Josh Allen: where does he go?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold both declared today. Guess that threat against staying in to avoid Cleveland was all blowing smoke.

Places I'd like to see Josh go: Arizona, San Diego, Pittsburgh, New England, New Orleans.

More realistic but much scarier: Cleveland (with two top five picks), Jets, Giants, Broncos

If he goes to Cleveland here's hoping they draft Saquon Barkley with their other pick and throw some offseason money at their offensive line.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

SLCPoke
Cowpoke

I’m honestly hoping for him to go to the Bills. I’ve already pledged to vacate my Packers fanship amd follow the team he goes to. Therefore because I still have hate in my heart for the Broncos and a spinning Elway into the end zone, the Broncos would be hard for me to handle.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

SLCPoke wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:12 pm I’m honestly hoping for him to go to the Bills. I’ve already pledged to vacate my Packers fanship amd follow the team he goes to. Therefore because I still have hate in my heart for the Broncos and a spinning Elway into the end zone, the Broncos would be hard for me to handle.
Best choice you could ever make!
Now just hope he falls to the Vikings.....
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

SLCPoke wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:12 pm I’m honestly hoping for him to go to the Bills. I’ve already pledged to vacate my Packers fanship amd follow the team he goes to. Therefore because I still have hate in my heart for the Broncos and a spinning Elway into the end zone, the Broncos would be hard for me to handle.
Me too, although I don’t want to own a browns jersey
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Here's to hoping he learns under Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay! And a couple of people having anuerysms from having to root for the Packers.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I've paid attention to Bills this season because of Yarbrough. I swear he's the happiest dude in the world. How could you not love a big goofy dude who loves fishing and playing the ukulele? Anyway, would be cool to have another Cowboy on that team again.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:19 am
Vikings already have too many QBs to deal with. Seeing as they are going to be picking in the late 20's, I doubt JA falls that far. And even if he does, I don't know if the Vikings use a pick on a QB. They should use it on something they could actually use, like another WR or a RB.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 amVikings already have too many QBs to deal with. Seeing as they are going to be picking in the late 20's, I doubt JA falls that far. And even if he does, I don't know if the Vikings use a pick on a QB. They should use it on something they could actually use, like another WR or a RB.
The Vikings may very well only have one of those QBs by next season, though. Bradford will find a home elsewhere, Bridgewater will be retained, and Keenum will get a shot at a starting job through free agency.

It's going to be a very interesting offseason for Minnesota
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Agreed, but if Bridgewater is truly healthy, I don't think a first-round QB is a wise pick.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:16 am Here's to hoping he learns under Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay! And a couple of people having anuerysms from having to root for the Packers.
Meanie..... :cry:
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 am
Vikings already have too many QBs to deal with. Seeing as they are going to be picking in the late 20's, I doubt JA falls that far. And even if he does, I don't know if the Vikings use a pick on a QB. They should use it on something they could actually use, like another WR or a RB.
Keenum, Bradford and Bridgewater are all free agents this offseason. The only QB under contract is former Northern Colorado QB Kyle Sloter. I could easily see us grab a QB if one slides to the late 1st.

And another RB or WR? Dalvin Cook will be back healthy and both of his replacements have been pretty good. At WR, we have a guy who finished in the top 10 for the year, and another who's probably in the top 25.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I predict Allen goes to one of 3 teams: Broncos, Cardinals or Steelers. With the Steelers and Cardinals trading up if they hope to land Allen.

I just think that the Browns and Giants are locked into Rosen and Darnold to make the "safe" pick.

I've said all along that Allen is Ben Roethlisberger 2.0. With Big Ben seriously hinting at retirement, what better replacement could there be? Personally, I'd love to see the Broncos (whose choice likely comes down to Allen, Mayfield or Kirk Cousins).
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:26 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 am
Keenum, Bradford and Bridgewater are all free agents this offseason. The only QB under contract is former Northern Colorado QB Kyle Sloter. I could easily see us grab a QB if one slides to the late 1st.

And another RB or WR? Dalvin Cook will be back healthy and both of his replacements have been pretty good. At WR, we have a guy who finished in the top 10 for the year, and another who's probably in the top 25.

Dalvin Cook? He's decent, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in a rookie RB that couldn't last more than 4 games.

As for WR, Diggs is the real deal and Thielen had a breakout year, but 2 receivers does not a corps make. Thielen is just as likely to stink it up next year as he is to have another good season.

For D, the Vikings are solid, but their O could still use some pieces, I don't think QB is the biggest need.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 pm Dalvin Cook? He's decent, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in a rookie RB that couldn't last more than 4 games.

As for WR, Diggs is the real deal and Thielen had a breakout year, but 2 receivers does not a corps make. Thielen is just as likely to stink it up next year as he is to have another good season.

For D, the Vikings are solid, but their O could still use some pieces, I don't think QB is the biggest need.
1. Dalvin Cook was leading the NFL in rushing before he got hurt. Decent players don't usually do that.
2. No chance Thielen "stinks it up." Will he stay top 10? Maybe not. But he's still a very quality WR.

You don't use a first round pick on a backup RB or third WR.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Something interesting to monitor....

Josh hasn't accepted a Senior Bowl invite yet. Everyone has been talking about it for months like a foregone conclusion, but I'm starting to wonder now. They already have seven QBs confirmed as attending, but no Josh. I don't know if Josh declined an invite or if the Senior Bowl simply didn't invite him or if it's still up in the air on either side, but I think it's something to watch in the next week or two.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:23 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 pm Dalvin Cook? He's decent, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in a rookie RB that couldn't last more than 4 games.

1. Dalvin Cook was leading the NFL in rushing before he got hurt. Decent players don't usually do that.
2. No chance Thielen "stinks it up." Will he stay top 10? Maybe not. But he's still a very quality WR.

You don't use a first round pick on a backup RB or third WR.
You can't say that Dalvin Cook is going to be more than decent when you have nothing to base it on. If he plays 4 games every year and gets 350 rushing and 2 TDs every season, that sucks. After only 4 games, you can't say he is a good running back, come back to me in 2 years when he has actually done something. Also, I'm not saying that Thielen will stink it up, but I also wouldn't be surprised if 2017 ends up being his highest yardage total for his entire career.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Maybe not so crazy to wonder...

Report: ESPN to publish story on 'severe' rift between Robert Kraft, Tom Brady, and Bill Belichick. http://thesco.re/2E64Cgk
wyopoke123
Buckaroo

Most likely teams in order:

- Browns with one of their picks.
- Broncos with 5th pick
- Jets with 6th pick
- Bills in a trade up
- Arizona
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

For his sake, I hope he goes to a solid team with a veteran starter in place like Pittsburgh or New England where he won't be asked to be the savior from day 1. He has a plethora of flaws in his game to work on before he's ready to be a premier NFL quarterback. He has the tools and the mindset, but he needs to work on his footwork, decision making, and quick passing game before he is truly ready for the NFL game.