Reasons why I think Josh Plays in this game if healthy

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

whyoh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 am .......if throwing shoulder is healthy......
And I wonder who is going to determine that? Bohl? Conway? the trainer? I don't think so. Josh himself will. And my guess is that he will determine it is NOT healthy.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

If he didn't plan on playing at all, regardless of the shoulder, I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't just say that

Dude's been pretty honest and straightforward to this point....what would he gain by poop everybody?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

At this point, I think that Josh will play if his shoulder is up to it. Honestly, he might have to. All the talk the last week was "he'll play if his shoulder is healthy"; it was even on the front page of ESPN.com today.

So if he doesn't play, what message does that send to the NFL??? Hurt shoulder = lower pick = less $$$

If he had said, he is still determining if he plays, he could have just sat out and avoided injury speculation on his shoulder. But NOW, if he sits out, the status of his shoulder comes in to play and that will cost him a lot of money.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm At this point, I think that Josh will play if his shoulder is up to it. Honestly, he might have to. All the talk the last week was "he'll play if his shoulder is healthy"; it was even on the front page of ESPN.com today.

So if he doesn't play, what message does that send to the NFL??? Hurt shoulder = lower pick = less $$$

If he had said, he is still determining if he plays, he could have just sat out and avoided injury speculation on his shoulder. But NOW, if he sits out, the status of his shoulder comes in to play and that will cost him a lot of money.
And in the background it's ESPN's way of saying we need Josh for ratings, without him we'll only get Wyoming and the Central Michigan area at 2pm(4pm EST) on a Friday afternoon, not a big demographic or tv market so to speak
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Interestingly enough Royce Freeman RB for Oregon declared yesterday that he is skipping the Las Vegas Bowl against Boise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... 29569.html
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Heard from somebody he may play.

Heard from somebody else he may not play.

Take it for what it is worth.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

As the article on here says, the "100%" statement is the easy out. The various all star games, and ultimately the combine, are of much more value to Josh Allen than a bowl game. It's going to be Nick Smith and hopefully the 2 weeks prep for the bowl game have given him enough reps to be serviceable. The defense can and will keep us in this game. It up to Smith and the offense to do something, anything before there is 3 minutes left in the game. This thread should have been titled, "Reasons why I WANT Josh to play in this game if healthy."
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

And if he does play, how many of you will start backtracking?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:07 pm And if he does play, how many of you will start backtracking?
Good question. I believe he will play because he is a competitor. Competitors, like Shane Falco, want the ball in their hands. (in the same token, I will feel let down if he does not play even though that may be the wise decision)
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:07 pm And if he does play, how many of you will start backtracking?
Are you going?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:20 pmAre you going?
No, but it has nothing to do with his possible playing status. It has nothing to do with the game being in Boise (other than the fact it's even farther away for someone who doesn't drive).
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Someone from minnesota not going to the game acting critical about people that have been at games all year not going? it's like deja vu
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:19 pm Someone from minnesota not going to the game acting critical about people that have been at games all year not going? it's like deja vu
Where did I say anything critical of those not going?
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

I still don't think he is going to, or should, play but... the line has gone from Wyo -1.5 to -3 today. Does Vegas know something?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

303cowboy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:39 pm I still don't think he is going to, or should, play but... the line has gone from Wyo -1.5 to -3 today. Does Vegas know something?
Let's hope so and lets hope he stays healthy and has the kind of game we know he is capable of and wows the scouts that much more. We tend to focus on the negatives on this board but if he plays and plays solid and makes some big throws it just cements himself further as the real deal.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!