Brian Hill: ‘The Falcons just got the best RB in this draft’

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Former Wyoming running back Brian Hill was not expecting the Atlanta Falcons to select him with the 156th overall pick in the fifth round of the NFL draft Saturday.

“This is a dream come true,” an excited Hill said via phone call. “I didn’t expect the Falcons. No one in the house was expecting the Falcons, but a lot of teams passed on me in this draft. The Falcons just got the best running back in this draft in the fifth round.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/bria ... 2lcx6kCOM/
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

we can hope, congrats BH learn all you can and thanks for everything!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Hill made Devonta Freeman very expendable. With the relatively low cost of Hill and the Falcons love for Tevin Coleman, I could see Freeman being moved before or after the season.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Freeman had 1500+ total yards and 13 TDs last season. I highly doubt a 6th round RB suddenly makes him expendable.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 am Freeman had 1500+ total yards and 13 TDs last season. I highly doubt a 6th round RB suddenly makes him expendable.
It does when Freeman is entering the last year of his rookie contract and set to make much more money under his next contract. Tevin Coleman actually won the starting job over Freeman two years ago but then suffered injury paving the way for Freeman. There were plenty of articles out of ATL that the coaching staff preferred Coleman. Coleman did show flashes of brilliance last year.

It makes sense to draft Hill (a similar runner to Freeman) with the expectation that Freeman's time in ATL may be limited.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 am Freeman had 1500+ total yards and 13 TDs last season. I highly doubt a 6th round RB suddenly makes him expendable.
I don't use twitter but this came from the husband of Freeman's agent (Luther Campbell) on March 8:

"Matt Schaub 9 mil Trufant 14 mil no money left for Freeman looking like a Trade to me."
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Falcon fans are liking what they see with him.
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/ ... e-amazing/
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

https://twitter.com/neilbeckett82/statu ... 7562262528 Hill to be #38 for the Falcons. It's been awesome witnessing his progress from watching his HS hudl highlights to being drafted in the NFL. Don't know how long I can hold off before I buy a jersey haha.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Boy he's entering a stacked backfield. Hopefully he can make the roster and then make some noise.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Saw somewhere that they may try to use him at FB
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Full back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

He will be their 3rd and goal or short yardage back the one thing they don't have in the backfield is power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 9:59 pm He will be their 3rd and goal or short yardage back the one thing they don't have in the backfield is power.

I don't watch a ton of NFL but doesn't Freeman have some decent power?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

wyokoke wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 7:40 am
Wyo2dal wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 9:59 pm He will be their 3rd and goal or short yardage back the one thing they don't have in the backfield is power.

Yes. Freeman is relatively small but will put his head down and get that short yardage first down. Hill is probably more of a conventional third down and short yardage back than Freeman; but Freeman has scored many short yardage touchdowns. Freeman is certainly more shifty and a better receiver than Hill at this point.

No doubt that Atlanta is loaded at the position. But I fully expect one of those RBs to be gone before the start of the 2018 season.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

wyokoke wrote:

Not for that position no, Freeman is quite shifty and has a good eye for hitting the hole but he isn't moving a pile anytime soon.

Hill has better measurables for a power back in basically every category.