NCAA Approves December Signing Period

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Looks like the NCAA voted to allow an early signing period for football in December. I think this is good news for schools like Wyoming. It will help us to not get poached later in the process and we'll be able to focus our resources on the targets we really need after the first signing period ends.

NCAA Changes Rules
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Great! This is certainly beneficial to Wyoming.

One thing that I think it will also lead to is...in-season firing and hiring of coaches. Athletic Directors will be compelled to have a the next season's coaching staff in place prior to the early December signing period or risk having a terrible class in the new coaches' first year.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

ALSO IMPORTANT TO WYOMING:

"Prospects will now be able to take official visits during their Junior year. The visit must occur between April and June, while the prospect is not visiting the school for a camp or clinic."

Maybe it is just me, but damn Laramie is so nice in May and June.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Only thing I've wondered about is if some of these players who are holding out hope for a specific offer would wait to sign until the regular signing period. I guess it really wouldn't be any different than it is now, but it just might not universally benefit programs like UW.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I'm sure there will be plenty of kids asking for a release from their letter of intent once the Nebraskas come knocking on their door after their first choice didn't pan out.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

DVDA wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:47 am I'm sure there will be plenty of kids asking for a release from their letter of intent once the Nebraskas come knocking on their door after their first choice didn't pan out.
They can ask all they want, the only way the NCAA grants a release like that is when their is a coaching change after the LOI is signed. No way would they release them just because a bigger school suddenly wants to recruit them.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I like that the buzzards won't be around the day before signing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!