Say it ain’t so....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Athletic department is in talks with BYU for future series. Lame and gross. f-word BYU.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

gross
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

marcuswyo wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:25 pm Athletic department is in talks with BYU for future series. Lame and gross. f-word BYU.
This would be VERY disappointing!! Burman said he wouldn’t do that. I hope he is a man of his word.

Those backstabbers shouldn’t be in the discussion with any MWC teams.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

No! Lets those arrogant bastards rot!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Found something that you all WILL enjoy...

The infamous 1990 Holiday Bowl in which the "unnamed ones" got completely obliterated by Texas A & M, 65-14.

I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I hope Burman doesn't kiss their butt!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

castlerocker wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:58 pm I hope Burman doesn't kiss their butt!
Wouldn't surprise me if he does. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I'm ok with playing them, as long as it's in September. It's ridiculous how other MW teams are allowed to screw up conference scheduling by playing BYU in November
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:13 pm
marcuswyo wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:25 pm Athletic department is in talks with BYU for future series. Lame and gross. f-word BYU.
This would be VERY disappointing!! Burman said he wouldn’t do that. I hope he is a man of his word.

Not true. Burman said he wouldn't agree to playing in Provo without getting them to come here in return but never ruled it out.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

castlerocker wrote: ↑
I hope Burman doesn't kiss their butt!

Wouldn't surprise me if he does. :roll:
If he is talking with them about scheduling games...he already is doing that.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Its all about the mighty dollar and if a team signs a home and home with us we really do hafta take it. I'd much rather see that than a Wofford or other FCS team that would really make us look bad following a potential loss. Also gives our students something else to get loud and boisterous for.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

F--k byu* and f--k Tom Burman if he does this. I, for one, will greatly reduce my annual donations if we dignify that institution.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:03 am F--k byu* and f--k Tom Burman if he does this. I, for one, will greatly reduce my annual donations if we dignify that institution.
+1000 This needs to be not only the attitude of all Wyoming fans, it needs to be the attitude adopted by all of the members of the MWC. BYU did everything in their power to destroy this conference, yet there are teams that continue to support their efforts at independence. They have become irrelevant and need to go the way of the dinosaur. They wanted nothing to do with the MWC, so why the hell give them games now? I will never support having them on the schedule period. :twocents:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:03 am F--k byu* and f--k Tom Burman if he does this. I, for one, will greatly reduce my annual donations if we dignify that institution.
Agreed. I don't want to ever play them again. Ever. But if this happens, they HAVE to come to the War first. None of this play on the road then let them buy out the return game BS. And the buyout clause for them should be $100 million or something else ridiculous just to prevent that.

Better yet. Force them to play here first, then buyout the return game in Provostan. Royally screw their schedule. That would almost be worth it.

GO POKES!
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Double post. Sorry.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

BYU - I know we molested you as a child, but now we're all older. How about we go out for a milkshake?
Burman - Milkshake? Well, OK.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:55 am
+1000 This needs to be not only the attitude of all Wyoming fans, it needs to be the attitude adopted by all of the members of the MWC. BYU did everything in their power to destroy this conference, yet there are teams that continue to support their efforts at independence. They have become irrelevant and need to go the way of the dinosaur. They wanted nothing to do with the MWC, so why the hell give them games now? I will never support having them on the schedule period. :twocents:
Another +1000

Has Burman gone off the deep end?? Why would he think something like this would get a warm reception from the Wyoming fanbase? Unbelievable. Provo is insufferable (fans, admin, media).

Let BYU rot in independence. I think Tom Burman should be more focused on regaining fan interest in the half-empty lower bowl at the AA (never mind the upper level) for MBB than trying to help fill BooHooU's schedule. Again, let BYU rot. :thumbdown:
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:45 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Not true. Burman said he wouldn't agree to playing in Provo without getting them to come here in return but never ruled it out.
BS..."I don't have any desire to play BYU" could not be more clear.

FROM ARTICLE:
No longer conference foes beginning next season, UW and BYU would have to work together to schedule meetings, and UW athletics director Tom Burman said that will not be the case.

"I don't have any desire to play BYU," Burman said Tuesday evening after the MWC and WCC confirmed the move.

http://trib.com/sports/college/article_ ... 69808.html
Last edited by OrediggerPoke on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

CowboyNV wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:55 am
I will not be renewing my season tickets for any season in which we play BYU. I too cannot support condoning BYU's behavior in backstabbing its long time conference members (and trying to concoct a plan to dismantle the MWC and boost the WAC on their way out). This is horrible.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

What a shameful thing to do if this happens. Count me in on not renewing season tickets that year.