure from the typical Craig Bohl/Brent Vigen starting RB. That's the biggest thing that gives me pause at this moment.

Here's the sizes of the primary RBs those guys have used through the years since Vigen became Bohl's OC (min. 100 carries):

Only two backs below 6-0, and both of them were over 200 lbs. Maybe that's more of a coincidence than anything, but I tend to believe it's because it's something the coaches look for.

Nico Evans 5-9, 206 lbs
Milo Hall 5-8, 190 lbs

Again, there seems to be a certain type of RB that's being recruited. Hall is the farthest from this 6-0 and/or 200 lbs prototype (Overstreet not quite there either, but close).

I'm not trying to say Milo Hall isn't talented or that he has no chance at being a starter or a key contributor. I just think it's worth mentioning that he breaks the mold of the type of RB that Bohl and Vigen have ran their offense through over the years. Granted, they haven't really had any athletes like Hall seems to be, so I'm sure some of that 'electric' ability can overcome any size limitations he may have when it comes to being the bell-cow RB in this system.
I didn't intend to get people stuck on who was going to start. I don't care who starts and it doesn't really matter: this season will be running back by committee.

What I should have said, is that he's probably the most talented back in the bunch. I could care less if he starts.

Milo dominated the statistical box score last season in our spring scrimmages. He's doing it again so far this spring.

I think Milo might be the best back in the group that will play this upcoming season.

That's my point.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:32 pmI didn't intend to get people stuck on who was going to start. ....

I think Milo might be the best back in the group that will play this upcoming season.

That's my point.
You're right, and I probably shouldn't have been hung up on that either. I just think Hall will be an interesting study over the next three years since he's such a departure from the typical Bohl/Vigen RB, starting or not.

Initially I figured he would be used situationally in the running, short passing and return game like a RB version of Austin Conway, but I would love if he can develop into something more than that!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Maybe Milo can be that ''change of pace'' back that we've not really had for a long time.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

It's gonna be interesting to see how the opposition defends us this year. Last year, they stacked the box and keyed on Brian Hill. With Josh Allen back there, it hurt them several times. This year, with Josh Allen back and RB by committee, it will be interesting to see what they do. Our RBs might rack up a lot of running yards.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I've been really high on him since last spring game. I agree that we will probably be "starting" at least 2 of the guys (my guess is Overstreet and Milo) but I think Hall will be the most explosive of the bunch. Could be the guy that goes for 150 or more one game and under 50 the next where Overstreet could be the more consistent guy game in and game out. Just my 2 cents
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:43 pm

Nico Evans 5-9, 206 lbs
Milo Hall 5-8, 190 lbs

Kellen Overstreet is now in the 212-215 lb. range.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 pmKellen Overstreet is now in the 212-215 lb. range.
When I put together that list, I noticed the weights were from last fall, but didn't really look farther into what they were in spring ball. After seeing your post, I went to see what I could find on Overstreet's weight according to Coach Bath in a Mar 21 Gags article, KO was between 215-218.

I always had a hunch he could be the type of back who just looks the part in this offense as Hill's successor, and seeing that he put on all that weight makes me all the more confident he'll be the guy.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

With Overstreet size, he should an adequate replacement for Hill/Wick between the tackles. He's a good North/ South guy: reminds me of Terrell Davis.

Milo gives us an entirely different look than we've had in four or five years. He's great going outside the tackles.

I wonder if any of the freshmen backs will play: it seems like we should be able to get some redshirt on our young running backs.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:44 am With Overstreet size, he should an adequate replacement for Hill/Wick between the tackles. He's a good North/ South guy: reminds me of Terrell Davis.

Milo gives us an entirely different look than we've had in four or five years. He's great going outside the tackles.
Hopefully the coaches do things differently than their first year here when the had Wick and DJ May. It seemed like every carry by May was a wasted run up the gut between the tackles despite his obvious speed. But we had Captain Kirk as our QB so it was hard to be positive about any aspect of that offense :tickedoff:

Of course we can't be too predictable, but it seems like our big guys should stay inside and our speed guy should have the freedom to pop it outside. Hopefully that way both Overstreet and Hall can have very productive years for us.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

How's Hall with catching the ball?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

See for yourself.....

National Champions 1943.

I do.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Cowboy Junky wrote:See for yourself.....

Holy smoke, this kid is electric. Thanks Junky, I had no clue how quick or elusive Milo is.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Extremely fast hip movement, you can see it in the run at the 4:28 mark of the video. He has a strong core and can keep momentum through his change of direction. His ability to maintain speed and cut reminds me of Barry Sanders. His leg RPM is also very high, which helps him to create space laterally.

I am interested​ to see what Dennison has done to this kids leg strength. He has potential to be very dangerous behind a seasoned on-line.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

johnywyo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:47 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote:See for yourself.....

Holy smoke, this kid is electric. Thanks Junky, I had no clue how quick or elusive Milo is.

I still don't know if he can catch. Cherry Creek had the same philosophy that we had with Brian Hill. Get the ball in his hands as quickly as possible.

National Champions 1943.

I do.