New Ringer article on Josh

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

CowboyNV wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:46 pm I remember somewhere an article saying he threw in the mid 90's in high school (I think it said 94 mph, but I am old an not as astute as I once was).
Given the weight training and arm strengthening that has occurred since he got here I would have to believe he would be touching triple digits. I know if I had a son with that kind of a talent I would do all in my power to steer him to baseball. Concussion research and other issues make one career more viable long term.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:46 pm I remember somewhere an article saying he threw in the mid 90's in high school (I think it said 94 mph, but I am old an not as astute as I once was).
He was the leading scorer on his basketball team and also pitched on the baseball team, reaching 90 mph with his fastball.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... draft-buzz
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:57 pm
He was the leading scorer on his basketball team and also pitched on the baseball team, reaching 90 mph with his fastball.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... draft-buzz
Thanks Josh. My memory fails me again, haha
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

The author of this article is an idiot. He pulls random stats from various other college QBs to push his narrative of Josh's YPA are less than whoever, his TD to INT ratio is bad compared to whoever, etc., all to support his statement of "He does not seem especially good at playing football." I just pulled up QB college stats from last year's Super Bowl QBs to see how they compare. Turns out Josh's Yards per Attempt, TD to INT ratio and rating are better than both of them. Hell, Favre had crappy college stats, Jared Goff had an incredibly losing record, you could go on all day comparing college stats and NFL performance. It's not all about Josh over throwing a receiver now and then, they all do. The real experts look at everything, the talent around you, the style your team plays, your attitude, intelligence, competition, potential... How can you say a guy's stats are bad and he can't play football, yet here he is? You could say his stats are bad but he's a good player or that he's a bad player with good stats due to circumstance. But you can't claim both.