Say it ain’t so....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:35 pm
Wyokie wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:44 pm
marcuswyo wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:06 pm
All religions are screwed up if you think about it and BTW, I'm atheist so.... :D
:thumb:
Thank you.

Just use common sense, logic, and science and you'll be fine.
I have no doubt God has heard it all from witty atheists. So when you stand before Our Heavenly Father I think that you might want to have something better to say.

As they say, there are no atheists in fox holes, and I learned that when I was in the military.
Well duh, the thought of eternal nothingness is pretty scary and it makes accepting death a lot easier if you have a fairy tale to fall back on.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

DVDA wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:32 am
All religions are screwed up if you think about it and BTW, I'm atheist so.... :D
Thank you.

I have no doubt God has heard it all from witty atheists. So when you stand before Our Heavenly Father I think that you might want to have something better to say.

As they say, there are no atheists in fox holes, and I learned that when I was in the military.
Well duh, the thought of eternal nothingness is pretty scary and it makes accepting death a lot easier if you have a fairy tale to fall back on.
You enjoy the next few years because that is all that you have got...

For me I know that there is a whole world after this mortal life.....

I actually feel for you because you look at a tunnel and only see dark at the end, I look at the same tunnel and see a beautiful light at the end.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:36 pm In an attempt to get back on track, f-word byu, can't wait to watch them have another horrible year as they fade into obscurity.
Amen.

Sorry for bringing religion back into it. ;)
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:39 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:52 pm
jessejames02 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 am What good is a villain if you never get to play it?

Yes, BYU is a sanctimonious, hypocritical, history denying, greedy bunch of cheats.

So we're supposed to skip out on an amazing rivalry that would probably be the best selling game for Wyo most years and one of the easiest away games for fans to attend? Audience-wise, playing BYU annually is equivalent to having an extra power conference team on the schedule.

I hope Burman schedules based on what's best for Wyoming football moving forward. If he's ignoring or passing on games based on hurt feelings, he should be fired.
To play them, to even call them a "villain" validates and scrubs them of the stench of cultish hypocrisy that is the very nature of the school and its backing institution. I would find it far more satisfying to watch their program wither and die, which it eventually will do, especially if the rest of the MW stops scheduling them.

Wyoming needs to lead by example. And any MW school that schedules them- leave rotting broccoli an sausage in the visitors' locker rooms for a week before they play in Laramie.

F--k byu*, f--k Tom Burman if he does this, and f--k anyone who supports it.
Being the stand-up guy that you are I am sure that you will go up to Theo Dawson this fall and let him know in the language that you use here to describe what you think of his "cultish" religion.....and oh while you are at it, go up to Tom and in his face cuss him out for telling him what you think of him for possibly doing this.

Oh wait....you aren't a stand-up type....and do forget the thousands of Mormon fans that Wyoming has and you insult.

BTW, I hate BYU as much as the next guy and maybe more than a number of you. I hate losing to those arrogant asses, and it has nothing to do with the religion. If we lose to CSU or BYU it bothers me for a long time. I just can't stand people who are religious bigots.
You aren't terribly bright, are you? It's about behavior, not belief. byu* and its religious nature are inseparable. The problem is, too many adherents, much like so many of the Islamic faith, believe that all criticism is "bigotry". It isn't.

And, unlike gender, race, the deed, disability, etc., religion is a choice, which makes criticism of it perfectly legitimate.

And believe me, Tom knows EXACTLY how I feel about the idea.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Thank you.

If you're a reasonably intelligent person of faith, you also understand that that is conjecture until proven. Faith is a fine thing, but to state matters of faith as matter of fact pretty much induces eye rolls among those who don't share your faith. Implicit to such "argument" is that all other faiths are wrong. The zealously faithful adherents to those faiths believe the same thing. So far, no one has proven any one faith to be any more "right" than any of the others, despite near-insane expressions of faith in impending revelation of "truth"

As far as no atheists in foxholes- that's a pretty simplistic little soundbite. I've had my fair share of close brushes, and God was the last thing on my mind...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 am
Thank you.

I actually feel for you because you look at a tunnel and only see dark at the end, I look at the same tunnel and see a beautiful light at the end.
No, you BELIEVE "...that there is a whole world after this mortal life." Which is fine. Yay you! But to label and classify others as "wrong" because they don't share your belief is immoral.

Belief and knowledge are not synonymous...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

There's probably a reason staying away from religious discussion is a good idea. :)

I think the best way one could state "unbelief" to a believer in a Monotheistic religion is that you're believing pretty much exactly the same. You as a believer [likely] only believe in one religion, and you don't believe in a hundred different religions. The non-believer just happens to not believe in 101 of them.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Wyovanian wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:40 pm
Thank you.

No, you BELIEVE "...that there is a whole world after this mortal life." Which is fine. Yay you! But to label and classify others as "wrong" because they don't share your belief is immoral.

You are way too sensitive, I never even came close to the word "wrong", that was totally your hyper sensitivity feelings coming out. You have your free will to believe as you wish. You jumped to an assumption that I don't know something, probably because you don't know it yourself. I do KNOW that there is a Heaven beyond this world, if you don't wish to accept the evidence (recorded cases of people that have died and come back, and the Bible which each and every day is proven to be historically accurate through archaeologists, scientists and researchers besides faith) that is your choice, but don't assume to know something about me that you have no clue about.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:36 pm
Thank you.

You are way too sensitive, I never even came close to the word "wrong", that was totally your hyper sensitivity feelings coming out. You have your free will to believe as you wish. You jumped to an assumption that I don't know something, probably because you don't know it yourself. I do KNOW that there is a Heaven beyond this world, if you don't wish to accept the evidence (recorded cases of people that have died and come back, and the Bible which each and every day is proven to be historically accurate through archaeologists, scientists and researchers besides faith) that is your choice, but don't assume to know something about me that you have no clue about.
:rofl:

Kind of like Chariots of the Gods?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wyovanian wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:36 pm
PotatoCreekPete wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:36 pm
Thank you.

:rofl:

Kind of like Chariots of the Gods?
LOL Well....the image we have of Jesus are based off the images of Zeus, King of the Greek Gods so...
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

What I hate about religion is the separation of unity. We've been places and battles for milliania... Always arguing over origin.

When it comes to god, the only things I take to believe are that there is only 1 god. That he created us in his image, and that his power is through his voice.

Music and voice is what defines humanity.

None of that matters, ultimately, what makes me dislike byu is our history. Past actions between our schools resemble Ireland and Briton. It's more of a political conflict, with litigation preventing apology. I wish that byu and Wyoming could drop the masquerade and eat turkey. Even I can't drop it.

That makes great rivalry and opposition. Good for football... Bad for magazines.

I watch and cheer if they played
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I find very few BYU fans, in Arizona at least, who even consider Wyoming a rival. The ones I have spoken to are indifferent to us. What have you guys heard when talking to BYU fans from outside of Wyoming?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Everyone has a belief, if they aren't hurting anyone with it, why bother antagonizing them over it?

And I'm talking the individual basis here, not groups.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

phxpoke wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:59 am I find very few BYU fans, in Arizona at least, who even consider Wyoming a rival. The ones I have spoken to are indifferent to us. What have you guys heard when talking to BYU fans from outside of Wyoming?
That's how it is everywhere. It's a status thing. Even though the hate is there, BYU doesn't want to be affiliated with us. In their minds, their rival is Utah and that's it.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:00 pm
phxpoke wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:59 am I find very few BYU fans, in Arizona at least, who even consider Wyoming a rival. The ones I have spoken to are indifferent to us. What have you guys heard when talking to BYU fans from outside of Wyoming?
That's how it is everywhere. It's a status thing. Even though the hate is there, BYU doesn't want to be affiliated with us. In their minds, their rival is Utah and that's it.
The term "rivalry" implies some level of respect. There is no respect lost between UW and byu*.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I do think that the first time a social issue regarding byu's policies blows up, espn and other networks will be in an uncomfortable situation.

byu just isn't "big-time enough" for it to happen, yet. However, you never know when it will.

It is truly best just to avoid them and not be associated even by scheduled games.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

There's your problem right there. I don't speak to BYU fans, makes for a happier life.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I don't care about BYU or its fans beliefs or religion. I only care about their actions and their actions have shown them to be dishonest, backstabbing, cheating, lying, condescending pricks...and that's when they are being nice. Screw BYU.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:53 am I don't care about BYU or its fans beliefs or religion. I only care about their actions and their actions have shown them to be dishonest, backstabbing, cheating, lying, condescending pricks...and that's when they are being nice. Screw BYU.
:agree:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:52 pm
NowherePoke wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:53 am I don't care about BYU or its fans beliefs or religion. I only care about their actions and their actions have shown them to be dishonest, backstabbing, cheating, lying, condescending pricks...and that's when they are being nice. Screw BYU.
:agree:
Same here.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!