Greetings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

RoseCityDuck wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 2:47 pm Nice. I'm pretty sure I've had Black Tooth Brewing before.

And I remember when you guys beat Tennessee. Was that still Joe Glenn, or was he long gone?
That was Joe Glenn. Along with the help of our offensive lineman turned quarterback Chris Stutzreim.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

RoseCityDuck wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 2:47 pm Nice. I'm pretty sure I've had Black Tooth Brewing before.

And I remember when you guys beat Tennessee. Was that still Joe Glenn, or was he long gone?
Glenn was still our coach until the year after we beat Tennessee.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Wyokie wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Not correct. Glenn was fired at the end of the same year after we beat Tennessee (2008). We beat Tennessee, lost to UNLV and CSU and then Glenn was fired.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

IMHO they're the best in the state. Their amber and brown are great, I've heard the same with the IPA though I'm not much of an IPA guy. And some of the bars will have their smaller release ones that aren't as wide and only available on tap. For Laramie specifically I'd personally recommend Library brews
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

RoseCityDuck wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:01 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 10:28 pm
RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 9:04 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:30 pm
RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pmDo we know if this is a night game yet? I assume you draw a ton of fans from the Front Range corridor?
5 pm local kickoff
Oh okay. So that gives us about 8 hours to drink.
Jesus
Just something to think about - if you're one of the fans coming over from Eugene, you're going to climb almost 7,000 feet in altitude. Alcohol hits WAY harder in Laramie than close to sea level (there's a reason they warn about this when you fly into Denver). My brother's got 75 lbs on me and he's drunk when I'm starting to feel tipsy whenever he comes to visit even here at mile high in Colorado.

And drink tons of water.
No doubt. I lived in Boulder a few years back, but Laramie could be a totally different animal.
More bang for your buck.

What's the beer of choice out there? I'm very familiar with the Fort Collins scene but totally ignorant to anything north until you hit Bozeman.
Melvin Brewing and Snake River Brewing are not widely available outside of Wyoming, and you can't skip those. Melvin 2x4 is easily the best beer brewed in Wyoming.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 43 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 4:17 pm
Wyokie wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Not correct. Glenn was fired at the end of the same year after we beat Tennessee (2008). We beat Tennessee, lost to UNLV and CSU and then Glenn was fired.
RATS!!! You're right. Accidently had my dates wrong. I had done a post about our wins against UVA and Tennessee earlier in this thread then, later when I did my above post, I accidently mixed up my dates (years). :oops:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 2:58 pm

That was Joe Glenn. Along with the help of our offensive lineman turned quarterback Chris Stutzreim.
I figured beating Tennessee in Tennessee would secure Joe for a few more years. I was way wrong. Not to beat a dead horse, but I'd love to see what he could have done with the $$$ resources that ol' DC had.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

GoPokes86 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 4:48 pm
RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pmDo we know if this is a night game yet? I assume you draw a ton of fans from the Front Range corridor?
5 pm local kickoff
Jesus
Just something to think about - if you're one of the fans coming over from Eugene, you're going to climb almost 7,000 feet in altitude. Alcohol hits WAY harder in Laramie than close to sea level (there's a reason they warn about this when you fly into Denver). My brother's got 75 lbs on me and he's drunk when I'm starting to feel tipsy whenever he comes to visit even here at mile high in Colorado.

And drink tons of water.
No doubt. I lived in Boulder a few years back, but Laramie could be a totally different animal.
More bang for your buck.

What's the beer of choice out there? I'm very familiar with the Fort Collins scene but totally ignorant to anything north until you hit Bozeman.
Melvin Brewing and Snake River Brewing are not widely available outside of Wyoming, and you can't skip those. Melvin 2x4 is easily the best beer brewed in Wyoming.
This +1000. Just started drinking Melvin in the last 6-8 months, but I am definitely a fan. 2X4 is pretty damn tasty (if you like IPAs) and strong as hell (9.9%). Citradamus is a citrus double IPA and also strong (9.5%) and tasty. Their normal IPA is good as well. A definite must try.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

GoPokes86 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 4:48 pm
5 pm local kickoff
Jesus

And drink tons of water.
More bang for your buck.

Yeah forgot to mention Melvin. Their lineups of IPA/pales are amazing. Hubert is great and 2x4 is one of the best IPA's in the nation.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

wyokoke wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 4:39 pm

IMHO they're the best in the state. Their amber and brown are great, I've heard the same with the IPA though I'm not much of an IPA guy. And some of the bars will have their smaller release ones that aren't as wide and only available on tap. For Laramie specifically I'd personally recommend Library brews
Saddle Bronc is damn good. Their sour is also pretty tasty. Ever tried Ten Sleep? Their Speed Goat is probably my favorite in the state.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

wyokoke wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Wet garbage. In a dirty glass. Served by some asshole who is too busy trying to f-word off than take care of people at the bar. Consistently poop is what comes to mind when somebody mentions that place.

:twocents:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I know most on this board disagree, but Coal Creek serves the best beer in Laramie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 104 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:53 pm I know most on this board disagree, but Coal Creek serves the best beer in Laramie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree. Those guys know their stuff!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

In Laramie at one point I would have said the Library maybe 10 years ago. Does altitude's still do their own brewing?; I love that pumpkin ale.

