CSU will be extra super pissed about Wyoming's Colorado talent this season.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Kevin Prosser, Austin Conway, Milo Hall, and Elijah Halliburton are poised to have big years for Wyoming this season.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how you can't identify their talent just from watching tape, but Wyoming beat CSU to these athletes. CSU is going to regret it.

I can't wait until sheep week, when I get to read the threads on CSU Ramblings entitled,

"How and the hell did ______ end up at Wyoming?"
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

Those assholes are SUPER excited for the season. I almost feel sorry for them when the inevitable 6-6 season happens and they are playing in Idaho again. You can't stop mediocrity when Bobo is your coach. Nah, I don't almost feel sorry for those douche bags, not one bit.

They are so happy for their new stadium. I don't get the whole no parking lot thing though. You would think that 80 years of stadium building would dictate that maybe you should have a parking lot next to your stadium would have come up.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Where is everyone going to park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

The "no parking" criticism is pretty weak. Plenty of big schools have less parking than CSU.
Their teams, fans, coaches, colors, and mascot all suck. But their stadium truly is nice.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sanfo ... 83.3733813

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bryan ... 87.5503836
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Talk about a world class cluster f-word, this is from the Coloradoan - "CSU is opening most of the lots on campus to permitted parking on game days, with those closest to the stadium requiring annual donations on top of the season parking fee of $100. Some lots adjacent to residence halls will be used for game-day parking, requiring students with permits for those lots to move their vehicles to other lots on campus the night before home games. The re-parking requirements will be spelled out in the contracts students sign when purchasing parking permits for residence halls, school officials said.

General admission parking will be limited to a handful of lots near the edges of campus and the South Campus area near the school's tennis courts and Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Free shuttle-bus service from the South Campus lots to the stadium will be available.

Surrounding neighborhoods will be off-limits to non-residents and their guests on game days, with permits required and fines starting at $100 for violations."
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

cali2wyo wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:41 am The "no parking" criticism is pretty weak. Plenty of big schools have less parking than CSU.
Their teams, fans, coaches, colors, and mascot all suck. But their stadium truly is nice.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sanfo ... 83.3733813

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bryan ... 87.5503836
The same goes for Camp Randall Stadium in Madison. There are a few parking lots adjacent to the stadium (just to the North and South), but they are ONLY for administrators, coaches and game day personnel come Saturdays.

Camp Randall Stadium
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

to summarize it all, it ALWAYS sucks to be a CSU Ram
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I've seen several of their fans suggest 8-4 is the worst case scenario for them. Must be nice!

Yes, yes...they blew out SDSU. Impressive game. They still finished 7-6 and got destroyed by Idaho. I'm growing skeptical as together they can do this hype justice.

The Border War will be fun this year. Both fan bases think they'll be the poop this fall. Neither is accepting disappointment. That game better be on ESPN.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:21 am I've seen several of their fans suggest 8-4 is the worst case scenario for them. Must be nice!

Yes, yes...they blew out SDSU. Impressive game. They still finished 7-6 and got destroyed by Idaho. I'm growing skeptical as together they can do this hype justice.

The Border War will be fun this year. Both fan bases think they'll be the poop this fall. Neither is accepting disappointment. That game better be on ESPN.
I'm sooo there and glad its in November when it should be!!! Beeeet the Sheeep
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

According to many CSewe fans there's no way we beat them in the Border War this season. They're also going to host the CCG. Stupid sheep.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

elfletcho wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:43 am Those assholes are SUPER excited for the season. I almost feel sorry for them when the inevitable 6-6 season happens and they are playing in Idaho again. You can't stop mediocrity when Bobo is your coach. Nah, I don't almost feel sorry for those douche bags, not one bit.

They are so happy for their new stadium. I don't get the whole no parking lot thing though. You would think that 80 years of stadium building would dictate that maybe you should have a parking lot next to your stadium would have come up.
They're always excited for the season. Then they'll get pounded by CU, pounded by Alabama, pounded by Wyoming and suddenly the novelty of the new stadium will wear off.

I already saw that they're lying about attendance. The school announced 10 K for the stadium walk through they had the other day and then "magically" that number became 21 K.

Right now they're realizing that the 41,000 capacity they've been lying to everyone about was just that: a lie. They sold out their first game and the capacity is 36.5 K.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:That game better be on ESPN.
It's on "CBS Sports".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Hate to break this to you: many stadiums have next to no parking. Mile high stadium has no lot. Neither does CU. Air Force parking is a mile away. As to recruiting, csewe seems to not care about recruiting Colorado anymore. I'm guessing having a coach from the SEC has something to do with it.

