Barrel Man

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

What do you think of Cowboy Ken the Barrel Man

Poll ended at Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 pm

He's a great Cowboy football icon who makes Wyoming faithful proud
55%
He's an embarrassment to the fans and program and cheap Bronco knock-off
15%
Whatever, no big deal
30%

Total votes: 47
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I think he's a great fan and we need more fans with as much dedication.

I did vote for knock off of Barrel Man from the Broncos, although I don't think he's an embarrassment.

It just seems tacky that he didn't come up with an original idea, and blatantly ripped off another fans idea.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:03 pm I think he's a great fan and we need more fans with as much dedication.

I did vote for knock off of Barrel Man from the Broncos, although I don't think he's an embarrassment.

It just seems tacky that he didn't come up with an original idea, and blatantly ripped off another fans idea.
So I guess you think Rag Time Cowboy Joe is tacky and a blatant rip off also?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:38 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:03 pm I think he's a great fan and we need more fans with as much dedication.

I guess I don't know what you speak of in reference to Rag Time Cowboy Joe, unless that's a reference to the Okie State mascot that we ripped off.

None of that changes the fact that Barrel Man stole the idea from a Denver Broncos fan and then painted the barrel gold.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:58 pm

I guess I don't know what you speak of in reference to Rag Time Cowboy Joe, unless that's a reference to the Okie State mascot that we ripped off.

None of that changes the fact that Barrel Man stole the idea from a Denver Broncos fan and then painted the barrel gold.
No this rip off.
http://www.exelana.com/lyrics/RagtimeCowboyJoe.html
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Referring to our fight song. Our fight song is not original.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

At least it's original to football and fight songs.

Barrel man stole his idea from a football fan 2 hours south of us.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:01 pm At least it's original to football and fight songs.

LOL, no it isn't.

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php? ... wboy%20Joe
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

We stoled it from the Chipmunks. LOL

https://youtu.be/1KjNQNHYWUs
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

It is a half-naked man in a barrel enjoying himself and the attention at a football game.

If you consider him an "icon", you are taking it far too seriously. If you consider him an embarrassment, you are taking it far too seriously.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:12 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:01 pm At least it's original to football and fight songs.

LOL, no it isn't.

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php? ... wboy%20Joe
Yeah, no other college or football team uses it as their fight song. I'm not saying that we didn't rip that off too, because we did, just like the OKState mascot.

Ken the unoriginal idea thief ripped off an idea that anyone that attended a Broncos game during the last 30 years at Mile High.......

Either way, that doesn't make Ken any less of a fan, it just makes him an unoriginal thief of another fans idea.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The fact that calling someone Bucket Man instead of Barrel Man was annoying so many people is borderline laughable. Who cares!

Who cares that there's another guy in a barrel at Broncos games!
Who cares that the fight song isn't original!
Who cares that another fan wasn't a fourth-generation Cowboys fan since birth!

Seriously, I've seen fellow Wyoming fans get annoyed by some of the dumbest things!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

If he finds joy in it and if other people do too, then great! He certainly isn't harming anyone so I don't understand the negativity. Personally not my cup of tea, but by all means go for it!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 am The fact that calling someone Bucket Man instead of Barrel Man was annoying so many people is borderline laughable. Who cares!

Seriously, I've seen fellow Wyoming fans get annoyed by some of the dumbest things!
Exactly, who gives a poop, he's a fan and we need A LOT more Kens.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 am The fact that calling someone Bucket Man instead of Barrel Man was annoying so many people is borderline laughable. Who cares!

Like I said, I think Ken is a great Wyoming fan. There's no doubt where his passion lies. That doesn't change the fact that he had to steal someone elses idea. That's reality.

I don't care that the fight song was taken from someone else. We're the only college to use it, so it's at least unique to other colleges.

Your other comment must be directed at me questioning your sudden appearance as a Wyoming fan when Craig Bohl took the job here. That's not fiction either. It's reality. You arrived on the scene when Bohl did. We'll see if you stay when Bohl moves along. Either way, we need all the Wyoming fans we can get, even ones that start up negative Wyoming facebook groups(for fans to bitch until theirs hearts are content) like they're some kind of Wyoming super fan, when they randomly picked Wyoming's name out of a hat three seasons ago.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Barrel man is fine. But we need to get together and get him a new barrel... :D
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am

Like I said, I think Ken is a great Wyoming fan. There's no doubt where his passion lies. That doesn't change the fact that he had to steal someone elses idea. That' reality.

I don't care that the fight song was taken from someone else. We're the only college to use it, so it's at least unique to other colleges.

Your other comment must be directed at me questioning your sudden appearance as a Wyoming fan when Craig Bohl took the job here. That's not fiction either. It's reality. You arrived on the scene when Bohl did. We'll see if you stay when Bohl moves along. Either way, we need all the Wyoming fans we can get, even ones that start up negative Wyoming facebook groups(for fans to bitch until theirs hearts are content) like they're some kind of Wyoming super fan, when they randomly picked Wyoming's name out of a hat three seasons ago.
Wrong again.

http://dailyranger.com/story.php?story_id=17133
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:24 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:46 am

Like I said, I think Ken is a great Wyoming fan. There's no doubt where his passion lies. That doesn't change the fact that he had to steal someone elses idea. That' reality.

Wrong again.

http://dailyranger.com/story.php?story_id=17133
Are you just looking for an argument? This is their official fight song.

I could care less if they sing Ragtime Cowboy Joe.

One thing you can't argue is that Cowboy Ken is an unoriginal ass hack that stole this guys idea. I'm pretty sure the title of this thread is Barrel Man, not Ragtime Cowboy Joe. Barrel Man stole his idea. That's the truth. I could care less who else stole their ideas, it doesn't change the lack of originality and the theft of intellectual property by Barrel Man. He still stole his costume.

And with that...I'm done arguing with internet poop for today.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
wrxman
Buckaroo

Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

wellpoke wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm Barrel man is fine. But we need to get together and get him a new barrel... :D
Or get him a personal trainer..... :rofl: