ACS's little brother is a grad transfer....4 star quarterback looking for a new home.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

:D

Nothing says helicopter mom like a broad(in case she reads this) forcing her husband and children to take her last name.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Didn't he play in a spread offense? Won't help much.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 pm Didn't he play in a spread offense? Won't help much.
I wasn't seriously advocating going after him. I would stay away from that helicopter mom, no matter how good her son is.

Some people might take it seriously, but we have a better chance of ending up with Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster at qb next year.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Interesting. Wasn't K.J. originally committed to go to USU?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Let's put it this way, the actual history of 5th yr seniors is spotty, some work out and some don't. To be brutally frank, even if we were down to recruiting the water boys to play QB and I would still say.....stay the heck away from this family. It is all about them and the last thing that they are, are team players. I have no fear that Coach Bohl is even mildly interested and I have no doubt that Wyoming isn't on this family's list of schools.
Last edited by PotatoCreekPete on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:08 am Interesting. Wasn't K.J. originally committed to go to USU?
Yes, until Chris Peterson took the job at Washington. He was the first QB to sign with Peterson at Washington. Then Peterson signed Jake Browning and K.J. has been a backup his entire career.

I would tend to bet he ends up at Oregon State. The way things went with his brother, I would also tend to bet that there is little to no mutual interest at Wyoming. I really hope we are on the Michigan transfers.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:16 pm :D

Nothing says helicopter mom like a broad(in case she reads this) forcing her husband and children to take her last name.
Wait, what do last names have to do with helicopter moms? I have a few friends who decided to take their girlfriends' names after they got married. None of those women are the least bit controlling - they just happened to not have incredibly boring last names (one of the guys was named Johan Johansson, heh).
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:08 am Interesting. Wasn't K.J. originally committed to go to USU?
You might be thinking of Brett Smith's brother, Kade. He was at USU last I checked.. maybe not anymore.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

MrTitleist wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 am
You might be thinking of Brett Smith's brother, Kade. He was at USU last I checked.. maybe not anymore.
Transferred to the Portland State Vikings. Finished the season with 2 rushes for 13 yards and no passing attempts.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:09 am
MrTitleist wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 am
Transferred to the Portland State Vikings. Finished the season with 2 rushes for 13 yards and no passing attempts.
And they went 0-11 this year. LOL
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

ACS now there's somebody I haven't thought about in a long time, I really liked him
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

stymeman wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:30 pm ACS now there's somebody I haven't thought about in a long time, I really liked him
His stiffarm against CSU was an all time moment
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:50 am
Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:16 pm :D

Wait, what do last names have to do with helicopter moms? I have a few friends who decided to take their girlfriends' names after they got married. None of those women are the least bit controlling - they just happened to not have incredibly boring last names (one of the guys was named Johan Johansson, heh).
Hindsight is 20/20. After everything that came out from the ACS transfer, it became obvious that his mom was a big reason why he transferred, that she encouraged it because she thought he wasn't being taken care of in Laramie. That makes her a helicopter mom, and from the people I've talked too: it wasn't her first time attempting to tell our coaches how ACS should be treated.

So, you imagine how the name thing went down, but I would guess it wasn't Austin's father that said: "Hey maybe we should defy 1000's of years of tradition, I'll just take your last name instead."

Maybe, what I heard was all b.s. rumor, but the Carta-Samuels mother is controlling.

Do you have your wifes name as your last name? Do your kids pass on your mother's last name?

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:27 pm Do you have your wifes name as your last name? Do your kids pass on your mother's last name?
As it turns out, my last name is my mother's maiden name. My wife took that name when she married me too, soo... yeah, my son just might pass on my mother's last name.

And to be honest, I like my last name a lot better than my father's, even though my dad was awesome in pretty much every way I can think of. My mom and him just never legally married, because they didn't see a reason to.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:44 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:27 pm Do you have your wifes name as your last name? Do your kids pass on your mother's last name?
As it turns out, my last name is my mother's maiden name. My wife took that name when she married me too, soo... yeah, my son just might pass on my mother's last name.

And to be honest, I like my last name a lot better than my father's, even though my dad was awesome in pretty much every way I can think of. My mom and him just never legally married, because they didn't see a reason to.
Yeah, more power to you. It's definitely not a traditional way of doing things. I'm a big fan of tradition. If it ain't broke....

I was tying the 2 together. From what I heard about ACS mom(might all be b.s.) it wouldn't surprise me if she told her husband that his name would now include hers as well.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

This is an article that somewhat explains his name origin. I did not know that his mother was Venezuelan which is where the hyphenated name comes from. Its a Hispanic tradition but its mainly used a middle name not a hyphenated last name. From experience of my own, Hispanic mothers are VERY protective of their children especially sons.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... k/2711533/
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Yeah, more power to you. It's definitely not a traditional way of doing things. I'm a big fan of tradition. If it ain't broke....

I was tying the 2 together. From what I heard about ACS mom(might all be b.s.) it wouldn't surprise me if she told her husband that his name would now include hers as well.
Maybe do a google search before you start spouting off about how the dad took her name.
He didn't.
He kept his. She hyphenated hers and his.
He wanted to to recognize both his parents.
The father is James Carta.
The mother is Linda Carta-Samuels.
The kids have Carta-Samuels.
http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-fo ... 95578.html

Not a crazy concept, tons of people hyphenate now.

Crazy how you made up this story that a helicopter mom just made the husband take her name, and make the kids have it too.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

If your to be wife wants to hyphenate her name, I say run. That’s just me and my opinion of women that would. However, times change and so do traditions. I guess it would make me feel good if my daughters wanted to keep my last name in some form.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:12 pm If your to be wife wants to hyphenate her name, I say run. That’s just me and my opinion of women that would. However, times change and so do traditions. I guess it would make me feel good if my daughters wanted to keep my last name in some form.
Heh, I'd say the woman who makes too big of a deal of actually having your last name is probably the bigger danger.

Ultimately, it's probably different in every single case, though. One of my crosscountry skiing coaches did things the Icelandic way (even though he wasn't Icelandic). His name was Ulf, so his son was Björn Ulfsson, and his daughter was Anna Ulfsdotter. Not sure how his wife felt about that whole thing as I didn't know her.

Personally I would've been Erik Karlsson (like the captain of Ottawa Senators if you're into the NHL) if I had had my dad's last name, but my current last name is a bit more of a special snowflake. I'll share once my son hits the NHL. ;)
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Maybe do a google search before you start spouting off about how the dad took her name.
He didn't.
He kept his. She hyphenated hers and his.
He wanted to to recognize both his parents.
The father is James Carta.
The mother is Linda Carta-Samuels.
The kids have Carta-Samuels.
http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-fo ... 95578.html

Not a crazy concept, tons of people hyphenate now.

Crazy how you made up this story that a helicopter mom just made the husband take her name, and make the kids have it too.
Yeah but what's more fun, spending 60 seconds doing research or just throwing out wild assumptions??