New Ringer article on Josh

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I really hope he isn't booed on draft day by whoever takes him. It fits very well with his personality though as it will just push him to the next level.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

A lot of people bag on the same thing we all know: yes, Josh struggles with the short throws and screen passes. Are those really all that impossible to learn how to do improperly?

I'll tell you what pretty much no other quarterback in the NFL has learned how to do: throw the football 66 MPH.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

No matter how good one looks at the combines, I would think that game-day performance is the best test to see just how good you are. If Allen doesn't show in the Senior Bowl, I think he drops way down in the draft.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:43 pm No matter how good one looks at the combines, I would think that game-day performance is the best test to see just how good you are. If Allen doesn't show in the Senior Bowl, I think he drops way down in the draft.
Most things I've read said the NFL people care more about senior bowl practices where they can work wit hthem or see them make throws in certain situations. I think it will be good for him to do well tomorrow but I think most NFL people have gotten most of what they want to see out of JOsh already this week.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

TSpoke wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:54 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:43 pm No matter how good one looks at the combines, I would think that game-day performance is the best test to see just how good you are. If Allen doesn't show in the Senior Bowl, I think he drops way down in the draft.
Most things I've read said the NFL people care more about senior bowl practices where they can work wit hthem or see them make throws in certain situations. I think it will be good for him to do well tomorrow but I think most NFL people have gotten most of what they want to see out of JOsh already this week.
The senior bowl is all about the practices. A lot of scouts don't even watch the game from what I've heard.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:37 am A lot of people bag on the same thing we all know: yes, Josh struggles with the short throws and screen passes. Are those really all that impossible to learn how to do improperly?

I'll tell you what pretty much no other quarterback in the NFL has learned how to do: throw the football 66 MPH.
Colin Kaepernick... he never learned how to put touch on his passes. That's why he isn't in the NFL anymore. Josh is a much better passer than Kaepernick was coming out of college though and is a quarterback instead of an athlete.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

DVDA wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:22 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:37 am A lot of people bag on the same thing we all know: yes, Josh struggles with the short throws and screen passes. Are those really all that impossible to learn how to do improperly?

Colin Kaepernick... he never learned how to put touch on his passes. That's why he isn't in the NFL anymore. Josh is a much better passer than Kaepernick was coming out of college though and is a quarterback instead of an athlete.
Best way to describe Josh is as a QB with a tons of athleticism.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Vance Joseph, an NFL head coach, said that Allen looked "pretty damn good" on Tuesday, while he was getting trashed all over the internet. But Vance, the sports bloggers told me he actually sucks!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

And over the course of the week, only that Allen has been looking better and better.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm But Vance, the sports bloggers told me he actually sucks!
I can't figure this sentence out. Does it say "But Vance, the sports bloggers told me, SAYS he actually sucks" (referring to Allen). Or does it say that the sports bloggers say that VANCE sucks? Any body else have a problem with the sentence?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Josh falling is best case scenario for him long term. He'll be out of the spotlight and can work on his craft. He isn't ready to start, but 2 years in the right system, look out.

It isn't like there is as throw he can't make. There are just some things that need work.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:27 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm But Vance, the sports bloggers told me he actually sucks!
I can't figure this sentence out. Does it say "But Vance, the sports bloggers told me, SAYS he actually sucks" (referring to Allen). Or does it say that the sports bloggers say that VANCE sucks? Any body else have a problem with the sentence?
Neither. The sports bloggers said that Josh Allen sucks and an NFL head coach said he looked good. I thought it was straightforward.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

That is incredible. That speed is worth a #1 pick in and of itself. My gosh, top notch MLB baseball pitchers only throw baseballs 96 mph, a few pitchers throw a little faster.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I would love to see how fast Bryce could pitch a baseball. 100+ I would bet.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 am I would love to see how fast Bryce could pitch a baseball. 100+ I would bet.
Bryce?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I can’t help but wonder about his ability as a pitcher and wonder if he missed his calling in life. Football is such a violent sport with a short career. Baseball players on the other hand can play decades.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

wyokoke wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:42 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:10 am I would love to see how fast Bryce could pitch a baseball. 100+ I would bet.
Bryce?
Josh. Dangit
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke just always has wrestling on the brain...can't help it.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I remember somewhere an article saying he threw in the mid 90's in high school (I think it said 94 mph, but I am old an not as astute as I once was).
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.