War Memorial Beer Garden

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Found this while browsing for jobs to bid. Can't be anything too big since they're starting this late. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

http://trib.com/ads/community/announcem ... 40c92.html
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

First I have heard of it. Which of course makes it appear that it is thrown together at the last minute. Probably a real quality addition. We can't do it up right, just on the cheap.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

I'll see if I can get a hold of the drawings.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Make it happen, it'll pay for itself after a few 100 beers/wines sold, lol
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

I have seen the "drawings" if you want to call them that. Going to be located under / beneath / around the south end zone scoreboard...limiting your view of the field. I see it as a decent attempt, and better than nothing, but it should have been done as a rooftop deck in the north end zone on top of the RAC / HAPC, with great views of the entire field, stadium, and large south scoreboard.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Does anyone know if this will be the only place that sells beer? Or will the concession stands have it as well.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

303cowboy wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:51 am Does anyone know if this will be the only place that sells beer? Or will the concession stands have it as well.
There will be quite a few outlets to buy beer...not just in the trees under the scoreboard. Both upper decks, both lower decks, multiples of each.
Dear Karma,

303cowboy
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:56 am
303cowboy wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:51 am Does anyone know if this will be the only place that sells beer? Or will the concession stands have it as well.
There will be quite a few outlets to buy beer...not just in the trees under the scoreboard. Both upper decks, both lower decks, multiples of each.
Good, that would have been a nightmare!
303cowboy
Cowpoke

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

I have it on pretty good authority that Black Tooth is going to be the official beer vendor at WMS.
ImageImageImageImage
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

I have heard that the vendor is Roxie's.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

MrTitleist wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 1:21 pm I have it on pretty good authority that Black Tooth is going to be the official beer vendor at WMS.
Excellent! Can't imagine a better choice for Wyoming.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 2:03 pm
MrTitleist wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 1:21 pm I have it on pretty good authority that Black Tooth is going to be the official beer vendor at WMS.
Excellent! Can't imagine a better choice for Wyoming.
SO AWESOME!! Their beer is really good and a Wyoming brand!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Vendor, no. Product present, yes.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 1:35 pm I have heard that the vendor is Roxie's.
Correct.
Dear Karma,

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The stadium sure is going to look different this fall.

Both end zones will have a different look, as will the councources with new beer lines.

I heard the exterior of the HAPC will be finished before football season. That should look really nice next to the new AA entrance.

Does anyone know where the Memorial is going to end up? I thought it was going to move to the south end zone. Is that the same now that the beer garden is going in the south end zone?

This year should be a blast at War Memorial.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

It finally leaked. This was the other project I had referred to in another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:The stadium sure is going to look different this fall.

Both end zones will have a different look, as will the councources with new beer lines.

I heard the exterior of the HAPC will be finished before football season. That should look really nice next to the new AA entrance.

Does anyone know where the Memorial is going to end up? I thought it was going to move to the south end zone. Is that the same now that the beer garden is going in the south end zone?

This year should be a blast at War Memorial.
It has already moved. Right next to the entrance to the IPF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snowpoke
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:49 am I have seen the "drawings" if you want to call them that. Going to be located under / beneath / around the south end zone scoreboard...limiting your view of the field. I see it as a decent attempt, and better than nothing, but it should have been done as a rooftop deck in the north end zone on top of the RAC / HAPC, with great views of the entire field, stadium, and large south scoreboard.
I think the South endzone has the potential to be a great first step. I've seen some pro ball parks do similar things. One plus is it is adding revenue to square footage that was zero revenue before. May get more people into games that wouldn't otherwise go. If there is a cheap ticket section, folks may buy those and go straight to the beer garden to watch the game. Has the potential to be successful. Easy to implement quickly.

Then, I agree that next step should be a nicer, more thought-out venue with good visibility. Roof-top N. endzone would be sweet.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. The memorial works by the IPF. That puts it in the epicenter of a bunch of sweet looking new facilities. That space between the IPF, the AA, and the HAPC is the driveway to Wyoming athletics. That was a good idea to put the memorial out there.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.