Athlon Ranks all FBS Programs

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

..and you won't believe where Wyoming lands!

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... teams-2017

Alright, you probably will believe. I think that overall it's reasonable, even though CSU is far too high up on the list. Usually these lists have Pokes between 90 and 120, so I suppose this is a solid step up being only one season removed from 2-10.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

That's not surprising to be honest. It's going to take more than 1 good season to get national media to think we are anything more than a flash in the pan. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had put us in the 80's, 70's isn't half bad.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Too much CSU love. smh
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:17 pm Too much CSU love. smh
Definitely agree...just shows you that SEC bias by having Bobo as their coach.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

I don't know...CSewe fans think they're going undefeated next year. Apparently a new stadium wins football games. Never mind their season finale against Idaho.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Phil Steele has CSU winning the division. Sheep hype train is off and running.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

J-Rod wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:59 pm Phil Steele has CSU winning the division. Sheep hype train is off and running.
Might actually be a blessing in disguise. Gives the Pokes some extra motivation, and the Sheep fans will build up expectations that should be shattered completely before they even play us.

Hopefully, at least.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I just don't know what CSU's success is supposed to be predicated on. Bobo has underachieved with decent players so we know their coaching isn't good. Their d sucked and not much changes there for them. They laid an egg in every single meaningful big game last year. They did play well against their cupcakes and in games that had absolutely no meaning from a championship standpoint. It's going to be fun watching the sheep meltdown this year
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:26 am I just don't know what CSU's success is supposed to be predicated on. Bobo has underachieved with decent players so we know their coaching isn't good. Their d sucked and not much changes there for them. They laid an egg in every single meaningful big game last year. They did play well against their cupcakes and in games that had absolutely no meaning from a championship standpoint. It's going to be fun watching the sheep meltdown this year
A lot of this is true. Really, it's cause they ripped SDSU's nuts off at Qualcomm and averaged some ridiculous point total to close the season.

But it's a little surprising. Some daring to bust out 11-1 talk. Either way, this year's Border War should be fun.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:36 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:26 am I just don't know what CSU's success is supposed to be predicated on. Bobo has underachieved with decent players so we know their coaching isn't good. Their d sucked and not much changes there for them. They laid an egg in every single meaningful big game last year. They did play well against their cupcakes and in games that had absolutely no meaning from a championship standpoint. It's going to be fun watching the sheep meltdown this year
A lot of this is true. Really, it's cause they ripped SDSU's nuts off at Qualcomm and averaged some ridiculous point total to close the season.

But it's a little surprising. Some daring to bust out 11-1 talk. Either way, this year's Border War should be fun.
Agree about the Border War. And also do not understand the CSU hype. Our young Cowboys beat the snot out of them on the road last year. It must be the SDSU game....because it wasn't the Idaho game. :lol:

Go Pokes!!
MinnesotaPoke
Buckaroo

I think alot of it is based on the Stevens - Gallup connection. They showed late in year that it's an explosive, legitimate threat. Gallup definitely is a game-changer.

But that still leaves 20 other players on the field to compete. I like the Poke's chances at home against the ewes.

GO POKES!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:14 am Agree about the Border War. And also do not understand the CSU hype. Our young Cowboys beat the snot out of them on the road last year. It must be the SDSU game....because it wasn't the Idaho game. :lol:

Go Pokes!!
It is funny how the media is giving them a pass for that game.

"They closed the season on a hot streak!"

They closed by losing to the only program in the history of college football to elect to drop down a classification to the FCS level. I don't care how well Idaho played, that's embarrassing.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

it sucks to be a CSU Ram
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 pm
JimmyDimes wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:14 am Agree about the Border War. And also do not understand the CSU hype. Our young Cowboys beat the snot out of them on the road last year. It must be the SDSU game....because it wasn't the Idaho game. :lol:

Go Pokes!!
It is funny how the media is giving them a pass for that game.

"They closed the season on a hot streak!"

They closed by losing to the only program in the history of college football to elect to drop down a classification to the FCS level. I don't care how well Idaho played, that's embarrassing.
I almost tried to defend that statement, but then I realized I'd be sticking up for the ewes. No thanks!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 7 times

CSU is going to get destroyed 2 in the non-conference schedule.
LaradiseCowboy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:07 pm I don't know...CSewe fans think they're going undefeated next year. Apparently a new stadium wins football games. Never mind their season finale against Idaho.