Hahaha... BYU back in MWC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Pokefamchez is clearly related to BYU fans.

Only one of the bretheren would have anything positive to say about them f-word.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote:Pokefamchez is clearly related to BYU fans.

Only one of the bretheren would have anything positive to say about them f-word.
This is true and I’m excited to eat dinner at my in laws house and ask them if they watched the game tonight 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Only points BYU got were the ones the refs handed to them. Nice.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

This would be a good time to start the schmeer campaign against byu.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

This is true and I’m excited to eat dinner at my in laws house and ask them if they watched the game tonight 🤣
Should make for an interesting dinner.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:09 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:43 pm Another reason: the game right now vs Boise State.

BYU fumbles the football, it's reviewed by the refs - ESPN guys conclude that it's clear video evidence the ball came out, refs disagree and let BYU keep the ball so they could score and take the lead.
Same ole same ole BYU poop!!!! :roll:
You got that right. Exactly the same ole byu. No thanks.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I don't miss them one bit. Besides, do we need another 1-5 team in the MWC?

They must pay the game announcers or the guys that cover their games are all momos, because last night the douchebag announcers talked about what a huge disadvantage it was to go on a mission:

1. You lose all your strength(during a time in most peoples lives when they put weight on like crazy).
2. You only have 30 minutes a day to work out, with your 12 hours of door knocking.
3. It took Kilani poop over a year to get right physically when he got back from his mission.

I have to call b.s. on all that, when every offensive lineman on their team is 300 pounds, even the freshmen.

F BYU. Let them rot.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo

the MWC needs BYU and their ability to bring in money

the MWC makes very little money. With the addition of BYU, that would change and everyone would benefit

bring them back
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:11 am I don't miss them one bit. Besides, do we need another 1-5 team in the MWC?

They must pay the game announcers or the guys that cover their games are all momos, because last night the douchebag announcers talked about what a huge disadvantage it was to go on a mission:

1. You lose all your strength(during a time in most peoples lives when they put weight on like crazy).
2. You only have 30 minutes a day to work out, with your 12 hours of door knocking.
3. It took Kilani poop over a year to get right physically when he got back from his mission.

I have to call b.s. on all that, when every offensive lineman on their team is 300 pounds, even the freshmen.

F BYU. Let them rot.
This x1000.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 am the MWC needs BYU and their ability to bring in money

the MWC makes very little money. With the addition of BYU, that would change and everyone would benefit

bring them back
BYU already gets everything it needs from the MWC teams...scheduling of opponents that fits BYU's open dates. Until there is more unity from other MWC teams to blackball BYU...BYU back to the MWC will simply remain a fan's desire and lack any basis in reality.

Personally, I'd like to see no MWC teams scheduling BYU and for BYU's program to struggle mightily and for BYU to never be admitted back to the MWC. I don't have a lot of sympathy for backstabbers.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 amPersonally, I'd like to see no MWC teams scheduling BYU and for BYU's program to struggle mightily and for BYU to never be admitted back to the MWC. I don't have a lot of sympathy for backstabbers.
Likewise. I want that program to rot and die.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 amPersonally, I'd like to see no MWC teams scheduling BYU and for BYU's program to struggle mightily and for BYU to never be admitted back to the MWC. I don't have a lot of sympathy for backstabbers.
Likewise. I want that program to rot and die.
Same here! I hate them with an extreme passion!!!! :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LKGates
Ranch Hand

Hey. Utah State fan here.
I vote no. I don't trust them. BYU has been at the center of blowing up conferences three times. Along with Utah, they broke up the old Skyline Conference in 1961. They organized the departure of the upper tier of the WAC to form the MWC in 1999. They conspired with the WAC to destabilize the MWC in 2011, as part of "the Project". Every program will ultimately act in its own interest. If any member of the current MWC were offered a place in a P5 conference, I would expect them to take it. However, BYU has acted beyond simple self interest, and had repeatedly conspired to destabilize whatever conference they were in for their own benefit. If you let BYU in, you're asking for trouble. They will stab you in the back.

