Theo Dawson

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Remembered that he would be joining the team after his brother committed yesterday. Went back and watched his film, goes without saying he was completely dominant in Wyoming 3A. Obviously all stuff from 2016 but he was confirmed at 6'2" 222 pounds and 4.57 40-yard dash.

Has there been any word about where the kid has been on his mission? How much stock do you put into a seemingly legit prospect who had been away from the game for 2 years? Always seems to work well for BYU when their guys come back 2 years older with 20 pounds of muscle packed on.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don’t know where he served but he will likely redshirt because it’s really hard to be out of the game for two years and he likely needs to bulk up again as well. I don’t expect him to be on the field this year.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

What's the story on Theo's friend from New Hampshire who was also supposed to sign with UW after his mission? Apparently their dads played together at BYU.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I like that we picked up D1 capable Wyoming kids but the BYU connection is off putting.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

marcuswyo wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:50 pm I like that we picked up D1 capable Wyoming kids but the BYU connection is off putting.
Look at it this way, his dad played at the borg but his kid learned from his father's mistakes and came over to the light side!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Related, Adam Kramer did this article on a recruit who's going on a two year mission before football. Pretty interesting what these guys do while they're out in the field to keep in "football shape."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755 ... ar-mission
ImageImageImageImage