Hahaha... BYU back in MWC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46042180&nid=294

He sounds so condescending. Even when they are terrible.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

So they can attempt to backstab everybody again?
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me!

Let them rot. I want that institution to fail miserably in both sports and academia.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Screw them. I hate everything about them especially holier than though mentality with everything including athletics.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Christ, they play Utah State, Boise State, Fresno State, San Jose State, UNLV, and Hawaii in 2017. It's almost like they never left. The MWC needs to stop scheduling these asshats and let them die a slow, independent death.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

BYU can just continue to do what they have been doing the last few years...
"Play with themselves".
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Let them continue to reap what they sow. If it was just about the quality of the program sure have them replace San Jose in the West division. It isn't just about that though. They had their grubby fingers way too deep in the officiating and then the previous attempt to kill the conference. No thanks, let em rot.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

MWC Already has 12 teams... Doesn't look like the MWC has room for them, and that's fine with me
I'm good for 3!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I would trade them for San Jose state it would mean more money for the conference as a whole and would boost the conference competitively.

I don’t see it happening and it would take some serious pride swallowing from byu and I feel like they would discontinue there program rather then crawl back and admit they weren’t as good as they thought they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

No way. Let the backstabbers sleep in the bed they made. Nothing makes me more happy than to see them struggle
Steamboat
Buckaroo

They are similar to Boise State in terms of thinking of themselves superior to MW. But there is a reason neither has been invited to join a P-5 conference. Bet each of you know the reason for both those institutions. (religion & academics)
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

No thanks, we should just build a new university in Jackson, with the Tetons as the back drop for the football stadium. Then we can harvest all the west star valley. Would be prime location for sweet rivalry games. Could u imagine the amount of hot rich... Err, nevermind. Jackson would be the coolest college town in the u.s.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

CowboyNV wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:41 am Christ, they play Utah State, Boise State, Fresno State, San Jose State, UNLV, and Hawaii in 2017. It's almost like they never left. The MWC needs to stop scheduling these asshats and let them die a slow, independent death.
Spot on. The MWC should have banded together to not schedule those f-word. Instead, they have 6 of their opponents from the MWC. They got their cake (TV Money) and are eating it too (MWC Scheduling).

Had the above 6 not scheduled them, it would have pushed them further into obscurity. I wish that program a long, slow, boring death. Pricks.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

carbonpoke wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:05 pm No thanks, we should just build a new university in Jackson, with the Tetons as the back drop for the football stadium. Then we can harvest all the west star valley. Would be prime location for sweet rivalry games. Could u imagine the amount of hot rich... Err, nevermind. Jackson would be the coolest college town in the u.s.
TIC I hope. Jackson is a nightmare unless you have $1,000,000,000 in the bank.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Yes, point being it would never happen, but it's a better idea than provo
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

'PokeForLife wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:39 pm https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46042180&nid=294

He sounds so condescending. Even when they are terrible.
What arrogance! BYU has slim to no chance of being invited back into the MWC....and slim just left the building. The way that BYU acted while they were members of the conference, acting like they are better than everyone else and should be treated in a special way did not win ANY friends. Secondly the way that they left, basically saying, screw you MWC and any obligations we might have to you...you can guess how that made people feel! Lastly, their still shear arrogance at...gee the MWC is good enough I guess until a real conference comes along like a Power 5....that shows that they haven't changed whatsoever. The MWC will not become a stepping stone for BYU no matter how much additional exposure people think that they bring. What does it say about the conference if they allow BYU to step all over the conference and then leave another time? The schools and their administrations will not let that happen.

Let BYU rot out on the limb that they chose for themselves. They have a delusional fan base and add the sheer arrogance of their fan bases makes them an outcase in the world of NCAA Div. 1 football....so why would we want them back? I used to think that their national exposure would help the conference, but seeing how their schedule has deteriorated over the years, that has even gone away. What once BYU might have added to the conference has completely gone away, there is no reason whatsoever to invite them and if BYU comes knocking on the door, every door should be closed to them....forever!

Someone on the other board mentioned that he had a conversation on a plane with a Director of Championships for the MWC coming back from Vegas one time. He asked about BYU being invited back, and the response was basically, BYU was not a good partner when they were in the conference before and won no friends when they left, and there was no way that she saw BYU coming back! I was very glad to read this.
Last edited by PotatoCreekPete on Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

You know who will decide if BYU and the MWC get the ol' band back together? TV.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I dont want them back anymore than the next Poke fan, but looking at the MW now is very different from when they were a part of the conference. I hesitate to say it will never happen. They have 6 MW schools on their schedule and I'm sure those 6 would accept them into the MW. SDSU probably would too, as would Nevada. The only MW schools who would probably be staunchly opposed are the real old WAC front range teams, WYO, CSU and AFA, probably UNM too. No one else would probably be terribly against them or harbor a lot of old, negative feelings against them. Most of the current MW hasn't shared a conference with them as long as we have.
Last edited by calpoke25 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Lost Poke wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm You know who will decide if BYU and the MWC get the ol' band back together? TV.
Namely....ESPN. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:48 pm
Lost Poke wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm You know who will decide if BYU and the MWC get the ol' band back together? TV.
Namely....ESPN. :roll:
ESPN money is gone unless you are in a P5 conference. Did you not see that ESPN is bleeding cash and they just laid off a ton of on-air talent? BYU's next contract with ESPN (which is not a sure thing), will be so small in comparison it isn't funny. ESPN is going to spend what bucks it has left on the biggies like the PAC12, SEC, ACC and Big10. Everybody's money in the G5 conferences that didn't have long term contracts with ESPN like Wyoming received a lot less money this year. No I don't agree, ESPN will not be the one who decides, it will be the MWC school presidents and AD's....even 7 years has not rinsed out the bad taste in peoples mouths in the MWC toward BYU.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Vomited in my mouth reading that. To be honest, we all know the MWC is a shell of what it once was. But yes....