I'm conflicted about one thing. Currently, now that Utah refuses to schedule Utah State, BYU is our oldest active rivalry. And it's starting to get interesting. The BYU folks will point out that we've only beaten them four times in forty years, but we've beaten them three of the last eight, and two of the last four. I hate to walk away from a series that is just starting to get interesting, from a Utah State perspective. On the other hand, screw them. I could easily be persuaded to participate in a full MWC boycott of BYU. Without the support of the MWC, particularly in the second half of the season, they'd be brought to their knees. They'd be scheduling home games in November with St. Mary's Country Day School for Young Ladies, and North Pigsknuckle School for the Blind. That'll pack 'em in at LaVell Edwards Stadium, and excite the executives at ESPN in the next round of contract negotiations!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 am
HomeOnTheRange wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 am the MWC needs BYU and their ability to bring in money

bring them back
BYU already gets everything it needs from the MWC teams...scheduling of opponents that fits BYU's open dates. Until there is more unity from other MWC teams to blackball BYU...BYU back to the MWC will simply remain a fan's desire and lack any basis in reality.

Personally, I'd like to see no MWC teams scheduling BYU and for BYU's program to struggle mightily and for BYU to never be admitted back to the MWC. I don't have a lot of sympathy for backstabbers.
He didn't say BYU needs the MWC. He said the MWC needs BYU and its ability to bring revenue to the conference.

I don't disagree. That being said, in the 3 years I've been here I quickly adopted a hatred for BYU (and CSU). Despite the potential boon they'd be, I'd still have a very hard time saying yes to this.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

Let em rot. Period. A full on boycott from all MWC schools should’ve been in effect since 2011.

CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

LKGates wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:27 pm Hey. Utah State fan here.
I vote no. I don't trust them. BYU has been at the center of blowing up conferences three times. Along with Utah, they broke up the old Skyline Conference in 1961. They organized the departure of the upper tier of the WAC to form the MWC in 1999. They conspired with the WAC to destabilize the MWC in 2011, as part of "the Project". Every program will ultimately act in its own interest. If any member of the current MWC were offered a place in a P5 conference, I would expect them to take it. However, BYU has acted beyond simple self interest, and had repeatedly conspired to destabilize whatever conference they were in for their own benefit. If you let BYU in, you're asking for trouble. They will stab you in the back.

I'm conflicted about one thing. Currently, now that Utah refuses to schedule Utah State, BYU is our oldest active rivalry. And it's starting to get interesting. The BYU folks will point out that we've only beaten them four times in forty years, but we've beaten them three of the last eight, and two of the last four. I hate to walk away from a series that is just starting to get interesting, from a Utah State perspective. On the other hand, screw them. I could easily be persuaded to participate in a full MWC boycott of BYU. Without the support of the MWC, particularly in the second half of the season, they'd be brought to their knees. They'd be scheduling home games in November with St. Mary's Country Day School for Young Ladies, and North Pigsknuckle School for the Blind. That'll pack 'em in at LaVell Edwards Stadium, and excite the executives at ESPN in the next round of contract negotiations!
LK, great points and spot on about BYU and their lust to destroy any and every conference they have been a part of. I believe the risk of admitting them far outweighs any "benefit" they would bring. The MWC needs to have a complete boycott of them in all sports. Let them twist in the wind of independence and die a slow, moneyless death. :twocents:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

LKGates wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:27 pm Hey. Utah State fan here.

Great post. Thanks for the info. I did not know about them and the Skyline but I knew about the WAC and MWC. If anyone wants BYU in the MWC look at that history. Trying to blowup a conference once is bad enough, three times is a trend. It will be a good day when BYU no longer fields a football team. FU BYU.
USU78
Buckaroo

wyoair wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 am
LKGates wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:27 pmHey. Utah State fan here.

Great post. Thanks for the info. I did not know about them and the Skyline but I knew about the WAC and MWC. If anyone wants BYU in the MWC look at that history. Trying to blowup a conference once is bad enough, three times is a trend. It will be a good day when BYU no longer fields a football team. FU BYU.
Our fondest hope is that they get "Bednarized" [named for the then president of BYU-Idaho who presided over dropping all extramural sports] and start using that there stadium to host ballroom dance competitions.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

USU78 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:43 pm Our fondest hope is that they get "Bednarized" [named for the then president of BYU-Idaho who presided over dropping all extramural sports] and start using that there stadium to host ballroom dance competitions.
You gotta be joking!!!!! Get rid of all sports JUST to allow ballroom dancing competitions at the schools' stadium!!!! That's nuts!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think there was more to it then that. Byu Idaho (formerly ricks) felt that sports at that college wasn’t worth the funding.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!