Of course here in Pinedale I was sad to see Wind River Brewing move to Evanston. So I mainly pickup anything blacktooth when I can. Great place to visit if you are in Sheridan.

The brewery in Gillette puts out some surprisingly good stuff. Looking forward to Lander brewfest in a few weeks.
I'm good for 3!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm Hello Pokes fans.

First of all, I remember when you guys had Texas in Laramie a few years ago. That's a pretty impressive haul to bring into the MWC. Can't hurt recruiting either.

I'll be the first to say that I'm slightly nervous about our visit this year. I've watched Craig Bohl climb the ladder since his NDSU days and the discipline on his teams is usually second to none. Even though it was his first year, you could start to see improvements on both sides of the ball when you visited Autzen a few years back.

Combine that with a fresh coaching staff at UO and what's guaranteed to be a fever pitch at Memorial Stadium and I think we're in for a fight. Fortunately we are playing after the Nebraska game so can't get caught looking ahead, but I think it'd be about the same either way.

There's a healthy contingent of Ducks living in Denver that should be making their way up - but looking forward to conversing with you guys leading up to the game, especially as we embark on our journey into the Willie Taggart Era.

Peace and Go Ducks
Thanks for stopping by. With all due respect, you should be slightly nervous seeing as your team is probably going to lose this game. You have a great recent history, but you're a little down right now. You should have bought your way out of this one. Going to be a long season again for the ducks.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

as your team is probably going to lose this game
Let's not put the cart before the horse. Every time this fanbase gets cocky, we eat so much crow.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

RoseCityDuck wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm Hello Pokes fans.

First of all, I remember when you guys had Texas in Laramie a few years ago. That's a pretty impressive haul to bring into the MWC. Can't hurt recruiting either.

I'll be the first to say that I'm slightly nervous about our visit this year. I've watched Craig Bohl climb the ladder since his NDSU days and the discipline on his teams is usually second to none. Even though it was his first year, you could start to see improvements on both sides of the ball when you visited Autzen a few years back.

Combine that with a fresh coaching staff at UO and what's guaranteed to be a fever pitch at Memorial Stadium and I think we're in for a fight. Fortunately we are playing after the Nebraska game so can't get caught looking ahead, but I think it'd be about the same either way.

There's a healthy contingent of Ducks living in Denver that should be making their way up - but looking forward to conversing with you guys leading up to the game, especially as we embark on our journey into the Willie Taggart Era.

Peace and Go Ducks
Forgot to say, I'm a big fan of your new coach and he will get you back to the top again, but his style is a slow build. You'll probably be bowl eligible this season, but you won't be challenging for the title.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:03 am
Let's not put the cart before the horse. Every time this fanbase gets cocky, we eat so much crow.
I'm not trying to be too cocky, but last season these guys weren't even the best team in their own state, and half the fan base didn't want this new coach (he'll prove them wrong). They're full of talent, but I feel they'll be in a state of flux this year. In 2018 they'll be back up to 10 wins and challenging for the title. I feel this year's Oregon team should be slightly worried about every game, not just the Wyoming game.
RoseCityDuck
Buckaroo

cowboyz wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:13 am
I'm not trying to be too cocky, but last season these guys weren't even the best team in their own state, and half the fan base didn't want this new coach (he'll prove them wrong). They're full of talent, but I feel they'll be in a state of flux this year. In 2018 they'll be back up to 10 wins and challenging for the title. I feel this year's Oregon team should be slightly worried about every game, not just the Wyoming game.
Well sure, that's why I opened with what I did.

Were we better than Oregon State last year? The scoreboard don't lie. But yeah, I legit think we were. We were plagued with a coaching staff that couldn't give a rat's ass about conditioning nor fundamentals.

If we have a coaching staff that has a lick's worth of discipline, mixed with the talent we return on offense - specifically Herbert, our now veteran O-line, receivers Carrington - and a stable of running backs as we always seem to have - I think we roll through Laramie. That's a big if. I'm sorry to say that. Probably tainted by P5 vs G5 cockiness as we always usually are, but I've followed both teams for several years.

You have a proven coach, a proven QB and I'm so excited to see Memorial Stadium jacked for this one.

If the Pokes win though, it will be a nailbiter.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

RoseCityDuck wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 12:58 am
cowboyz wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:13 am
Well sure, that's why I opened with what I did.

Were we better than Oregon State last year? The scoreboard don't lie. But yeah, I legit think we were. We were plagued with a coaching staff that couldn't give a rat's ass about conditioning nor fundamentals.

If we have a coaching staff that has a lick's worth of discipline, mixed with the talent we return on offense - specifically Herbert, our now veteran O-line, receivers Carrington - and a stable of running backs as we always seem to have - I think we roll through Laramie. That's a big if. I'm sorry to say that. Probably tainted by P5 vs G5 cockiness as we always usually are, but I've followed both teams for several years.

You have a proven coach, a proven QB and I'm so excited to see Memorial Stadium jacked for this one.

If the Pokes win though, it will be a nailbiter.
I bet there's going to be a lot of Ducks fans paying attention to how Wyoming performs on the road at Iowa. If we pull off a W in that game I'd put $100 on War Memorial being sold out for Oregon.