Anyone going to the Iowa game?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
coachweidner
Buckaroo

Just wondering where other Cowboy fans have their tickets that are going to the Iowa game? Looking at getting tickets and making the trip down from Green Bay and would like to be around other Poke fans.
Thanks.
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

Taking 4. Not really sure where our seats are, but I bought them through UW, so I'm guessing we will be in an corner with most other poke fans....lol
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

I am bringing 25. However 4 or 5 of them are Iowa fans. The other other 20 are Iowa state fans and will be cheering for the cowboys. I went home to Laramie this summer and bought all of them cowboy tshirts. Iowa's offensive line will be very good. But running backs and defensive backs will all be new for them. I'm optimistic. I was at kinnick when ndsu beat them last year. Hoping our boys will take em down. Go Pokes.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I'll be there!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I’m bringing 12-14. Flying from Cheyenne into Chicago and meeting all my family there, driving over to Iowa City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KnightHawk21
Buckaroo

Dutchnation wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:08 pm I am bringing 25. However 4 or 5 of them are Iowa fans. The other other 20 are Iowa state fans and will be cheering for the cowboys. I went home to Laramie this summer and bought all of them cowboy tshirts. Iowa's offensive line will be very good. But running backs and defensive backs will all be new for them. I'm optimistic. I was at kinnick when ndsu beat them last year. Hoping our boys will take em down. Go Pokes.
You might want to check out Akrum Wadley.

Also Google James Butler highlights from Nevada.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I'll be there. It will be a stopover from my trip to Wyoming to see the eclipse and do a lot of fly fishing!
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'll be there, going with some folks that have Iowa season tickets, so we will be a long ways from Pokes fans.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'm there +6, unsure where bought thru UW, gotta drive all night to make a stupid 11am CDT kickoff time, oh well at least it's a 3 day weekend, CMON POKES GET THIS DONE
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

Ok. I'll check him out. But do me a favor. And check out the Wyoming vs Nevada game last year. James Butler is average.

KnightHawk21 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:56 pm
Dutchnation wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:08 pm I am bringing 25. However 4 or 5 of them are Iowa fans. The other other 20 are Iowa state fans and will be cheering for the cowboys. I went home to Laramie this summer and bought all of them cowboy tshirts. Iowa's offensive line will be very good. But running backs and defensive backs will all be new for them. I'm optimistic. I was at kinnick when ndsu beat them last year. Hoping our boys will take em down. Go Pokes.

KnightHawk21
Buckaroo

Gotta say, if he averages 5.2 ypc with 2 TDs against you guys again, I'll take that. Also had six catches at 7 yards a pop.

Keep in mind he'll be running behind a much better OL than he was last year.

He'll be a good change of pace back for Wadley and take some of the workload off him. We do have two other backs behind them in Young and Akinribade. Been a while since there's been this much depth.

Good luck and hope you all have a great time in IC. Fun town with a good venue at Kinnick.

Dutchnation wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 am Ok. I'll check him out. But do me a favor. And check out the Wyoming vs Nevada game last year. James Butler is average.

wyopig
Ranch Hand

Dutchnation wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 am Ok. I'll check him out. But do me a favor. And check out the Wyoming vs Nevada game last year. James Butler is average.

James Butler destroyed us last year. While I think McNichols was the best RB Wyoming faced last year, Butler had the best game against us. He was exceptionally underrated because his team sucked. All the spotlight was on Hill, Pumphrey, and McNichols because their teams were frontrunners.

Iowa's OL and RB's are going to be a gigantic handful for the Pokes. Generally, we'll have to sellout to stop the run and see if their 1st year QB can throw the ball on us.

I think this game has a chance to be a much higher scoring game than either coach would like. Iowa will be breaking in 4 new DB's against one of the best QB's in the nation, and they're returning the best O-line in CFB along with a couple 1000+ yard RB's. I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out. I'm expecting a very competitive game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Is it September yet, man I can't wait!!!