Tanner Gentry

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

This young man deserved a pick. I really believe he can be an Amendola/ Welker type slot receiver in the right system. Perfect fit for Belichick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Him and Hollister both deserved a pick. They'll get picked up as undrafted FAs. We haven't seen the last of them that we can be sure of.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

johnywyo wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:50 pm This young man deserved a pick. I really believe he can be an Amendola/ Welker type slot receiver in the right system. Perfect fit for Belichick.

He's better off as a free agent than being drafted in the 7th.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I hope this isn't just my bias, but I think Tanner is going to make a lot of noise in the NFL.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Tanner definitely has NFL talent and the bears got an absolute steal!

I don't know if this was brought up at the time of the loss or not. Anyway I saw a different angle of tanners highlight reel catch, that sent the game into ot in Vegas. It definitely appears that Tanner steped out of bounds for a couple strides before making that SC top 10 catch.

Shouldn't that have been flagged. I've always been under the assumption that a player can not step out of bounds then be the first to touch the ball.

Not that it takes away from the outcome of the game or Tanners talent at all. Am I misunderstanding the rule some how?
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

poke_addict wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 11:05 pm Tanner definitely has NFL talent and the bears got an absolute steal!

I don't know if this was brought up at the time of the loss or not. Anyway I saw a different angle of tanners highlight reel catch, that sent the game into ot in Vegas. It definitely appears that Tanner steped out of bounds for a couple strides before making that SC top 10 catch.

Shouldn't that have been flagged. I've always been under the assumption that a player can not step out of bounds then be the first to touch the ball.

Not that it takes away from the outcome of the game or Tanners talent at all. Am I misunderstanding the rule some how?
They discussed this during the game. As long as you're forced out you can come back inbounds. They talk about it around the 3:27:00 mark.

https://youtu.be/3-8jfP1c5tw
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Fair enough I remember I had to work at the time and was keeping track on game tracker. Then only saw the highlights later. Didn't know he ever stepped out at all until this past weekend. Anyway can't wait to watch Tanner on Sundays. Kid is a playmaker!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

W-Y, Until I Die!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

johnywyo wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:50 pm This young man deserved a pick. I really believe he can be an Amendola/ Welker type slot receiver in the right system. Perfect fit for Belichick.

Ever notice how white receivers only get compared to white receivers?
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Subcanis wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:27 pm I hope this isn't just my bias, but I think Tanner is going to make a lot of noise in the NFL.
The problem is that the Bears don't have a QB that is reliable in his throws. Hopefully Gentry finds a home there. Maybe he can return punts to add to his value.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

303cowboy wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 7:59 am

Even when they don't fit the same mold? lol
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

wyokoke wrote:
303cowboy wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 7:59 am

Even when they don't fit the same mold? lol
WRM

W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

If you want a white receiver comp for Gentry, it be better to go the Adam Thielen route.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Gentry said he molds himself after Dez he might not be as big as Dez but but he definitely fights as big and makes the same type of acrobatic catches I'm excited to see him get that opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

The Bears did not draft any wide receivers this year.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

CodyPoke wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 2:34 pm Image

The Bears did not draft any wide receivers this year.
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/07/tanner-gentry-nfl/
ImageImageImageImage
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Chiguy
Buckaroo

Sorry for the thread necro, camp is almost here.

Can somebody tell me about him. He doesn't really seem like a Welker or Amendola besides having good hands. He high points the ball more than them from what I saw on the little footage I've seen. Maybe I'm wrong.
Chiguy
Buckaroo

Was one of the best receivers on Day 1, but no pads yet. Connected on a 40 yard pass from Trubisky.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I don't think there's anything specific about Gentry that blew people away in college. He wasn't lights out quick, didn't physically overwhelm anybody, didn't break anybody's ankles with his fakes... Still he somehow always found a way to get open enough, to get his hands on the ball and haul it in even in double coverage, managed to hold on to the ball even when he got hit early, and so on. For somebody who saw the ball a lot, you also hardly ever saw him take his eyes off the ball to worry too early about what he was going to do with it, so there definitely wasn't a lot of drops. If it was catchable, he caught it. Sometimes he caught it even if it wasn't.

I would like to think he has all the "intangibles" for a successful NFL career, even though he's not your typical star athlete. There's something to be said for a guy who never quits, never stops looking for ways to improve, and who makes sure he does everything right every time.