Utah State thoughts

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

After a bye week, and sounds like the bumps and bruises are healing well, 1st road game since the 1st of the season, it's not an easy place to play, I've been there a couple of times and not my most favorite place to see a game but I'm not an Aggie fan, but the Aggie Ice Cream, lol......

I think this will be a hard fought game and we see Mr. Josh Allen show us why he's a stud and we get this done late......UW 31----USU 28......GO POKES

to everyone's enjoyment I'll be on Vakay next week, so kinda quiet from me, lol
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 am
I think this will be a hard fought game and we see Mr. Josh Allen show us why he's a stud and we get this done late......UW 31----USU 28......GO POKES
I sure hope so. This is the most important game on the schedule and we will finally know what kind of team we have following this week.

I simply wouldn't place a bet on this game. Wyoming had 2 weeks to prepare for this game but has been anemic on offense against any team with a pulse. Utah State's win over BYU is looking less impressive by the day. Until last year, Utah State had our number. We have the best single talent on either roster by a long shot with Josh Allen...but talent doesn't always translate to execution and wins.

I will go with Wyoming 24 - Utah State 23.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

No victory means no bowl. This is a huge game for us no doubt. Pokes win 24 21 (I hope)
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

27-17 pokes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Our receivers carry over their performance from Texas State, our running game is improved but not dramatically and are able to sustain more drives. Defense continues its strong performances. UW 21-Utah State 17. GO POKES!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Sure hope we get it done in Logan for a change it's been awhile
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Hey guys! Utah State fan here.
I'm hoping for a great game tomorrow, and of course an Aggie win. No offense intended.
As a USU fan, after 52 years of wandering in the wilderness, this is what I'd always hoped for. It's great to have a game against Wyoming where the outcome is in doubt, and the stakes are high. I wish both teams were better. I wish everyone was expecting that this game would determine the MWC champion. But you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need. Hey, that's kind of catchy.
I hope both teams can walk off the field with their heads up. I hope there aren't any injuries. I hope we both get bowl eligible, no matter what the outcome. I hope the winner, by some miracle, goes to the MWC championship game.
So anyway, good luck. But not too much. And Wyoming is still my second favorite MWC team.
Go Pokes. Go AGGIES!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

Lkgates you forgot your prediction. Id like to know what your guess is. Pokes win 27-24
USU78
Buckaroo

My brother's brother-in-law probably sez USU 27-24, just like his brother-in-law's far better looking brother.
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

USU78 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 pm My brother's brother-in-law probably sez USU 27-24, just like his brother-in-law's far better looking brother.
I think '78 and Vegas are both right. USU by 3, 27-24. Never bet against people who do it for a living. And unfortunately, my brother-in-law's brother is not only better looking than his brother, but also better looking than your humble Aggie correspondent.
Last edited by LKGates on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LKGates wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm No offense intended.
Wrong! The Pokes DID intend an offense! They just haven't got it (yet).
bigblue
Buckaroo

I will post my same prediction as I posted over on the Aggie board.

Wyoming 24
Aggies 17

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Since Bohl has taken over the program, the Pokes are 3-15 on road games (This doesn't count the bowl game with BYU or the loss to Iowa this year- if you throw those two games in the mix they are 3-17 on the road). Think about that for a second. They have won 3 games and lost 15 on the road. With their offensive woes this year, I don't believe they turn it around today. I see two possibilities today - one is a close game with USU winning by 7 or less, or a complete blowout with USU winning by 3+ touchdowns. For some reason Bohl has not figured out the road scenario in the MWC. At some point his teams will figure out how to win away from Laramie, but I just don't see it happening today. I hope I have to come back and eat some crow. USU by 7.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:32 pm Since Bohl has taken over the program, the Pokes are 3-15 on road games (This doesn't count the bowl game with BYU or the loss to Iowa this year- if you throw those two games in the mix they are 3-17 on the road). Think about that for a second. They have won 3 games and lost 15 on the road. With their offensive woes this year, I don't believe they turn it around today. I see two possibilities today - one is a close game with USU winning by 7 or less, or a complete blowout with USU winning by 3+ touchdowns. For some reason Bohl has not figured out the road scenario in the MWC. At some point his teams will figure out how to win away from Laramie, but I just don't see it happening today. I hope I have to come back and eat some crow. USU by 7.
The three wins CowboyNV are referring to are...

2014: @ Fresno State, 45-17 blowout win in Bohl's first year at Wyoming
2016: @ Fort Fart, 38-17, to start a 5 game winning streak last year
2016: @ Nevada, 42-34
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:25 pm
CowboyNV wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:32 pm Since Bohl has taken over the program, the Pokes are 3-15 on road games (This doesn't count the bowl game with BYU or the loss to Iowa this year- if you throw those two games in the mix they are 3-17 on the road). Think about that for a second. They have won 3 games and lost 15 on the road. With their offensive woes this year, I don't believe they turn it around today. I see two possibilities today - one is a close game with USU winning by 7 or less, or a complete blowout with USU winning by 3+ touchdowns. For some reason Bohl has not figured out the road scenario in the MWC. At some point his teams will figure out how to win away from Laramie, but I just don't see it happening today. I hope I have to come back and eat some crow. USU by 7.

Add a 4th to the list!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Mtpoke89 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:09 pm Lkgates you forgot your prediction. Id like to know what your guess is. Pokes win 27-24
Not bad.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Add a 4th to the list!
Yep, this crow tastes fantastic :D
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Add a 4th to the list!
But of course....LOL
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

To update the road win stat....

it's now FOUR road wins in the last 3 years...

2017: @ Utah State, 28-23