National Title game....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Will not be watching. I am not thrilled about the playoff format. I despise the fact of having two teams from the same conference in the game. Didn't like it a few years ago when it was Bama vs LSU. I just have zero interest in it. What is everyone else's take?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

The only good thing outta tonight...Oklahoma lost!!!! Otherwise, not thrilled at this dumb playoff. It was rigged from the moment go when it got started.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
aranderson
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:19 pm The only good thing outta tonight...Oklahoma lost!!!! Otherwise, not thrilled at this dumb playoff. It was rigged from the moment go when it got started.
I know you didn't want Oklahoma to win, but I would have preferred a championship game devoid of any SEC teams, Clemson vs Oklahoma would have made me happy, once Oklahoma lost I was really rooting for Clemson, but as it now stands we once again have an all SEC championship game.

But I was a firm believer that Alabama regardless of their strength of schedule and prior accolades, they should NOT have been in! I believe Ohio State should have been in as a conference champion. If Alabama wins again like they did when they played LSU it will once again be an extremely flawed system.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Don't really care either way. Watched maybe 5 minutes total of both playoff games tonight.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
aranderson
Cowpoke

Like I said I won't be watching the title game. Im a college football fan. Obviously the Pokes are my #1 but when they aren't playing I watch as many games as I can get my eyes on. Living in Montana I am also a season ticket holder to MSU football games, as well as to the Cowboys. When I can't make it to Laramie I drive a short 2.5 hours to the west and watch the Bobcats. I'm just extremely tired of the SEC. Maybe Chip Kelly at UCLA and if Swinney can keep that machine rolling, and if Meyer, Harbaugh, Dantonio, Patterson and Riley can keep it up and I'll include Shaw, Peterson, and Christ can keep churning maybe, just maybe we can have some new blood in the championship ring. Maybe on the off chance a G5 breaks through and puts a hurt on a couple big boys too.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Honestly not interested hope the ratings are horrible.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

No interest, would rather have seen UCF in there over another poop SEC game.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Another year with one of the teams from the Greedy Bastards Conferences.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

The solution to this problem is to have an 8 team playoff, if you're in a power 5 conference you win your conference and you're in. Then have 3 at-large spots with 1 guaranteed to the best team outside of the power 5.

Having said all that, the 4 team playoff is light years better than before. That first game yesterday was a blast to watch.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Well, we know the ratings won't be down because an all SEC title game is actually a big win for TV ratings. I don't know how much the system was flawed, as Oklahoma certainly had its chance to win and didn't. Clemson looked like a team that didn't belong.. they got flat mollywhopped for four quarters. The Clemson QB wasn't ready for this stage.

That said, one thing yesterday to come of this was that an eight team playoff -has- to happen. No way around it. Central Florida might be the best team in the country, they certainly look like it, but we'll never know. Only team that will finish the season undefeated.

However, if you're really bummed, the FCS championship is on Saturday.. they have a real playoff.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

303cowboy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:21 am The solution to this problem is to have an 8 team playoff, if you're in a power 5 conference you win your conference and you're in. Then have 3 at-large spots with 1 guaranteed to the best team outside of the power 5.

Having said all that, the 4 team playoff is light years better than before. That first game yesterday was a blast to watch.
Do you think they would agree to one G5 spot. I'm not convinced they would even make that concession
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Title Game = :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

SEC is so overrated it is annoying. Yes, Alabama and Georgia are solid, and I will admit Auburn too, but outside of those 3, the conference is not very good this year. I wouldn't even put them as a Top 2 conference this year. I would say Big Ten and Big XII are the top 2, then ACC and SEC. So, having said that, the fact that the SEC got 2 teams in to the playoffs is shocking.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

The SEC wouldn't be nearly as dominant if the NCAA actually punished cheating teams HARD. Remember that exposé years ago about Alabama and LSU backers paying players and recruits with a few players not even bothering being anonymous?
So glad those programs got punished for that. Oh wait.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:18 pm The SEC wouldn't be nearly as dominant if the NCAA actually punished cheating teams HARD. Remember that exposé years ago about Alabama and LSU backers paying players and recruits with a few players not even bothering being anonymous?
So glad those programs got punished for that. Oh wait.
Yep, they call them "bag men."

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... -interview
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

MrTitleist wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:56 am Well, we know the ratings won't be down because an all SEC title game is actually a big win for TV ratings. I don't know how much the system was flawed, as Oklahoma certainly had its chance to win and didn't. Clemson looked like a team that didn't belong.. they got flat mollywhopped for four quarters. The Clemson QB wasn't ready for this stage.

That said, one thing yesterday to come of this was that an eight team playoff -has- to happen. No way around it. Central Florida might be the best team in the country, they certainly look like it, but we'll never know. Only team that will finish the season undefeated.

However, if you're really bummed, the FCS championship is on Saturday.. they have a real playoff.
UCF, not only undefeated, but just beat Auburn, the team who beat both of the teams that are in the Championship game. Worse case scenario, UCF shouldn't finish the season any lower than #2 in any poll.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

This farce of a playoff is going to make for another miserable year living in SEC territory. The only solace I have is the Pokes causing the decade long demise of the University of Tennessee football program.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Since there is no criteria other than "the best 4 teams".....Are we going to say that AL is not the favorite to win? I think it should go to 8...but then....UCF still wouldn't have got in.

Conf champs? They obviously aren't equal so what do you do there?

Auburn beat both of the teams but lost to GA in their second meeting.....could argue they should have been in. Then they get beat by UCF.

Alabama might not of deserved to get in but they just beat the #1 team and will be favored to beat GA.

Makes it frustrating but very interesting as well. No problem seeing two SEC teams play if they are the best teams. And both of those teams won. GA beat OU (which should have won) and AL beat Clemson so...............it leaves us talking....media heads talking...$$$$$$ :twocents:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

All other sports and levels of football have every conference champ participate in the playoffs. Except Div 1 FBS football. All other sports/levels of football are for more competitive, and thus entertaining. While FBS college football gets flack tossed at it daily.

Not too hard to see where I stand on this issue.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I'd honestly rather have the computers back. Still have the playoff but at least computers don't have bias