As to a prior post stating csewe will go 6-6, I'll bet any amount of money that they do better than that. We've got our own problems to deal with - like giving up nearly 70 pts to mighty Vegas.

Don't get me wrong. I'm hopeful for this year. But our division looks stronger this year than in a long time.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Do you know who is going to be good this year? Wyoming. This team, who won the Mountain division, is only getting better. And they look the part. New roster with updated weights was released yesterday. We definitely have more size and depth as I can remember. Fvck CSU...Go Pokes!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

The division might be stronger, but so is Wyoming. This is gonna be a hell of a dog fight.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

According to most CSU fans, they've never lost a recruiting battle to Wyoming for a Colorado kid.

Bohl is kicking Bobo's ass in Colorado and has established a pipeline on elite athleticism coming out of the Denver area.

I have a feeling this years battle has a chance to be extremely painful for CSU fans to watch as it's likely that Milo Hall, Elijah Halliburton, Kevin Prosser, and Austin Conway are going to be vital for us stomping CSU's ass again.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Hooray, Beeet the Sheeep
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:01 am Hate to break this to you: many stadiums have next to no parking. Mile high stadium has no lot. Neither does CU. Air Force parking is a mile away. As to recruiting, csewe seems to not care about recruiting Colorado anymore. I'm guessing having a coach from the SEC has something to do with it.

As to a prior post stating csewe will go 6-6, I'll bet any amount of money that they do better than that. We've got our own problems to deal with - like giving up nearly 70 pts to mighty Vegas.

Don't get me wrong. I'm hopeful for this year. But our division looks stronger this year than in a long time.
I think it is actually good that CSU finally has its stadium. It looks like a fine place - and looking ahead to the Iowa game and after walking for several miles in Lincoln last year, it seems that most stadiums are plagued with parking issues.

I don't buy into the CSU hype that it is the nicest stadium in the country. I think it is a bit funny that they have repeatedly overstated the seating capacity at 41,000+ and only recently related that it will actually only hold 36,000. Typical of CSU lately.

I think the CSU game will be a dogfight this season as Stevens is far better than the punk we played last year (which shows that Bobo may have a ways to go before he can even come close to being able to evaluate and grow talent like Bohl).

I hate CSU more than most anything in this world - they are on par with the fat kid running North Korea. They make a lot of noise and talk without any RECENT history of actually backing their talk up. It is one game on our very tough schedule that I will start to dwell on several weeks before it actually takes place. But I am really excited for my Cowboys to take the field in the meantime (and after that game). To me, there would be nothing greater than to beat Iowa and have Gameday in little old Laramie, with us getting amazing pub while they sit in Fart Colons wondering if they bet on the right horse (Bobo? stadium? etc.).
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

LawPoke wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:27 am
bladerunnr wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:01 am Hate to break this to you: many stadiums have next to no parking. Mile high stadium has no lot. Neither does CU. Air Force parking is a mile away. As to recruiting, csewe seems to not care about recruiting Colorado anymore. I'm guessing having a coach from the SEC has something to do with it.

I think it is actually good that CSU finally has its stadium. It looks like a fine place - and looking ahead to the Iowa game and after walking for several miles in Lincoln last year, it seems that most stadiums are plagued with parking issues.

I don't buy into the CSU hype that it is the nicest stadium in the country. I think it is a bit funny that they have repeatedly overstated the seating capacity at 41,000+ and only recently related that it will actually only hold 36,000. Typical of CSU lately.

I think the CSU game will be a dogfight this season as Stevens is far better than the punk we played last year (which shows that Bobo may have a ways to go before he can even come close to being able to evaluate and grow talent like Bohl).

I hate CSU more than most anything in this world - they are on par with the fat kid running North Korea. They make a lot of noise and talk without any RECENT history of actually backing their talk up. It is one game on our very tough schedule that I will start to dwell on several weeks before it actually takes place. But I am really excited for my Cowboys to take the field in the meantime (and after that game). To me, there would be nothing greater than to beat Iowa and have Gameday in little old Laramie, with us getting amazing pub while they sit in Fart Colons wondering if they bet on the right horse (Bobo? stadium? etc.).
Yeah, that massive debt load for 3000 more seats is the reason CSU is lying. That's hard to accept, even if they're maximizing revenue streams with the new digs.

They had better hope that that stadium sells out every game. If it's similar to last years attendance, the anti stadium crowd in Fort Collins will go poop.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Did CSU profile their revenues from stadium income using 41k capacity or 36k? Did they make the assumption that they would meet revenue projections with 36k every game? Over a season, that is a lot of ticket revenue that they "overshot"...