Defense!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Awesome performance by the d. Wow. Can't say enough about them. They make me proud.

Those two picks by Prosser and Granderson were excellent! Prosser shrugging that utag off like he was a little kid on his way to the endzone made me shriek with joy. Both are incredible athletes. The safety made me shriek with joy.

Cain played well.

Gafford really is a solid corner, Hall, too.

Wingard is all over the place and doing well, but FFS wrap up! Tackle lower! He misses 2-3 tackles each game because he won't stick his arms out while tackling and aim lower.

Cashh, Wilson and Ortiz are good backers. Cassh and Logan are going to be absolute monsters at the end of the day when it's all said and done (to borrow a phrase from coach Edwards).

Got to give Epps a s/o, too. Very solid, consistent player and sure tackler
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

The defense has been a very consistent unit this year and I think they will only get better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Biggest problem with our defense is they are getting too good. They are on the field way too much. That leads to experience. They can "mostly" shut the run game down.

I like them out there though. Good things happen when our Defense is on the field. Too many more backs start catching balls, they may end up on offense!

Scotty was a damn good hire! I love watching this. Just wish they were off the field a bit more.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

+11 turnover margin is 3rd in FBS, behind USF (6-0) and Penn State (6-0) and tied with Alabama (7-0).
3 defensive TDs is tied for 4th in FBS, tied for 2nd in Group of 5 (1. USU 4; t2. UW, Akron, Tulsa 3)
36th in FBS in total defense (348.5 ypg), 15th in Group of 5
15th in FBS in pass defense (172.8 ypg), 4th in Group of 5
13th in FBS in TFLs per game (7.8), tied for 5th in Group of 5
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Couple questions:
1. Did I see correctly Granderson is #1 in the country in Sacks?
2. Did I hear correctly that saturdays game was the first time in UW history two defensive lineman have had INT in a game?
3. Does Grandersons safety count as a sack as well or do you get either a sack or a safety?

EDIT:

1. He's #1 in the MWC. Not NCAA
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:18 am Couple questions:
1. Did I see correctly Granderson is #1 in the country in Sacks?
2. Did I hear correctly that saturdays game was the first time in UW history two defensive lineman have had INT in a game?
3. Does Grandersons safety count as a sack as well or do you get either a sack or a safety?

EDIT:

1. He's #1 in the MWC. Not NCAA
I do believe you are credited with a sack. If it's the qb of course