Greetings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
RoseCityDuck
Buckaroo

Hello Pokes fans.

First of all, I remember when you guys had Texas in Laramie a few years ago. That's a pretty impressive haul to bring into the MWC. Can't hurt recruiting either.

I'll be the first to say that I'm slightly nervous about our visit this year. I've watched Craig Bohl climb the ladder since his NDSU days and the discipline on his teams is usually second to none. Even though it was his first year, you could start to see improvements on both sides of the ball when you visited Autzen a few years back.

Combine that with a fresh coaching staff at UO and what's guaranteed to be a fever pitch at Memorial Stadium and I think we're in for a fight. Fortunately we are playing after the Nebraska game so can't get caught looking ahead, but I think it'd be about the same either way.

There's a healthy contingent of Ducks living in Denver that should be making their way up - but looking forward to conversing with you guys leading up to the game, especially as we embark on our journey into the Willie Taggart Era.

Peace and Go Ducks
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Should be a fun atmosphere for sure. Pokes are catching the ducks at the right time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
RoseCityDuck
Buckaroo

I want to say last year would have been the right time to catch us, but who knows.

Can't get here fast enough.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Honestly we're pretty happy that the Ducks honored their half of the home-and-home. In recent history we've had some problems getting high profile teams to Laramie on the back end of the series. We usually schedule them on the front end.
RoseCityDuck
Buckaroo

We're no strangers to MWC road opponents - well at least not traditionally.

We used to home-and-home with Fresno State consistently.

Then you remember Boise State.... :oops:

Do we know if this is a night game yet? I assume you draw a ton of fans from the Front Range corridor?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pmDo we know if this is a night game yet? I assume you draw a ton of fans from the Front Range corridor?
5 pm local kickoff
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
RoseCityDuck
Buckaroo

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:30 pm
RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pmDo we know if this is a night game yet? I assume you draw a ton of fans from the Front Range corridor?
5 pm local kickoff
Oh okay. So that gives us about 8 hours to drink.
Jesus
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 9:04 pm
5 pm local kickoff
Jesus
Just something to think about - if you're one of the fans coming over from Eugene, you're going to climb almost 7,000 feet in altitude. Alcohol hits WAY harder in Laramie than close to sea level (there's a reason they warn about this when you fly into Denver). My brother's got 75 lbs on me and he's drunk when I'm starting to feel tipsy whenever he comes to visit even here at mile high in Colorado.

And drink tons of water.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Let's use 7220 to our advantage and for once lets see our Pokes beat a "somebody" for a change, can't wait as big games in Laramie are truly fun
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

We beat two top 25 teams in Laramie just last year but I agree it's been a while since we beat a power 5 team.

Was the last one a win against Tennessee?

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm Hello Pokes fans.

First of all, I remember when you guys had Texas in Laramie a few years ago. That's a pretty impressive haul to bring into the MWC. Can't hurt recruiting either.

I'll be the first to say that I'm slightly nervous about our visit this year. I've watched Craig Bohl climb the ladder since his NDSU days and the discipline on his teams is usually second to none. Even though it was his first year, you could start to see improvements on both sides of the ball when you visited Autzen a few years back.

Combine that with a fresh coaching staff at UO and what's guaranteed to be a fever pitch at Memorial Stadium and I think we're in for a fight. Fortunately we are playing after the Nebraska game so can't get caught looking ahead, but I think it'd be about the same either way.

There's a healthy contingent of Ducks living in Denver that should be making their way up - but looking forward to conversing with you guys leading up to the game, especially as we embark on our journey into the Willie Taggart Era.

Peace and Go Ducks
Thanks for stopping by.

What you think about Brandan Schooler? He took a visit to Wyoming and I thought we were going to get him. Didn't hear anything and next thing I hear he's your starting safety.
wyopoke123
Buckaroo

flew in from new york for the Boise State game. 5PM start for that one as well. and yes the alcohol hits wayyy harder/quicker. (the 2 hour time difference of waking up at 7-8am didnt help either)
RoseCityDuck
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 8:16 am
RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm Hello Pokes fans.

Peace and Go Ducks
Thanks for stopping by.

What you think about Brandan Schooler? He took a visit to Wyoming and I thought we were going to get him. Didn't hear anything and next thing I hear he's your starting safety.
Schooler is definitely getting the reputation for being a ball-hawk. Felt like he was always around any action last year. Should be a leader in our young defense.
RoseCityDuck
Buckaroo

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 10:28 pm
5 pm local kickoff
Jesus
Just something to think about - if you're one of the fans coming over from Eugene, you're going to climb almost 7,000 feet in altitude. Alcohol hits WAY harder in Laramie than close to sea level (there's a reason they warn about this when you fly into Denver). My brother's got 75 lbs on me and he's drunk when I'm starting to feel tipsy whenever he comes to visit even here at mile high in Colorado.

And drink tons of water.
No doubt. I lived in Boulder a few years back, but Laramie could be a totally different animal.
More bang for your buck.

What's the beer of choice out there? I'm very familiar with the Fort Collins scene but totally ignorant to anything north until you hit Bozeman.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 229 times

RoseCityDuck wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:01 am What's the beer of choice out there? I'm very familiar with the Fort Collins scene but totally ignorant to anything north until you hit Bozeman.
Jack Daniels. If you get thirsty you can grab a beer to wash it down.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 7:57 am We beat two top 25 teams in Laramie just last year but I agree it's been a while since we beat a power 5 team.

We beat Tennessee on Rocky Top, for their homecoming.

I think the last BCS team we beat at home was Virginia, and we hammered them with Karsten Sween as the starter. We had 500 yards to barely 100 for them.

I don't consider Virginia a very big name though. Aside from Howwy Long's son, they were a lot like a MWC team.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:48 am
pokefanchaz7 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 7:57 am We beat two top 25 teams in Laramie just last year but I agree it's been a while since we beat a power 5 team.

We beat Tennessee on Rocky Top, for their homecoming.

I think the last BCS team we beat at home was Virginia, and we hammered them with Karsten Sween as the starter. We had 500 yards to barely 100 for them.

I don't consider Virginia a very big name though. Aside from Howwy Long's son, they were a lot like a MWC team.
Didn't they end up ranked in the top 25 that year? I think I remember that. they were no push-over.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

RoseCityDuck wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:01 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 10:28 pm
5 pm local kickoff
Jesus

And drink tons of water.
No doubt. I lived in Boulder a few years back, but Laramie could be a totally different animal.
More bang for your buck.

What's the beer of choice out there? I'm very familiar with the Fort Collins scene but totally ignorant to anything north until you hit Bozeman.
There are a couple breweries in Laramie: The Library, Altitude, and Coal Creek. Different people here have differing opinions about which ones they like but The Library is the best one. Right downtown about a block from the Altitude so you can check both out.
As far as other Wyoming beers you will probably see quite a few out of Black Tooth Brewing out of Sheridan. I really like their brown.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

TSpoke wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 12:08 pm Didn't they end up ranked in the top 25 that year? I think I remember that. they were no push-over.
First off, the Virginia win was in 2007 and the Tennessee upset in Knoxville on Homecoming was in 2008 (Glenn's last year as HC).

Virginia finished 9-4 (6-2 in ACC play) in 2007.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Virg ... m#Schedule

We were the only OOC opponent they had, prior to their bowl game, that they lost to that year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
RoseCityDuck
Buckaroo

Nice. I'm pretty sure I've had Black Tooth Brewing before.

And I remember when you guys beat Tennessee. Was that still Joe Glenn, or was he long gone?