2018 Starting QB predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:46 pm
PotatoCreekPete wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:45 pm Marquez took the best offer he had. His arm is not the strength that it needs to be to be classified as a FBS QB. I would imagine that he will work on it a lot, but when he gets to UW he will get his chance at QB, but it will probably be an eye-opening event, and from there who knows. But I think more than Ramsey he offers competition and depth, but I don't think he will be in close to any thought of being involved in the QB competition at UW in the foreseeable future.
Wasn't this more or less what happened with Bouknight? I know he played QB in high school, but then ended up at receiver for UW because he was still a really gifted athlete. Or did he actually come to UW as a WR?
Bouknight was recruited as a receiver.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I think some people are putting too much on Chambers. He appears to be a very good athlete and has a big arm but he couldn't complete 50% of his passes in high school. HE will have a steep learning curve to learn the position in college. Not saying he won't do it but I'm not ready to anoint him yet. I think Tyler VDW has the makings to be a great QB for us and we will be really happy with what he brings next year.
Jellystone
Buckaroo

I think most people are ready to anoint TDW because Nick Smith went 0-2, but truly, are they pro TDW or anti Smith.
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:24 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:46 pm
PotatoCreekPete wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:45 pm Marquez took the best offer he had. His arm is not the strength that it needs to be to be classified as a FBS QB. I would imagine that he will work on it a lot, but when he gets to UW he will get his chance at QB, but it will probably be an eye-opening event, and from there who knows. But I think more than Ramsey he offers competition and depth, but I don't think he will be in close to any thought of being involved in the QB competition at UW in the foreseeable future.
Wasn't this more or less what happened with Bouknight? I know he played QB in high school, but then ended up at receiver for UW because he was still a really gifted athlete. Or did he actually come to UW as a WR?
Bouknight was recruited as a receiver.
Bouknight commited to UW because he was given the opportunity to compete for the QB position. He moved to WR after he ended up redshirting his freshman year.

I read somewhere that North Dakota State was recruiting Isaiah Ramsey as an Athlete.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

TrackPoke wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:56 pm Bouknight commited to UW because he was given the opportunity to compete for the QB position. He moved to WR after he ended up redshirting his freshman year.
This is what I heard and referred to as well. Guess maybe my memory isn't quite as terrible as I thought.